X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

The New England Game

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon at all, I'm just being realistic here. I don't think we have a very good chance against The Patsies at all. I watched them last night and they don't look too bad. Their backup QB is playing a lot better now. The bottomline is that their coaching staff is superior to ours and they will probably school Jauron's crew. The sad thing about it is that you could probably give Bellichick our roster and he would probably come up with a way to win with them too.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The New England Game

Doesn't matter if they had Rob Johnson at qb, their coaches will find a way to make him serviceable.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

We have a pathetic coaching staff. No fire, no guts. We might have heart, but it takes a hell of a lot more than that in this day and age in the NFL.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Doesn't matter if they had Rob Johnson at qb, their coaches will find a way to make him serviceable.
        their "genius" of a coach horribly mishandled the Patsies clock. If he hadnt wasted a couple of their timeouts, the Pats might not have had to go for it on 4th and 14, could have trusted their D to get them the ball back, and ultimately would have had a better chance of winning. Belichick might have lost the game for them.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          their "genius" of a coach horribly mishandled the Patsies clock. If he hadnt wasted a couple of their timeouts, the Pats might not have had to go for it on 4th and 14, could have trusted their D to get them the ball back, and ultimately would have had a better chance of winning. Belichick might have lost the game for them.
          I didn't say BB is perfect. THey have a Qb who's last start prior to this season was back in high school. We have a qb who's supposedly very smart ,etc,et,ce,tc and we have Lynch who's better than anything they have right now and yet their O is better than ours.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            I didn't say BB is perfect. THey have a Qb who's last start prior to this season was back in high school. We have a qb who's supposedly very smart ,etc,et,ce,tc and we have Lynch who's better than anything they have right now and yet their O is better than ours.
            Really? They're outgaining us by 2 yards per game, and we have the edge in points per game (scoring 1.8 points more per game than they are).

As far as the Pats game is concerned, I'm very wary. However, we do have reason to be optimistic. Most of the mistakes seem to be coming when Edwards is pressured, and the run game either isn't being used (coming from behind late), or is not working.

The Patriots have only 14 sacks on the year (we have 13, Dolphins have 18, Jets have 29). That means they're getting about as little pressure as we are. Plus, their run D (allowing 105 ypg) is worse than both the Jets (allowing 76 ypg) and the Dolphins (allowing 89.6 ypg). Their highly touted D-line is not playing nearly as well as people would think. If there's a game for our offense to get back into a rhythm and still give us hope in the division, this is it. They need to go on the road and dominate, otherwise we are in big, big trouble.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

My suggestion would be to forfeit the New England game...take a second BYE week, and regroup.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I think we will play them tough and be in it at the end. I hope we come out on top.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Cassel's just the kind of QB who can pick us apart like Pennington and Warner did. The Bills need to throw the house at him, because he can't elude like Brady can and the front four isn't enough.

And unless Trent gets rid of the ball faster, I don't trust his line to protect him against anyone.

So drastic game-plan changes are needed on both sides, because the Bills won't win the battles in the trenches.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Cassel's just the kind of QB who can pick us apart like Pennington and Warner did. The Bills need to throw the house at him, because he can't elude like Brady can and the front four isn't enough.
                    We only have a pup tent to work with.

Originally posted by Philagape
                    So drastic game-plan changes are needed on both sides
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

I am going to be at this game...
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        Sorry.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Good luck to you.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Can you play DE?
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              their "genius" of a coach horribly mishandled the Patsies clock. If he hadnt wasted a couple of their timeouts, the Pats might not have had to go for it on 4th and 14,
                              If that one player didn't take the personal foul penalty they would have never have been in 4th and whatever. If Gaffney catches the ball the outcome might have been different also.

Comment

Working...
                              X