PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Hardy.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I got to watch him for the first time extensively. He lined up alot as the the #2 guy.

Uhhh, he sucked.

He's slow as **** and couldn't get open but on one play. Convert the guy to TE because he will never, ever be a #2 receiver here.

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Wow you people are terrible. Receiver takes at least a year to really pay off in this league unless you get lucky. You have to give Hardy at least a year and a half to start judging him. I would love to see him catch more balls, but chill out.

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I assume you also changed Eric Moulds to TE after one half of a season?

Mahdi
11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I got to watch him for the first time extensively. He lined up alot as the the #2 guy.

Uhhh, he sucked.

He's slow as **** and couldn't get open but on one play. Convert the guy to TE because he will never, ever be a #2 receiver here.
There's no need for panic. He is a rookie receiver. He is learning. Funny how Jacksonville fans were saying the exact same things about Matt Jones up until a few weeks ago actually. Now he is blossoming into a pretty solid receiver. Hardy is 8 games in to his NFL career and you are already calling for his conversion to TE. WOW. Good thing you didn't have any say in Plaxico Burress carreer. Plax's first year stats:

22 rec, 273 yards, 0 TD. Hmmmmm.....

RedEyE
11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I was concerned with Hardy on the last Bills drive when Edwards threw up the jump INT in the endzone. After seeing it a half dozen times more on ESPN, it's painfully now obvious that mistake could go to either player. Unless we know how its practice we'll never really know.

Hardy could have faded off that route to position himself better for the ball, but Edwards could have thrown it a little higher as well.

Regardless, it would have been a little too late at that point.

It is his first year.

raphael120
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow you people are terrible. Receiver takes at least a year to really pay off in this league unless you get lucky. You have to give Hardy at least a year and a half to start judging him. I would love to see him catch more balls, but chill out.

Donnie Avery, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal...

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
The front office should have signed a veteran than.

jamesiscool
11-03-2008, 04:01 PM

What veteran free agent has made such an enormous game changing impact that was available this previous off season? Wilford sucks, berrian was over paid, Bryant Johnson sucks and they're all in the prime of their careers and still haven't produced? There were no Randy moss's or TO's available this offseason? At least hardy is young and will develope where as with all of the orcipisly mentioned free agent wide outs will continue you suck and be overpaid.

Think before you post man.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I"m not worried about Hardy long term, but I will say he's pretty close to useless for 2008. The best you can hope for is for a clutch catch here and there (like the Jags game)

Hes not ready to start, but we dont have a choice.

Mahdi
11-03-2008, 04:43 PM
That's a particular type of receiver and they're acclimation to the pro game is easier than it is for players like Matt Jones, Plax, Hardy etc. They typically need more time to learn how to run their routes better and use their bodies. Those smaller guys yer speaking of come in to the NFL with route running as their strength, which is what got them drafted in the first place.

Amazing, we all cry for a BIG wr and when we get one we dont want the growing pains that come with it.

Mahdi
11-03-2008, 04:45 PM
This team is not going in the direction of filling needs with veterans all over the roster. It's clear the FO wants to have a core of players together for several years.

Oaf
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I was at the game and this guy gets shoved off his route the majority of the time.

Mahdi
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I was at the game and this guy gets shoved off his route the majority of the time.
Again, he is learning the pro game. There is a transition period and learning how to use his body at the LOS and in his routes is one of the main hurdles for a rookie WR. Particularly this type of WR.

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM

We don't have time to wait!!!! Git 'R Dun!!!!!

X-Era
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Uhhh, he sucked.

This post is a tool.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
People need to relax about Hardy and McKelvin. Both of them play positions that are notorious with taking time to develop at. I'm not about to write them off after 8 games...sorry.

Philagape
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
People need to relax

:jawdrop:

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
:jawdrop:

I know...I know.

Oaf
11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Donnie Avery, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal... All these are pint-sized dwarfs that just run past everyone. Why we don't use Parrish in the same way is absolutely beyond me but Hardy plays a COMPLETELY different game from those others.

How's Kelly and Sweed doing these days? Exactly. They are the WRs we should compare Hardy to. The others were either drafted before we picked or were not a good fit at all (With Evans and Parrish already).

SpillerThrills
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM

those recievers are Parrish type of players.... they are guys who have simple routes that are quick to develope and allowed to make the catch and a move or two to be able to get their yardage. basicall a quick slant or quick in and then make a move to break free... Avery, Jackson and Royal are all good at that position.... put them as a #2 reciever and I'll bet that they would be having problems.

notice you haven't heard much about Sweed, or Kelly.... the other big recievers many people here wanted.

VeggieMan14
11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Donnie Avery, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal... If you notice all three are fast recievers fast recievers can start off good because if they can run past a guy and the QB can throw it to him the stats will be there... hardy is a big reciever and more of a possession type guy or an endzone threat (Not Yet but his body type is like that) guys like that always take a while to develop

acehole
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM

Uhhh, he sucked.

Everything sucks but Trent...got it.

VeggieMan14
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
i see that was posted twice already my B lol

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
There is always next year. That's the moto around here.

Well I've waited long enough. I'm asking for this team to make the friggin playoffs. Prime chance to do this without Brady and we started 5-1.

Now we are one game away from being 5-4 and in last place in the East. Let's keep waiting for Hardy and McKlevin to develop.

VeggieMan14
11-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Well I've waited long enough. I'm asking for this team to make the friggin playoffs. Prime chance to do this without Brady and we started 5-1.

Now we are one game away from being 5-4 and in last place in the East. Let's keep waiting for Hardy and McKlevin to develop. we are also one game away from being 6-3 and on top of the division

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Now we are one game away from being 5-4 and in last place in the East. Let's keep waiting for Hardy and McKlevin to develop.

That has more to do with inept coaching then it does with rookies not developing faster. I agree, I'd like for them to be producing, but it just isn't realistic.

psubills62
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Freaking take a pill, people. Everyone hates it when we're so weak at positions that we're forced to start rookies right off the bat (Lynch, Poz, Whitner, Simpson, etc.). Then when they try to develop the rookies instead of throwing them into the fire, people get pissed too.

Just because Hardy isn't playing at a high level yet doesn't mean he never will.