PDA

View Full Version : The stat that far and away matters most

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
No need to over analyze.

This is the most simple yet telling statistic to date this year. In the Bills three losses, they have turned the ball over 11 FREEGIN TIMES.

That's got to stop immediately. If we can't run the ball, that's a contributing factor. But we aint beating anybody in this league turning the ball over 11 times in three games.

RockStar36
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
They have issues all over the place so I'm not dumping all the blame on Edwards but he really needs to learn how to hang on to the ball when he gets hit.

ScottLawrence
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
No need to over analyze.

This is the most simple yet telling statistic to date this year. In the Bills three losses, they have turned the ball over 11 FREEGIN TIMES.

That's got to stop immediately. If we can't run the ball, that's a contributing factor. But we aint beating anybody in this league turning the ball over 11 times in three games.

This goes back to the offensive line.

Getting pressure on the QB causes turnovers.

The O-Line has allowed way to much pressure and the sad part is a lot of these turnovers have been caused with only 3 down lineman breaking through our line.

Pathetic......

I'd really like us to say consistent with the ground game. Too much shotgun, IMO.

It might not work at first but if we stay consistent with it, the defense eventually wears down.

This was seen a little bit in the Miami game as we took the first drive of the 2nd half and ran it right down the field for a TD. After that I believe we ran the ball a total of 4 times the rest of the game resulting in a terrible loss.

Turk did the same thing against the Jets, although the Jets do a much better job at stopping the run then Miami.

The game plan in New England should be to stick with the running game and much less Shotgun and less 4 and 5 wide sets, IMO.

DraftBoy
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Well this is only the 10th or 11th thread about turnovers...

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Take the TOs away and we are sitting at 7-1 on top of the division.

djjimkelly
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
They have issues all over the place so I'm not dumping all the blame on Edwards but he really needs to learn how to hang on to the ball when he gets hit.

LOL

TacklingDummy
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM

True.

He did get jacked up on the last 2 fumbles. I doubt many QB would have hung on to the ball.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Getting pressure on the QB causes turnovers.

Tell that to Perry.

DraftBoy
11-03-2008, 11:34 AM
True.

He did get jacked up on the last 2 fumbles. I doubt many QB would have hung on to the ball.

I dont know that one yesterday wasn't that bad, he's got to feel the pressure better and tuck the ball if he knows he's getting hit.

RedEyE
11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree that the turnovers must stop.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I dont know that one yesterday wasn't that bad, he's got to feel the pressure better and tuck the ball if he knows he's getting hit.

There is no way he feels the blitzer coming on that first one and nobody would have held onto the ball...he got lit up. The FB missed his assignment and TE paid for it. I'm not making excuses for him because I agree, he seems to have lost a little feel for the pressure coming, but that fumble on the 5 yardline was not his fault.

X-Era
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
No need to over analyze.

Right stat, wrong reporting.

I think the real stat is the turnover ratio which stands at -5.

Its not just that we turn the ball over, that in and of itself can be overcome. Its do we turn the ball over more than our opponent. The answer is no and thats a huge problem.

Its a tried and true rule that the team that turns the ball over the least usually wins.

psubills62
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Right stat, wrong reporting.

I think the real stat is the turnover ratio which stands at -5.

Its not just that we turn the ball over, that in and of itself can be overcome. Its do we turn the ball over more than our opponent. The answer is no and thats a huge problem.

Its a tried and true rule that the team that turns the ball over the least usually wins.

I never understood why they call that the turnover ratio...it's actually a difference. A ratio would be turnovers gained divided by turnovers lost, so the further from zero the better. And it would never be negative.

Anyway, that's my little rant for the night. I agree - turnovers have truly killed this team. I feel as though without the turnovers, we would have gone 2-0, maybe 1-1. If they can have a game with zero turnovers, I'd almost guarantee a win.