PDA

View Full Version : hey Trent

Bone
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Let's hold on to the ball just a little longer

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the receivers as well.

Don't get me wrong- Trent has to feel the pressure and if no one's open, it's on him to either scramble or get out of the pocket and throw it away. He did a piss poor job of that on Sunday.

But on several plays he had a fair amount of time and seemed to survey the whole field, yet came up with nothing. As smart and efficient as Trent has been this season, I have a hard time believing someone was open and Trent failed to see them (especially since the D had 7 or 8 in coverage on most plays). This was a total team collapse.

1. No running game to open up the passing game (that's mostly on the OL, but Jackson also sucked yesterday).
2. Receivers not getting open.
3. The OL not providing enough time against a 3 or 4 man rush.
4. Edwards not feeling the pressure and getting out of trouble fast enough.

Pathetic.

Thurmal
11-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I would also appreciate it if you would not fumble every time you're blindsided.

RedEyE
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I see the play calling being more of the issue.

No offense, Turk, but earlier in the season the ball was flying out of Trent's hands with more quick release type plays. The plays over the past two weeks are taking entirely too long to develop. The pass protection isn't breaking down every play and Edwards isn't always holding the ball to long..

Also, the Bills offense has become clearly one dimensional. They are using the passing game too much to open up the run. I've always believed that this is an bass-ackward way of moving the chains. Use the run to open the pass. You can do this without diluting creativity.

Lose the two TE formation more often and adopt more of a split back style of offense. Lynch and Jackson can move the chains when they hit the open field. Use Lynch on your dive plays and as the all around work horse, and Jackson is a true beast on the misdirection.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
How about some screen passes and some draws?

Have the Bills ran a draw all year?

I know they ran at least 2 screen passes. Lynch/Jackson didn't catch the damn ball.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Op makes a great point. Trent is not JP. Trent isn't going to just hang on the ball waiting for a guy to be wide open. I watched him yesterday survey the whole field looking for plays to develop.

I actually think that Hardy was supposed to be part of the gameplan because I kept seeing Trent look to him but the guy was never open.

Reed is obviously missed out there and it was evdient yesterday. Hell, Royal was the leading WR so that should tell you something.

I actually think the pick that went for 7 was a throw out of total frustration. It was a stupid throw and clearly everyone was covered.

Trent deserves much of the loss but I'm kind of tired of not having the rest of the team step up when he struggles. I watched plenty of games where Kelly struggled but the team won in other phases.

We had 8 minutes left in the game and we let the Jets drive down the field and essentially win the game. It's not like Trent played so bad that we were down by 3 scores. It was a 6 point game with 8 minutes left.

madness
11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
for the second week in a row, the D was dropping 8-9 guys and double teaming Evans. If our WR's can't get open and we can't run the damn ball, what else do you expect him to do?

Concerning the pick that went for 6, great read by the safety but it was a timing route. I don't think Parrish lying on the ground was a hot route.

Trent should take the blame for the loss as well as every member of this team but you can't pin a loss soley on him just because the INT's and fumble get credited against his stats.

... and what is this "Trent needs to protect the ball" crap? I've seen greats like Farve, Brady and Manning cough up the ball the same way when a blitzer comes in untouched on their blind side. The difference is that their line lets it happen a few times a season. Our line lets it happen at least once a game.

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
The frustrating part is that 5 guys (the O-line) can't keep 3 guys (The Jets D-line) out of the backfield on both running and passing plays.

bills_7
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
trent did not survey the whole field lol he only looked for evans and roscoe

bigbub2352
11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Cant throw the ball when ur WRs and TEs cant get open, cant make plays when the D isnt even considering you are running the ball and cant throw the long ball when they double team Evans and Parrish cant get open
What happened to the slant pattern or screens or down feild throws?
Oh Yeah the Oling cant block and cant get out of there blocks cause they are unathletic and over paid

Philagape
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
With all the deficiencies on O ... no running game to respect and receivers who can't get open ... Trent would have to be perfect to have a decent game. He isn't. He's holding the ball too long in the pocket to compensate for all that, and that gets him in trouble.

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Dont pin the blame all on Trent man its the teams fault starting with the o-line to the wideouts not getting open

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2008, 03:00 PM
trent did not survey the whole field lol he only looked for evans and roscoe

Yeah, because they were the only ones that caught passes.

jamze132
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Our C and RG suck donkeycock.