PDA

View Full Version : Time to get a better tall WR in here to help out Evans. Who do you want?

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
McHardy looks like he's not brigght enough to understand what it takes to be a decent NFL wide receiver. Who do you want to be the #2 and McHardy can learn on the job as a #4 receiver or #5 receiver?

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Half a season...... are you serious? Most WR's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL game. Consider that Hardy is playing in an offense that is much different and running routes he's never run before. Now that Reed is out, I expect to see Hardy a little more each week until he returns. I'm not expecting a sudden break-out (though it would be a nice surprise), but he should be worked into the game more often.

madness
I think we should just clone Evans.

raphael120
I'm going to start calling Hardy Hardly because he's hardly and NFL WR.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm inlcined to give Hardy a rookie pass but he looks hardly special. Even Ted Ginn, who struggled last year, showed plenty of flashes.

He really looks like another Kevin Everett signing.

Pinkerton Security
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
well we are probably the worst team to ever play the game, so we should have a shot at Crabtree after all!

New Ro's Greatest
11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
You guys are funny! You couldn't be talking about that underthrown pass that Trent had yesterday right? These past few games when Hardy has been called on he has been o.k. GO BILLS!

bigbub2352
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Hardy right now is the victim of bad play calling and the Offenzive cordinater not using his size and speed to there advatage, they take to long to go to him in the redzone if they even do, he never gets the ball short on a slant pattern, also having Trent put it up to him from the 40 instead of inside the 20 which we were a few times against maimi and NYJ, is just a bad play call and a bad throw by Trent

no running gmaes means the Cbs are sitting on the pass not even thinking about the run that is why it seems like the pass rush and coverage has been so good
Our Over paid Oline is problem number 1
and then the overpaid Dline is even better

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
The one time he's run a fade route and had the ball put where he could get it, it was a TD. Isn't that what he was brought here for? If I were to compare him with a good NFL veteran, it would be Burress, but before you guys start looking for Plaxico Burress in a rookie, consider what he was like his rookie year.

22 catches, 273 yards, 0 TD's

Hardy is 22 for goodness sake. He's barely through his awkward years.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
You guys are funny! You couldn't be talking about that underthrown pass that Trent had yesterday right? These past few games when Hardy has been called on he has been o.k. GO BILLS!

This is a fallacy that happens all too frequently around here.

When someone criticizes a player, someone else picks out the worst play and automatically assumes the criticism slowly revolved around that play.

The INT at the end was not Hardy's fault. With an underthrown ball, there's almost nothing he could have done to get to it that wouldnt' have resulted in offensive PI.

That being said, he still had a bad game. He ran bad routes and didn't get open. There's a reason why Edwards didn't throw to him.

Hardy did have some nice grabs against Miami, but other than that, he's been a non-factor. It's early in his career and it's too soon to dismiss him completely, but this team really needs him to show something in Reed's absence.

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
That being said, he still had a bad game. He ran bad routes and didn't get open. There's a reason why Edwards didn't throw to him.

While I am not saying he was great, Trent did not look his way very often.

It was not all on Hardy.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
While I am not saying he was great, Trent did not look his way very often.

It was not all on Hardy.

no, I said in another thread that the whole O played poorly.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Hardy right now is the victim of bad play calling and the Offenzive cordinater not using his size and speed to there advatage, they take to long to go to him in the redzone if they even do, he never gets the ball short on a slant pattern, also having Trent put it up to him from the 40 instead of inside the 20 which we were a few times against maimi and NYJ, is just a bad play call and a bad throw by Trent

I'm starting to wonder why our coaches like to ease players into the league when you have guys like Coltson, Desean Jackson and Royals not needing any time to develop.

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm starting to wonder why our coaches like to ease players into the league when you have guys like Coltson, Desean Jackson and Royals not needing any time to develop.

Those players are the exception, not the rule.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Those players are the exception, not the rule.
yeah, this team or it's moves are never an exception to the rule. It's always another team.

Lynch shouldn't be an exception. He should've been a beast by now after drafting him where we did. Yet he's playing like Beauty instead of the beast.

raphael120
11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Gonzales would've helped....who looks stupid now?

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
is this kid serious right now ?

Night Train
11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah, this team or it's moves are never an exception to the rule. It's always another team.

Lynch shouldn't be an exception. He should've been a beast by now after drafting him where we did. Yet he's playing like Beauty instead of the beast.

Walter Payton in his prime couldn't gain 30 yards behind this line. You have got to be kidding me.

That's like Rosie blaming spoons for being fat.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Walter Payton in his prime couldn't gain 30 yards behind this line. You have got to be kidding me.

That's like Rosie blaming spoons for being fat.

Let me clarify, Lynch is not the problem. My point is, we can't catch a break with any player that is able to make up for any shortcoming in other areas. I've always stated our running game blows even when others were saying they were average.

Willis ran better with Bennie Anderson for crying out loud. If this continues, I will have to apologize to Mularkey and Fairchild.

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Half a season...... are you serious? Most WR's take at least a year to adjust to the NFL game. Consider that Hardy is playing in an offense that is much different and running routes he's never run before. Now that Reed is out, I expect to see Hardy a little more each week until he returns. I'm not expecting a sudden break-out (though it would be a nice surprise), but he should be worked into the game more often.

Yes I'm VERY serious, no time for projects!!!!
:drama:

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 04:55 PM
hahahahahaha this guy right here

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
It was all good when we were 4-0 now look what happened

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
hahahahahaha this guy right here

What guy?

The Jokeman
11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
McHardy looks like he's not brigght enough to understand what it takes to be a decent NFL wide receiver. Who do you want to be the #2 and McHardy can learn on the job as a #4 receiver or #5 receiver?
I'm not faulting Hardy, it's been posted many times and in many places that most WRs take a good three NFL seasons before they make significant contributions so to say we need a better WR I think is a misnomer. Instead think we'd better suited for a veteran WR. That's why during most of the offseason I was saying we'd be wise to sign a veteran and draft a guy like Limas Sweed (who's not done much in his has just 4 catches for 39 yards to date). In terms of this offseason I'm all for adding a vet to the mix. Bryant Johnson is due to be an UFA and while he hasn't done much with San Fran is still a guy I'd welcome for a year or two while Hardy learns to play the position in the NFL.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm not faulting Hardy, it's been posted many times and in many places that most WRs take a good three NFL seasons before they make significant contributions so to say we need a better WR I think is a misnomer. Instead think we'd better suited for a veteran WR. That's why during most of the offseason I was saying we'd be wise to sign a veteran and draft a guy like Limas Sweed (who's not done much in his has just 4 catches for 39 yards to date). In terms of this offseason I'm all for adding a vet to the mix. Bryant Johnson is due to be an UFA and while he hasn't done much with San Fran is still a guy I'd welcome for a year or two while Hardy learns to play the position in the NFL.

Johnson? You do realize he's SF's 5th receiver behind Bruce, Battle, Morgan, and Hill.....

He does not improve this receiving corps.

I concur with the comment about receiver development. I also agree that we could have used veteran help, but the FA market was doo doo.

The Jokeman
11-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Johnson? You do realize he's SF's 5th receiver behind Bruce, Battle, Morgan, and Hill.....

He does not improve this receiving corps.

I concur with the comment about receiver development. I also agree that we could have used veteran help, but the FA market was doo doo.
All we need Johnson to do is be a borderline #2/3 he showed he could be a #3 in Arizona granted he had guys like Fitz and Boldin ahead of him. I'm pretty sure he could serve a similar role here as the only reason Hardy's under a spot light now is because Josh Reed is hurt. I don't know how correct this list is but one of the few out there but the 2009 UFA WR list (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2009) looks pretty weak.

zone
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM
This thread is a waste of time, you are talking about a guy half way into his rookie season at WR.

Should we have gotten rid of Eric Moulds after his rookie season, no? How about after his 2nd year?

blackonyx89
11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes I'm VERY serious, no time for projects!!!!
:drama:

Whoever negged me need to realize that we need a seasoned WR that's tall that can help Evan out now!!! What a surprise you wrote ? Spare me that garbage! Cowards neg and don't say who they are punks! LOL!