• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

A few things to point out from yesterday

1. First, I am not proclaiming Hardy a stud or anything. But there were a few times he was open yesterday. I am not saying wide open. But he was open enough (or more than whomever the ball was forced to) that a pass could have been thrown his way. Instead Trent went back and locked onto his receiver (usually Evans or Roscoe) and never even looked at Hardy. He has to look his way, even if it just to keep the defense honest. Hardy had one ball thrown his way the entire game. He will not get better if Trent and the coaches do not use him more. In fact, the worst part of Trent's performance was him only looking at the primary receiver and then the outlet, and not going through any progressions (at least not to the opposite side of the field)

2. I might be in the minority, but the defense played well until the 4th quarter. In the end the defense gave up 16 points. That should be enough to win a game. The last drive was bad, no doubt. But they had 3 solid quarters. Keith Ellison actually made a couple of nice plays too. I wonder if not having McCargo available to give the DTs a break had an effect?

3. Kawika Mitchell was terrible.

4. Derek Fine was outstanding. Hey it is only one game, but it was something!

5. Aaron Schobel is missed. Has been fantastic against the run this year and at least attracts extra attention from the OL on a pass rush.

6. McKelvin is going to break a KO soon.

7. For those that say Jauron never gets out of his calm mode, he did have one animated discussion with the refs.

8. They better win next week, but I don't see it happening.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: A few things to point out from yesterday

The season is far from over, however if they don't win next week the playoffs are seriously in doubt. They still control their own destiny but they can't keep playing like this.

I liked what I saw from Fine. Hopefully that spells the end of Royal pretty soon.

D & S Sports

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

There is no way to sugarcoat a three game losing streak, particularly when it is with division foes. Let's hope the Bills bring their A-game against NE.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

I agree about Hardy. Trent gets too careful with the ball. When Flutie was here he would throw a jumpball up for Moulds and he would usually come down with it. He needs to use Hardy's best assett, his size and give him a chance even when he isn't WIDE open. He also needs to put the ball in a little better spot for Hardy to go after it too.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

-I feel ever since the SD game, this team has lost its intensity.

-Im just fed up with our Center situation. I dont care if we have a top 10 pick, we better take a friggin center.

-agree on Fine. im looking forward to seeing him play more

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            I agree about Hardy. Trent gets too careful with the ball. When Flutie was here he would throw a jumpball up for Moulds and he would usually come down with it. He needs to use Hardy's best assett, his size and give him a chance even when he isn't WIDE open. He also needs to put the ball in a little better spot for Hardy to go after it too.
            Trent tried this one play in the endzone and I think Rhodes came down with it, Hardy hardly put up a fight for the ball.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

1) Sorry, but Hardy was slow running routes and I saw several times where Hardy looked like the primary and he was completely covered.

2) There were a few times where Evans had one on one and I think Trent should have gone long but who knows.

3) Derek Fine is just another junk hybrid TE. I don't know why this board falls in love with mediocre players. Coy Wire, 10 times over.

Enjoyed meeting some of the zoners!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

It was with a minute left and while Hardy did not put up a good fight, the pass was in perfect position for the Jets DB.

BTW, Trent stared Hardy down on that pass too so everybody knew where it was going.

And while I realize (as CoachSal as pointed out) that staring down a reciever is going to happen and QBs are criticized too much for it, I thought it really stood out yesterday. Could be wrong though.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  1) Sorry, but Hardy was slow running routes and I saw several times where Hardy looked like the primary and he was completely covered.

2) There were a few times where Evans had one on one and I think Trent should have gone long but who knows.

3) Derek Fine is just another junk hybrid TE. I don't know why this board falls in love with mediocre players. Coy Wire, 10 times over.

Enjoyed meeting some of the zoners!!
                  Who is in love with Fine? He had a very good game yesterday. I think proclaiming him a stud or mediocre is waaaaaaaaaaaaay premature.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    The season is far from over, however if they don't win next week the playoffs are seriously in doubt. They still control their own destiny but they can't keep playing like this.

I liked what I saw from Fine. Hopefully that spells the end of Royal pretty soon.
                    They combined for 7 catches and 113 yards Sunday.. or something like that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      1. First, I am not proclaiming Hardy a stud or anything. But there were a few times he was open yesterday. I am not saying wide open. But he was open enough (or more than whomever the ball was forced to) that a pass could have been thrown his way. Instead Trent went back and locked onto his receiver (usually Evans or Roscoe) and never even looked at Hardy. He has to look his way, even if it just to keep the defense honest. Hardy had one ball thrown his way the entire game. He will not get better if Trent and the coaches do not use him more. In fact, the worst part of Trent's performance was him only looking at the primary receiver and then the outlet, and not going through any progressions (at least not to the opposite side of the field)

2. I might be in the minority, but the defense played well until the 4th quarter. In the end the defense gave up 16 points. That should be enough to win a game. The last drive was bad, no doubt. But they had 3 solid quarters. Keith Ellison actually made a couple of nice plays too. I wonder if not having McCargo available to give the DTs a break had an effect?

3. Kawika Mitchell was terrible.

4. Derek Fine was outstanding. Hey it is only one game, but it was something!

5. Aaron Schobel is missed. Has been fantastic against the run this year and at least attracts extra attention from the OL on a pass rush.

6. McKelvin is going to break a KO soon.

7. For those that say Jauron never gets out of his calm mode, he did have one animated discussion with the refs.

8. They better win next week, but I don't see it happening.
                      Good Post. I especially agree about the defense. If the Jets hadn't reeled off that long drive to clinch the game, I would have said that on the whole our defense played well yesterday. They gave up one touchdown. A stop on that last drive, and they would they have only given up 13 points. That should be enough to win.

Our defense is not dominant, but it's playing well enough for us to make the playoffs if the offense can do its part. I'm not panicking about the defense.

What's killing us is our inability to run the football. That's what we should be panicking about.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Who is in love with Fine? He had a very good game yesterday. I think proclaiming him a stud or mediocre is waaaaaaaaaaaaay premature.
                        You said he was "outstanding."

So that means Royal must have been super-duper, exceptional!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          You said he was "outstanding."

So that means Royal must have been super-duper, exceptional!!
                          How do you classify how the guy played yesterday?

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

It was with a minute left and while Hardy did not put up a good fight, the pass was in perfect position for the Jets DB.

BTW, Trent stared Hardy down on that pass too so everybody knew where it was going.

And while I realize (as CoachSal as pointed out) that staring down a reciever is going to happen and QBs are criticized too much for it, I thought it really stood out yesterday. Could be wrong though.
                            Trent didn't have a good game but it seems like winning is completely on his shoulders. 30 yards rushing is a joke.

Beastmode is more like Leastmode.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

He was outstanding.

I also said it was only one game.

For a guy playing in his 2nd career game, he did pretty well. He blocked well too.

But it is only one game.

Comment

Working...
                              X