PDA

View Full Version : Drunk driver from Bills game kills pedestrian

trapezeus
11-03-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/482708.html

This is some sad news to come out from the game. If you're going to drink at the games, be responsible. None of us like seeing these kind of stories, but hopefully posting it helps reduces a posters decision to drink and drive when at the game.

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
thats sad man

Night Train
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Obviously, you're not a regular at the Ralph on gameday mornings. More than 50 % of the tailgaiters are royally buzzed by kickoff and continue to drink during the game.

Sad news but hardly a surprise.

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
No not surprised at all man

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't think this will stop either.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I was at the game and as much as many of you think a new stadium will the kill the tailgating I think it won't be the worst thing.

I'm surprised more people aren't killed or injured after these games.

I think if the Bills are staying in Buffalo it's going to be with a culture change as well.

People treat the Bills like it's a free concert in the park. There are plenty of cities that will support the ticket prices and concessions and leave the game responsibly.

MikeInRoch
11-03-2008, 03:10 PM
They should maybe put checkpoints on all the roads from the stadium...

JD
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
They should maybe put checkpoints on all the roads from the stadium...

Imagine the traffic. Good idea for sure but I just don't think they would do it. Maybe alternate road checks from the stadium. One week Abbott, another week Southwestern.. etc

shelby
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
:(

:pray:

Bockcity
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Idiot I hope he gets a long term sentence and gets it in the butt in jail.

trapezeus
11-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Obviously, you're not a regular at the Ralph on gameday mornings. More than 50 % of the tailgaiters are royally buzzed by kickoff and continue to drink during the game.

Sad news but hardly a surprise.

I am a season ticket holder and go to pretty much all the games. i know how rowdy it can be and i know it gets worse when the bills lose. it seems when they win, people hang out a little longer, work off the buzz and sober up in the parking lot a little bit.

the guy who did this is 22. his life is going to be changed forever. this could have happened to about 80% of people who attend the game.

i'm not asking for the world to change. i'm just saying, here is a reminder that these things happen. take some precaution. and know that this will probably make the next game, (monday nighter) probably really closely watched by the police. Get a limo, get a friend who doesnt drink to drive, get a cab if you are going to drink. Your life could very well change if you don't.

Mike13
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Thats sad, some people should really take it easy on the booze.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
The sooner people realize that they're there to watch an NFL game and not there to get *****faced, the better.

CuseJetsFan83
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
i'm really hoping for the monday night game against cleveland there are a few checkpoints, especially since the game might not be done til near midnight

tat2dmike77
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Thats why they banned alcohol at all tailgating at OSU games on saturdays here in columbus. Kids can't handle thier alcohol and do stupid crap like this.

hammerbillsfan
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
i'm really hoping for the monday night game against cleveland there are a few checkpoints, especially since the game might not be done til near midnight
I'll have a few before the game but WILL sober up during the game.

thenry20
11-04-2008, 12:29 AM
I am a season ticket holder and go to pretty much all the games. i know how rowdy it can be and i know it gets worse when the bills lose. it seems when they win, people hang out a little longer, work off the buzz and sober up in the parking lot a little bit.

the guy who did this is 22. his life is going to be changed forever. this could have happened to about 80% of people who attend the game.

i'm not asking for the world to change. i'm just saying, here is a reminder that these things happen. take some precaution. and know that this will probably make the next game, (monday nighter) probably really closely watched by the police. Get a limo, get a friend who doesnt drink to drive, get a cab if you are going to drink. Your life could very well change if you don't.

You're rather calm and casual about this. This person committed murder before he started up that engine because he knew he was intoxicated to the point he couldn't walk straight. Not only was he putting HIMSELF in danger and not caring but he was doing so for others as well.

Billz_fan
11-04-2008, 01:58 AM
You're rather calm and casual about this. This person committed murder before he started up that engine because he knew he was intoxicated to the point he couldn't walk straight. Not only was he putting HIMSELF in danger and not caring but he was doing so for others as well.

He wasn't calm and casual in my eyes, He was straight forward and tried to give some good advice. I've been to alot of these games and other major sporting events, concerts etc. and he is correct. This could happen to sooo many people at every one of these events it's scary. The only way this gets better is by people being more responsible. I say better because it's never going to be fixed as long as achohol is served at these events. Law enforcement can help but they can't stop everything. It's simple math. they are way out numbered.

Anyone who drinks and drives knows the risk they are taking. If you drink and drive you can change your life and the lives of many forever. No one can claim ignorance anymore. Your gonna pay a heavy price.

Luisito23
11-04-2008, 02:41 AM
RIP Mr. Thomas Hajduk....I hope the idiot that killed him gets seriously fined, and thrown into jail for a looong time!

clumping platelets
11-04-2008, 03:29 AM
:(

HughC
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
This thread is too much of a downer.

Let's talk about this story instead.

Disturbance at Ralph (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/483432.html)

justasportsfan
11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Disturbance at Ralph (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/483432.html)

I can't blame them based on the way we played.

trapezeus
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
This thread is too much of a downer.

Let's talk about this story instead.

Do they let the couple "finish"? What is the procedure here?

trapezeus
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM

Just to clarify, i am staunchly anti-drinking and driving. But there is no point in getting on a high horse about this.

I just wanted to say that we can do something about it if we all just look at our actions. We don't need to stop drinking and live like the amish at these games, i'm just saying, "what has happened has happened in the case in the news. hopefully, we'll be able to self govern ourselves as fans better and not let this happen anytime soon."

dominizzo
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
WOw that is pretty jacked up...you have some great fans up THere in TORonto!

They need to STay away from the LAbatts! LOL!!

footballhottie
11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
This is the guy who did it his old myspace says.... I am a 20 year old college student at the University at Buffalo. I am currently a Communication major, media study minor, with hopes of joint majoring in International Business. http://a168.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_8fe87e4828cead73ba6a005fac92b4ef.jpg

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
So FBH, you gonna come to any games this year?

footballhottie
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe, Ive been really busy and I don't want to be around to much drinking or craziness right now so well see. Maybe if I get tickets in the family section.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
With the amount of drunk asses I see at the Bills game I am surprised that there aren't more of these stories every year.