PDA

View Full Version : First to last place.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Yep, could happen this weekend.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Yep, could happen this weekend.

And shockingly it's probably a good bet.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
we are not in first place.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Who does Miami and the Jets play? Im too lazy to look it up at work.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Who does Miami and the Jets play? Im too lazy to look it up at work.

Miami vs. Seattle and Rams vs. jets.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM
we are not in first place.

We were. Yes, I know that.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
beat you to it: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=164391

Dr. Lecter
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Sunday night this team could be in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th place.

What a hoot.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Sunday night this team could be in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th place.

What a hoot.

just imagine if we had won the last two- we'd have command of the division regardless of what happens on Sunday. Instead, we HAVE to win in Foxborough just to remain in the division hunt.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Call me crazy, but I honestly think the Jets are going to end up winning this division, and the Bills and Pats will be fighting it out for 1, or possibly even 2 wild card births. I dont think Miami is there quite yet, although their future looks great.

I think the Jets overall play the most consistent defense, especially when Harris is in the lineup, and I think that Favre will still have a few games where he really takes control and makes the big plays.

I'm not sold on NE at all with all the injuries, and if the Bills beat them on Sunday, I think they're in big trouble.

Then again, if we lose we're also in big trouble, especially if Indy and Baltimore keep winning--and if history is any indication Sunday we're in a world of trouble.

Pinkerton Security
11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
the title of this thread could also be 3rd to 1st.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
the title of this thread could also be 3rd to 1st.

but that would be naive. Did you see how the Bills played the last 2 weeks? Or for that matter, most of this season? What makes you think they can go into NE and beat the Pats?

Pinkerton Security
11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
but that would be naive. Did you see how the Bills played the last 2 weeks? Or for that matter, most of this season? What makes you think they can go into NE and beat the Pats?

The fact that I dont think the Pats are very good, really truly honestly dont see them as a real good team. Cassel throws quick passes and I think if we tweak our zone a bit to take away these short passes then we can neutralize them.

And you may say I am naive, but some would say that many on here now are just chicken-littles. Its all your personal preference of how to deal with drama.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
The fact that I dont think the Pats are very good, really truly honestly dont see them as a real good team. Cassel throws quick passes and I think if we tweak our zone a bit to take away these short passes then we can neutralize them.

And you may say I am naive, but some would say that many on here now are just chicken-littles. Its all your personal preference of how to deal with drama.
saying it and doing it are two different things. I think we KNOW what QBs are going to do us, and we're not able to stop it anyway. That's because I'm really dissapointed in how our LB's cover in zone and how our CB's continue to play off the ball far too often.

Wes Welker will MURDER us unless we pressure Cassell.

madness
11-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Naive would be believing that the Bills don't have a chance to beat the Pats. How many colossal upsets have there been or games that were close to the very end even though they shouldn't have been this year? How many teams have turned around poor starts? How many teams started hot then just plummeted? You honestly think these trends will just cease to stop the rest of the season?

Naive is believing a season is over after a 5-3 start or even a 3-5 start for that matter. Naive is also thinking you know the outcome before the game is even played. Everything is just a guess up to that point.

P.S. I'm guessing we lose to the Pats. :ill:

billogic99
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Call me crazy, but I honestly think the Jets are going to end up winning this division, and the Bills and Pats will be fighting it out for 1, or possibly even 2 wild card births. I dont think Miami is there quite yet, although their future looks great.

Are you serious? Look at who the Bills beat and look at who the Dolphins beat, look at what their QB is doing and look at what the Bills QB is doing. I think you're slightly bias about the Dolphins. Joey Porter has 11.5 sacks half way through the season who do we have that comes even close to that type of production, Mitchell with 2? Thier Oline protects Chad all day long ours doesn't. Their wins are agisnt teams with winning records ours against teams with losing records. You talk as if the Dolphins aren't on the Bills level. I think you're nuts if you think that. The things we want this Bills team to do the Dolphins are doing. They have +9 TO margin, we have a -5. I'm not sure what it is you're watchig but it aint the AFC east.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2008, 06:09 AM
beat you to it: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=164391

Beat you to it 11-02-08,7:05pm http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2720204#post2720204

I could be wrong. I had Miami losing to Denver.

Next week standings could look like this

NE 6-3 (Lose Colts, Win Bills)
Jets 6-3 (Win St. Louis)
Miami 5-4 (Win Seattle)
Bills 5-4 ( Lose NE)

Off by 1, close enough.

The Bills could go from 1st to last in 2 weeks.

Yours was 11-02-08, 8:55

I knew you stole it from me :snicker:

mybills
11-04-2008, 06:17 AM
This week - Miami beats Seattle and Rams beat jets Bills beat NE.

Miami will sweep NE.

end results...

1st) Miami
2nd) Bills-Jets
3rd) NE

Night Train
11-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Yup, the Republicans had their chance & blew it.

Oh wait, wrong forum.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2008, 07:26 AM
This week - Miami beats Seattle and Rams beat jets Bills beat NE.

Miami will sweep NE.

end results...

1st) Miami
2nd) Bills-Jets
3rd) NE

Are you talking end of the season or after this week? Because if the Bills win and Jets lose, the Bills are in 1st not Miami.

mybills
11-04-2008, 07:27 AM
end results=end of season.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Well, it's just pathetic if we lose this weekend and end up at 5-4 after starting 4-0.

THIS IS A MUST WIN OR YOU CAN PUT A FORK IN US.

billogic99
11-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I still think the Bills can win the division they just need to forget about the last two weeks and move on. I don't think anyone here thought the Bills were a 12-4 team to start with so it's not like we're betond what we expected. Just play the second hals of the season like it's a new season. I think we can beat anyone in the league, so I don't think it's beyond reasonable to believe we can be 4-4 or 5-3 the rest of the way. I think the division can be won with a 9-7 record and we;ve seen how quickly things can turn, the Bills are due, we'll get one back this weekend.

FlyingDutchman
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
what is the point of this thread

ServoBillieves
11-04-2008, 12:35 PM
what is the point of this thread

I'm seeing it as if we lose this weekend and win out, you can still put a fork in us because we're done at 12-4 since this is a must win.

billogic99
11-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm seeing it as if we lose this weekend and win out, you can still put a fork in us because we're done at 12-4 since this is a must win.

So you think we could lose another division game and still win out the rest of the year? I think winning out would be beyond possible. Winning next week is very important. You can't go down three games in the division and hope to make them all up in the end. Teams usually get better as the season goes on, not worse. The Bills will really put themselves behind the eight ball if they lose this weekend.

dominizzo
11-04-2008, 01:35 PM
After this week the Bills will definitely be in last place:

Pats 6-3
Jets 6-3
Fins 5-4
Bills 5-4

Time to separate the PRetenders from DA conTEnders!

madness
11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
After this week the Bills will definitely be in last place:

Pats 6-3
Jets 6-3
Fins 5-4
Bills 5-4

Time to separate the PRetenders from DA conTEnders!

Okay fortune teller. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Okay fortune teller. :rolleyes:

$10,000 zonebucks he's right.

Pinkerton Security
11-04-2008, 01:49 PM

you're agreeing with that POS? jeez guys, i understand being a realist is just so important but come on. have some morals, and stay away from the sharp utensils.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
you're agreeing with that POS? jeez guys, i understand being a realist is just so important but come on. have some morals, and stay away from the sharp utensils.

The guy is a tool but it's hard to see that not happening.

The Bills have looked like crap and being banged up and going on the road against a team that we haven't beat since 2003?!

Sorry, but he just posted the win, loss.

madness
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM

$10,000 zb's says its just a guess no matter how likely it is to happen. :tongue:

$10,000 zb's says the sun will rise tomorrow.