• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills lack of depth is starting to really hurt them

I think at the half-way point of the season, the Bills’ lack of depth is really starting to show. Several guys have come off the bench in cases of injury, and I can’t think of one single position where the backup has provided play even close to on par with the starter.

Cases in point.
    Jason Whittle has subbed for an injured Brad Butler and has been abused two straight games.

James Hardy did absolutely nothing in place of Josh Reed.

Leodis McKelvin gave up two touchdowns at San Diego in place of Terrence McGee (and Youboty)

Ryan Denney has started three games in place of Aaron Schobel, and although he’s had an occasional pressure, he’s had zero sacks and made not one single “big” play.

Duke Preston has probably been the best off the bench in place of an “injured” Melvin Fowler (who I think is fine and just being benched), but he was as owned as a center could be by Kris Jenkins all day against the Jets.

Corey McIntyre was signed after Darian Barnes was injured and then cut. He’s been totally useless and his missed block on Reevis’ blitz led to a fumble and three points.

JP Losman only had one game, and to his credit he didn’t have much preparations that week, but he played anything but great against Arizona (4 team turnovers, 5 sacks) when he got his chance to play when Edwards went down.

Bottom line. .I thought this team had a lot better depth than this. Each and every time a depth guy has came in with a starter injured, the play has dropped off horribly. That is from lack of depth.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bills lack of depth is starting to really hurt them

Ok.. apparently I'm wrong.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Re: Bills lack of depth is starting to really hurt them

They haven't addressed depth on this team in years...why would you think they'd be OK?

Comment

Working...
      X