PDA

View Full Version : Bills lack of depth is starting to really hurt them

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I think at the half-way point of the season, the Bills’ lack of depth is really starting to show. Several guys have come off the bench in cases of injury, and I can’t think of one single position where the backup has provided play even close to on par with the starter.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Cases in point.<o:p></o:p>
Jason Whittle has subbed for an injured Brad Butler and has been abused two straight games.<o:p></o:p>
James Hardy did absolutely nothing in place of Josh Reed.<o:p></o:p>
Leodis McKelvin gave up two touchdowns at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> in place of Terrence McGee (and Youboty)<o:p></o:p>
Ryan Denney has started three games in place of Aaron Schobel, and although he’s had an occasional pressure, he’s had zero sacks and made not one single “big” play.<o:p></o:p>
Duke Preston has probably been the best off the bench in place of an “injured” Melvin Fowler (who I think is fine and just being benched), but he was as owned as a center could be by Kris Jenkins all day against the Jets.<o:p></o:p>
Corey McIntyre was signed after Darian Barnes was injured and then cut. He’s been totally useless and his missed block on Reevis’ blitz led to a fumble and three points. <o:p></o:p>
JP Losman only had one game, and to his credit he didn’t have much preparations that week, but he played anything but great against <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arizona</st1:place></st1:State> (4 team turnovers, 5 sacks) when he got his chance to play when Edwards went down.<o:p></o:p>
Bottom line. .I thought this team had a lot better depth than this. Each and every time a depth guy has came in with a starter injured, the play has dropped off horribly. That is from lack of depth.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Ok.. apparently I'm wrong.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 05:50 PM
They haven't addressed depth on this team in years...why would you think they'd be OK?