PDA

View Full Version : Can i get more people on the Jabari Greer bandwagon

Marvelous
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
It's time for him to be our #1 CB.. He is pure shutdown & he has shown that he can INT any pass that is catchable. Unlike WInfield & Clements we're..

-McGee has been picked on the last two weeks in a Chris Watson level.. And if you don't know hwo Watcon is then you're young.. Greer shoulda been promoted to #1 after his monday night performance against the Cowboys last season IMO...

--So esp with McGee banged up..Even a healthy McGee is not better then Greer...
--The only reason i say 'I" in the thread is because i've been very pro Greer THIS/THAT ever since monday night last year....

--A shake-up in the sceondary, mainly the CB's is due..I saw McKelvin really make a sloppy attempt at a tackle. A play on the right side(McGee's side) where Leodis had poor angling & wasn't even close to achieving the tackle or slowing him.
---And Terrence McGee we all know is not only hobbled by injury, but he is not an elite CB even at his best..Not that he's not important to the team, and i don't like him. But he should be returning kickoffs & should be our #2 or even slot if McKelvin progresses....

--But to me it's freakin OBVIOUS that Jabari Greer should be covering teams #1 WR...

--I'd like to see the Zone all agree on this...
So,,,,,thoughts?

Don't Panic
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Greer has played like our best CB... no doubt about that. Its a pretty mixed bunch these days with McGee playing (and looking) not 100% and Leodis not quite ready for prime time. Not to mention Youboty re-emerging (hopefully). I still say a better pass rush from the D Line makes any of these guys look good. But the point that Greer has looked good even without a pass rush is definitely worth noting.

yordad
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
McGee has been banged up. I think they are both good, when healthy, but no one looks good when we can't create pressure.

MarshawnLynch23
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Hes solid

Philagape
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I've always been on the Greer bandwagon. He doesn't have McGee's speed, but he's better at being in the right place at the right time.

christhebillsfan783
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I LOVE JABARI!!! Lock that man up now! He is a sold coverage man and can make some decent tackles. I've always loved watching this guy play. Seriously, he is a better overall corner then terrence.

eyedog
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Greer = free agent.

Another reason you don't waste premium picks on d-backs. They can be found, and unless your name is Deoin Sanders, it's all about the pass rush.

bigbub2352
11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I think right now he is the only player on this team that is playing ball, He needs to be re-signed first, Leodis is not ready everyone know i dont like him but can agree that he is far behind schedule to say the least

Greer comes up and plays the run, blankets WRs with his speed(4.3) and is 5ft 11 and has the jumping ability to stay with the stilt WRs

Dont need another whole, acording to Bills Digest there has been talks and he over emphasized he wanted to stay here and calls it his second home

Sign him up pronto

eyedog
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Actually how the heck didn't Greer at least get drafted ? What was the problem ? He is tall, good speed, tough, played at a bigtime school, ??????

psubills62
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I like Greer. But is it just me, or is he usually put on the opponent's top WR anyway? I thought usually the procedure is to use your #1 CB to cover their #2 WR one-on-one, but use your #2 CB to cover their #1 WR with help over the top from the safety. Because Greer was covering TO and Chad Johnson, etc. last year as the #2.

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Read my postgame review.

gr8slayer has been trying to convince me all year that Greer is the best CB on this team. I'm finally sold. He's a better cover man than McGee at this point, injury or not.

thenry20
11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
It's time for him to be our #1 CB.. He is pure shutdown & he has shown that he can INT any pass that is catchable. Unlike WInfield & Clements we're..

-McGee has been picked on the last two weeks in a Chris Watson level.. And if you don't know hwo Watcon is then you're young.. Greer shoulda been promoted to #1 after his monday night performance against the Cowboys last season IMO...

--So esp with McGee banged up..Even a healthy McGee is not better then Greer...
--The only reason i say 'I" in the thread is because i've been very pro Greer THIS/THAT ever since monday night last year....

--A shake-up in the sceondary, mainly the CB's is due..I saw McKelvin really make a sloppy attempt at a tackle. A play on the right side(McGee's side) where Leodis had poor angling & wasn't even close to achieving the tackle or slowing him.
---And Terrence McGee we all know is not only hobbled by injury, but he is not an elite CB even at his best..Not that he's not important to the team, and i don't like him. But he should be returning kickoffs & should be our #2 or even slot if McKelvin progresses....

--But to me it's freakin OBVIOUS that Jabari Greer should be covering teams #1 WR...

--I'd like to see the Zone all agree on this...
So,,,,,thoughts?

I already liked him more than most Bills fans on these boards and we would like to see him re-signed but not at the expense of letting Youboty (I'm hoping this kid is for real) go. I just thought it was hilarious to read posts that McKelvin should be inserted in the starting lineup opposite McGee before camp even opened. Once I realized he wouldn't be extended at the end of last year, I knew he'd be a free agent after this season. I think management knew this as well with the drafting of Leodis.

ryjam282
11-04-2008, 05:08 AM
If you check some of my posts from a few years ago, when he wasn't starting yet, you'll see that I've been on the Greer bandwagon for a looooonnnngggg time. He should be our #1. The guy just produces every time out there. I love him.

Night Train
11-04-2008, 05:16 AM
The Bills were too busy the last couple of years handing out some bad contracts to Kelsay,Butler & Schobel.

Now Greer, who can actually earn his, is probably left out in the cold.

mybills
11-04-2008, 06:30 AM

I'd like to see him return kicks again..even though McKelvin is getting to the 30+ yard line every time. (That's an improvement from getting stuffed at the 10 or under like the beginning of the year.) TMac has a better eye for finding a path to break out and return it for a TD.

As for Greer..he's great. He was also 100% healthy.

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2008, 06:42 AM
I thought McGee did a good job yesterday in coverage. :idunno:

mybills
11-04-2008, 07:09 AM
He did. But it wasn't yesterday. :;

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I'll take a healthy McGee. It was an easy pick. He's the Schobel of the secondary.

Marvelous
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I used to posty with this dude who was a Tenn Ulum, and he went to school with Greer etc and said he wasn't used properly & most wwerent aware he had talent/skills...

--HE'S A FREE AGENT?? WTF! That's just great....Well Get er done Russ...It is rediculous to wait till the offseason because Greer is on pace for a probowl or close to type season.. That really jacks up the price..

---Guys,, Greer is playing at a higher level then a healthy McGee..He reminds me of Winfields best season. I believe it was Antwain Winfields 2nd to last season here where he was hardly thrown to...[/B]Greer is RARELY thrown to..[B] I bet Gree is right up there with leading the league in least amount of thrown-to...Atleast right there with Osumungiwila<<lol,...The Raiders awesome CB..

----This is great news that soo many are in agreement about Jabari Greer..

---Leodis will take alot of time...Similar to Nate Clements...So maybe we get lucky and Leodis is awesome as early as next season...But season 3 elite status is NORMAL..
---IT'S NORMAL FOR ROOKIE CB'S,,EVEN HIGH DRAFTED PEDIGREE,,TO BE MEDIOCRE TILL THEY'RE 3RD SEASON ...Patience...

Tiburon1724
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I have to agree, he shut T.O. down in the Dallas game last year and has definite potential.

yordad
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Actually how the heck didn't Greer at least get drafted ? What was the problem ? He is tall, good speed, tough, played at a bigtime school, ??????He isn't tall, and he is an ex-track star.

Marvelous
11-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I have to agree, he shut T.O. down in the Dallas game last year and has definite potential.
YUP..That's when i was changing my thinking to "This kid could be a STAR...
---Same with George Wilson...

---I realize that the problem is our beloved Head Coach.. As i huge Jauran fan i admit i'm hating PLAYERS COACHES. McGee was & is obviously not worthy at the moment to be our #1..

--Me Lobbying for Jabari Greer is more on me just wanting McGee outta the #1 spot...Even Youboty or Greer woulda been fine....And if we threw McKelvin to the wolves and let him start in the #1 spot we would be killed but i know DMN WELL that Leodis would be ready to ball next season....

--For teh record---I love McGee & more then anything i'm loyal to our players who have been here for more then their rookie contracts...I love Josh Reed, Kelsay Denney..Well Ryan Denney too is on my *** list at the moment..But you get the picture...I have loyalty to players BUT i DO-NOT need them to start..And McGee needs to be handled..

-----Anyone have stats from the Jets/Favre game?? How many times McGee was thrown to
--How many catches & yards his WR had
--How many MIssed tackles.

--I and Zoners would appreciate Anyone who gets these stats.....

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I love Greer. He is one of the few CBs that we have who doesn't play scared. He is our best playmaker in the defensive backfield.

Oaf
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I've been pushing for this guy since we had Rashad Baker.

I started this bandwagon. :bandwagon

Marvelous
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I've been pushing for this guy since we had Rashad Baker.

I started this bandwagon. :bandwagon
Awesome..Maybe you did,,but i more/~/less included him in my homer,2nd contract :bandwagon:

--I love players that WE-DRAFT, who get their 2nd contract. That loyalty is the closest thing to Before Free Agency destroyed player loyalty to fans...

--So Greer was #1 in a list that included KLelsay,Reed,George Wilson, Josh Reed. Preston, Kyle William, ESP No-neck #95 Kyle WIlliams... These players are not elite(Greer is now. FACT!), But they are worthy to start & get hated on by MANY of the fanbase, mainly the ONLINE FANBASE BECAUSE they arent' Sportscenter,PRIMETIME, and ESPECIALLY PROBOWLS! Phil Hansen, Henry Jones,John Fina,,Jerrry Ostroski, Nate Odems, Don Beebe ETC ETC ETC... They are important to team.. And when they get 2nd & 3rd contract i am all for that.. It means we got their WHOLE career with us and they're legacy is guaranteed when looking back....

eyedog
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
He isn't tall, and he is an ex-track star.

Isn't tall ? For a cb he is. 5'11' is as tall as any other cb on the roster.

Where do you come up with this bs ?

mybills
11-05-2008, 05:15 PM
--Me Lobbying for Jabari Greer is more on me just wanting McGee outta the #1 spot
I can tell.

Oaf
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Stories like that of Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Jabari Greer make them my favorite players. And it isn't any coincidence that each of those 3 were UDFAs and one of them was out of football completely. If next year there is a Greer jersey available and provided he signs a new contract, I will be first in line.

BTW, I got Wilson to point and wave at me when he was leaving the tunnel because I started yelling CAPTAIN. That was great.

Oaf
11-06-2008, 02:37 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c23806