X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Can i get more people on the Jabari Greer bandwagon

It's time for him to be our #1 CB.. He is pure shutdown & he has shown that he can INT any pass that is catchable. Unlike WInfield & Clements we're..

-McGee has been picked on the last two weeks in a Chris Watson level.. And if you don't know hwo Watcon is then you're young.. Greer shoulda been promoted to #1 after his monday night performance against the Cowboys last season IMO...

--So esp with McGee banged up..Even a healthy McGee is not better then Greer...
    --The only reason i say 'I" in the thread is because i've been very pro Greer THIS/THAT ever since monday night last year....

--A shake-up in the sceondary, mainly the CB's is due..I saw McKelvin really make a sloppy attempt at a tackle. A play on the right side(McGee's side) where Leodis had poor angling & wasn't even close to achieving the tackle or slowing him.
    ---And Terrence McGee we all know is not only hobbled by injury, but he is not an elite CB even at his best..Not that he's not important to the team, and i don't like him. But he should be returning kickoffs & should be our #2 or even slot if McKelvin progresses....

--But to me it's freakin OBVIOUS that Jabari Greer should be covering teams #1 WR...

--I'd like to see the Zone all agree on this...
    So,,,,,thoughts?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Can i get more people on the Jabari Greer bandwagon

Greer has played like our best CB... no doubt about that. Its a pretty mixed bunch these days with McGee playing (and looking) not 100% and Leodis not quite ready for prime time. Not to mention Youboty re-emerging (hopefully). I still say a better pass rush from the D Line makes any of these guys look good. But the point that Greer has looked good even without a pass rush is definitely worth noting.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

McGee has been banged up. I think they are both good, when healthy, but no one looks good when we can't create pressure.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• MarshawnLynch23
        • Oct 2008

Hes solid
        :historian: LETS GO BUFFALO :historian:

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

I've always been on the Greer bandwagon. He doesn't have McGee's speed, but he's better at being in the right place at the right time.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• christhebillsfan783
            • Mar 2005

I LOVE JABARI!!! Lock that man up now! He is a sold coverage man and can make some decent tackles. I've always loved watching this guy play. Seriously, he is a better overall corner then terrence.

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

Greer = free agent.

Another reason you don't waste premium picks on d-backs. They can be found, and unless your name is Deoin Sanders, it's all about the pass rush.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I think right now he is the only player on this team that is playing ball, He needs to be re-signed first, Leodis is not ready everyone know i dont like him but can agree that he is far behind schedule to say the least

Greer comes up and plays the run, blankets WRs with his speed(4.3) and is 5ft 11 and has the jumping ability to stay with the stilt WRs

Dont need another whole, acording to Bills Digest there has been talks and he over emphasized he wanted to stay here and calls it his second home

Sign him up pronto
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

Actually how the heck didn't Greer at least get drafted ? What was the problem ? He is tall, good speed, tough, played at a bigtime school, ??????

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

I like Greer. But is it just me, or is he usually put on the opponent's top WR anyway? I thought usually the procedure is to use your #1 CB to cover their #2 WR one-on-one, but use your #2 CB to cover their #1 WR with help over the top from the safety. Because Greer was covering TO and Chad Johnson, etc. last year as the #2.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Read my postgame review.

gr8slayer has been trying to convince me all year that Greer is the best CB on this team. I'm finally sold. He's a better cover man than McGee at this point, injury or not.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• thenry20
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Marvelous
                        It's time for him to be our #1 CB.. He is pure shutdown & he has shown that he can INT any pass that is catchable. Unlike WInfield & Clements we're..

-McGee has been picked on the last two weeks in a Chris Watson level.. And if you don't know hwo Watcon is then you're young.. Greer shoulda been promoted to #1 after his monday night performance against the Cowboys last season IMO...

--So esp with McGee banged up..Even a healthy McGee is not better then Greer...
                        --The only reason i say 'I" in the thread is because i've been very pro Greer THIS/THAT ever since monday night last year....

--A shake-up in the sceondary, mainly the CB's is due..I saw McKelvin really make a sloppy attempt at a tackle. A play on the right side(McGee's side) where Leodis had poor angling & wasn't even close to achieving the tackle or slowing him.
                        ---And Terrence McGee we all know is not only hobbled by injury, but he is not an elite CB even at his best..Not that he's not important to the team, and i don't like him. But he should be returning kickoffs & should be our #2 or even slot if McKelvin progresses....

--But to me it's freakin OBVIOUS that Jabari Greer should be covering teams #1 WR...

--I'd like to see the Zone all agree on this...
                        So,,,,,thoughts?
                        I already liked him more than most Bills fans on these boards and we would like to see him re-signed but not at the expense of letting Youboty (I'm hoping this kid is for real) go. I just thought it was hilarious to read posts that McKelvin should be inserted in the starting lineup opposite McGee before camp even opened. Once I realized he wouldn't be extended at the end of last year, I knew he'd be a free agent after this season. I think management knew this as well with the drafting of Leodis.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

If you check some of my posts from a few years ago, when he wasn't starting yet, you'll see that I've been on the Greer bandwagon for a looooonnnngggg time. He should be our #1. The guy just produces every time out there. I love him.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

The Bills were too busy the last couple of years handing out some bad contracts to Kelsay,Butler & Schobel.

Now Greer, who can actually earn his, is probably left out in the cold.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marvelous

I'd like to see him return kicks again..even though McKelvin is getting to the 30+ yard line every time. (That's an improvement from getting stuffed at the 10 or under like the beginning of the year.) TMac has a better eye for finding a path to break out and return it for a TD.

As for Greer..he's great. He was also 100% healthy.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X