PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn will start vs. Bills on MNF in 2 weeks

Coach Sal
11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Quinn has been named the starter in Cleveland, replacing Derek Anderson.

He'll start this Thursday at home vs. Denver.

Then in Buffalo on Monday Night Football.

Coach Sal
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM
This makes Sunday's loss even more frustrating for me.

But the upside is.....win at New England, then get a rookie QB in his 2nd start (first ROAD start ever) in a totally hostile Ralph.

That would be a great scenario.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Good.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
What I DONT like about the Cleveland game though is they play this Thursday and will have 10 days to heal up and prepare for us.

LtFinFan66
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Quinn has been named the starter in Cleveland, replacing Derek Anderson.

He'll start this Thursday at home vs. Denver.

Then in Buffalo on Monday Night Football.He'll start next week but that doesn't mean he will start against the Bills

1) he may die next week
2) he may suck worse than Anderson next week

LtFinFan66
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Glad to see you were wrong with your Fin pick yesterday Sal:up:

Forward_Lateral
11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Can he possibly be worse than Anderson has been? I don't know. I know Derrick's recievers aren't helping him out much with all the drops, but his decision making is down right horrible.

RockStar36
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
This has been weeks in the making. I don't think the hostile Ralph environment will have that much affect on him. It's not like he came from a small college or anything.

DraftBoy
11-03-2008, 07:52 PM
If there is one thing Brady can do, its locate his top WR. I imagine Braylon Edwards could be a huge benefactor of this change. Brady also throws a nice deep ball if Whitner is still out, that could spell disaster.

Bling
11-03-2008, 07:58 PM
The hostile Ralph? :rofl: I don't think it's hostile, and I think Brady Quinn can handle it travelling to places like Michigan and stuff...

hydro
11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
The hostile Ralph? :rofl: I don't think it's hostile, and I think Brady Quinn can handle it travelling to places like Michigan and stuff...
You obviously didn't get a gist of what was going on last year at the MNF game it was insane the whole game. Hostile as in bodily harm to Quinn, well of course not. But it sure as hell will be nice and loud which can only make things more difficult for a QB that could be making his SECOND start of his NFL career.

Bling
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
You obviously didn't get a gist of what was going on last year at the MNF game it was insane the whole game. Hostile as in bodily harm to Quinn, well of course not. But it sure as hell will be nice and loud which can only make things more difficult for a QB that could be making his SECOND start of his NFL career.

hydro, come on dude, you guys don't get loud. College teams get loud. Pittsburgh gets loud. Philadelphia gets mean. Buffalo is loud compared to Miami, but still, it's nothing huge. It will be a walk in the park for Quinn at least.

Night Train
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
If there is one thing Brady can do, its locate his top WR. I imagine Braylon Edwards could be a huge benefactor of this change. Brady also throws a nice deep ball if Whitner is still out, that could spell disaster.

It's 50/50 whether Edwards can even catch the ball.

In case you missed it, he's getting boo'd out of his jock in Cleveland,leading the NFL with 16 dropped passes.

hydro
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
hydro, come on dude, you guys don't get loud. College teams get loud. Pittsburgh gets loud. Philadelphia gets mean. Buffalo is loud compared to Miami, but still, it's nothing huge. It will be a walk in the park for Quinn at least.

:rofl: Walk in the park. I am not saying he hasn't been in a loud stadium. But I am sure the first start he had in college at an away game wasn't exactly comfortable.

And what stadium experience do you have? FSU games and Miami? Have you been to Buffalo? I have been to the Ralph. Neither of us have any clue as to what Pittsburgh and Philly are like. All I do know is that the 12th man in Buffalo has been mentioned with the best of teams in the league for crowd noise.

DraftBoy
11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
It's 50/50 whether Edwards can even catch the ball.

In case you missed it, he's getting boo'd out of his jock in Cleveland,leading the NFL with 16 dropped passes.

Wait and see, thats all Im saying...

psubills62
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Edwards has had plenty of chances. He's got around 15 drops on the season already. He's like Robert Royal, except he can't even hold onto the ball to fumble it.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good receiver when he's on, but he's terrible when he's not. I seriously doubt a switch to Brady Quinn will change much.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
This makes Sunday's loss even more frustrating for me.

But the upside is.....win at New England, then get a rookie QB in his 2nd start (first ROAD start ever) in a totally hostile Ralph.

That would be a great scenario.

They need to win this weekend or the season will be resting on an edge of a cliff, waiting to fall off.