• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A few post-game comments....

-I thought Rivet would help but I never thought he would make such a huge difference. This is a different team with him and Gaustad on the ice.

-GREAT PK. Too many stupid penalties, but fortunately the defense was good enough to win.

-NJ was just sloppy. I think they were offsides at least once on every single PP.

-Weekes had a hell of a game. This game would have been over in the first without him (congrats to me for making the most obvious observation ever).

-Is it just me, or is Kotalik playing some damn good hockey? I'd like to see him use his size more but he's stepped up his game.

-Mair isn't just a brawler, but he never seems to finish plays. He'll make a nice move to get open then miss the puck, his lead pass will be just a little too far, etc. He must lead the league in "almosts."

-Vanek came alive in the 3rd but didn't generate much O until then.

-Max is still Max.

-VS sucks. The cameraman was nowhere near the play several times, and at the start of the 3rd period, they started having picture issues immediately AFTER the "This game available in stunning HD!" on-air read. And Keith Jones has no idea what the hell he's talking about. I swear he just reads the headlines on NHL.com 10 minutes before going on air, and sometimes he forgets to hit "Refresh" so they're 2 days old.

-back to back shutouts and 1st place in the division! Woo-Hoo! I know it's too early to get too excited, but so far, so good.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: A few post-game comments....

I can't disagree on any of those points.

The penalty on Max was BS. He had a stick across both legs.

Mair is what he is - a borderline 3rd or 4th liner with bad hands.

Kaleta has looked more like a hockey player the last two games.

Spacek is playing well too. He will probably be gone after this season though.
    Good observation about Weekes. I don't think anybody else here had noticed.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      I can't disagree on any of those points.

The penalty on Max was BS. He had a stick across both legs.

Mair is what he is - a borderline 3rd or 4th liner with bad hands.

Kaleta has looked more like a hockey player the last two games.

Spacek is playing well too. He will probably be gone after this season though.
      Good observation about Weekes. I don't think anybody else here had noticed.
      yeah I forgot about the penalty to Max. I was going to say the same thing- the diving call was BS. He got his legs cut out from under him. I'd really like to know what the refs expected him to do to avoid the diving call.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I do understand why sometimes both penalties are called - a trip/hook and clear dramatic fall.

But in this case, he had nothing on the ice to stay upright.

I guess we can't expect NHL refs to have a perfect game.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• rbochan
          Zamboni Driver
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
          yeah I forgot about the penalty to Max. I was going to say the same thing- the diving call was BS. He got his legs cut out from under him. I'd really like to know what the refs expected him to do to avoid the diving call.
          I honestly think that was a penalty only because the refs were trying to even things out. It's one of the things that disgusts me about the NHL.
          REFS SHOULD NOT BE CHANGING THE OUTCOME OF A ****ING GAME.
          ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
          it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Weekes had a hell of a game. We used to own him before. They should have been going upstairs on him more, he is very good down low and side to side. Buffalo went into cruise control after the first part of the second and was never able to recover. They need to learn how to play a full game. They are lucky to have won this game.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
            X