PDA

View Full Version : Class of 08 Draft Little help for Bills Jerry Sullivan column:

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/483528.html

I gotta say i have argued with many on here about this draft class and i personaly think Jerry is spot on in this article

Our draft picks have been non exsistent especially at positions of need right now at CB, DE, and WR, i hope these guys pick it up a bit
cause right now they are all looking pretty ****ty

psubills62
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree that our rookies need to contribute more. That being said, there's a huge difference between the Pats starting their rookies and the Bills starting theirs. The Pats needed guys to start right away - their LB's were old and their secondary was lacking in any sort of talent. The Bills, however, had two entrenched starters ahead of McKelvin, and and underrated receiver in Reed ahead of Hardy.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree that our rookies need to contribute more. That being said, there's a huge difference between the Pats starting their rookies and the Bills starting theirs. The Pats needed guys to start right away - their LB's were old and their secondary was lacking in any sort of talent. The Bills, however, had two entrenched starters ahead of McKelvin, and and underrated receiver in Reed ahead of Hardy.

I think Hardy is being misused to be honest, but Ledois looks terrible out there

also for the rest of the class just havent seen enough of them

psubills62
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
It seems to me that one of the problems with Edwards is that he doesn't throw to a guy unless he's really comfortable with him. Last year he didn't throw to Evans much, but he does now that he's very comfortable with him. He's comfortable with Reed. But Parrish hasn't seen too many targets this year either. So I think part of it might be Hardy's inability to adjust, but part of it is probably that Edwards isn't quite used to throwing to Hardy yet.

McKelvin has had his moments, I don't think he's looked that terrible on the field, but he hasn't been great. A lot of rookie CB's are seeing playing time, but I don't know of any that have looked all that good so far. I've seen almost every single one of them get beat a few times.

I would like to see more of the others, too. Especially Fine.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
It seems to me that one of the problems with Edwards is that he doesn't throw to a guy unless he's really comfortable with him. Last year he didn't throw to Evans much, but he does now that he's very comfortable with him. He's comfortable with Reed. But Parrish hasn't seen too many targets this year either. So I think part of it might be Hardy's inability to adjust, but part of it is probably that Edwards isn't quite used to throwing to Hardy yet.

McKelvin has had his moments, I don't think he's looked that terrible on the field, but he hasn't been great. A lot of rookie CB's are seeing playing time, but I don't know of any that have looked all that good so far. I've seen almost every single one of them get beat a few times.

I would like to see more of the others, too. Especially Fine.

McKelvin is having trouble getting the Defense, which is shocking for someone drafted as high as he was i wonder what his wonderlic test was, cause he dont sound to bright especially for someone ranked the best CB in the country prior to draft

Hardy is not getting open nor is Parrish, same struggles that have plagued our WRs in the past, we dont go vertical enough or attack the middle of the feild enough

edwards is waiting to long to make a play and some veiw it has him holding on to the ball to long, i see it as he is trying to make a play and has shody protection and is waiting for someone other than Evans to get open
Hurts not haivng asolid TE

raphael120
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Who have we gotten from any of the past 3 drafts who has been a huge impact?

Edwards? Maybe.
Lynch? Not behind this line.
Poz? He has a good play every 2 games. Nowhere near the impact player we need him to be.
Whitner? His mouth has made bigger impacts.
Youboty? He can't stay healthy to save his life.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 11:28 AM

Edwards? Maybe.
Poz? He has a good play every 2 games. Nowhere near the impact player we need him to be.

I couldnt agree more, Poz is not living up to the hype, but that mite be cause our Dline makes no plays at all
We have to stop taking defensive backs every time we got a top 15 pick, and get some impact O-D Lineman in here

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
The Bills are not that good.

Poz and Whitner are only as good as the team they play on. They are not game changers.

This is why Trent Edwards is so relied upon.

Jan Reimers
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM

Edwards? Maybe.
Maybe not huge impact guys, either, but Simpson, Ellison, K. Williams, Butler, Schouman and Wendling are all decent starters or reserves from the 2 classes before this one. The only big time bust seems to be McCargo.

As for the 2008 class, it's way too early to write off McKelvin, Hardy, Fine, Corner, Bowen, Oman, Bell or S. Johnson. Cox is gone, and Ellis looks shakey.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Maybe not huge impact guys, either, but Simpson, Ellison, K. Williams, Butler, Schouman and Wendling are all decent starters or reserves from the 2 classes before this one. The only big time bust seems to be McCargo.

As for the 2008 class, it's way too early to write off McKelvin, Hardy, Fine, Corner, Bowen, Oman, Bell or S. Johnson. Cox is gone, and Ellis looks shakey.

I would like to see Wendling get some playing time now that Whitner is out for awhile, i think he is very athletic and smart and plays the line of scrimmage like a LBer
He was a great pick in the 6th rd

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Am I the only one that notices that Edwards doesnt even look at Hardy?

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Edwards? Maybe.

Edwards is a top 10 QB, Pos is leading our team in tackles, Whitner is great and made the all nfl team in the half way point, Youboty has been the best DB for our team.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Am I the only one that notices that Edwards doesnt even look at Hardy?
I agree, and when i was in the game in Maimi it was because Hardy takes way to to get into his route
He is also being misused, they dont give him slant routes, and try to put it up to him not in the endzone or fomr 40yds out, they never use him on 3rd down like a possesion WR should be used

X-Era
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/483528.html

I gotta say i have argued with many on here about this draft class and i personaly think Jerry is spot on in this article

Our draft picks have been non exsistent especially at positions of need right now at CB, DE, and WR, i hope these guys pick it up a bit
cause right now they are all looking pretty ****ty

Is there an echo?

baalworship
11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Brandon Albert would look good right now in a Bills uniform. I agreed in principle with the Hardy pick and the Ellis pick.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Is there an echo?

ummmm.....

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Brandon Albert would look good right now in a Bills uniform. I agreed in principle with the Hardy pick and the Ellis pick.

I would have liked a TE in the 3rd round, hopefully Fine can build on his one game