Pinkerton Security
11-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Agree with all but Barnes and Spencer Johnson

Barnes was a wrecking ball as a blocker, and Johnson has been good depth-wise

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Agree with all but Barnes and Spencer Johnson

Barnes was a wrecking ball as a blocker, and Johnson has been good depth-wise

Barnes was missing blocks left and right inbetween the tackles, How has Johnson been good depth?
What has he done besides help give up long sustaining drives to the opponents?
Maybe he is better suited to play DE
i am sick of the DTs we got besides Stroud and i guess Williams, the rest are undersized, we need space eaters to stop the run, look at Jenkins

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Barnes was missing blocks left and right inbetween the tackles, How has Johnson been good depth?
What has he done besides help give up long sustaining drives to the opponents?
Maybe he is better suited to play DE
i am sick of the DTs we got besides Stroud and i guess Williams who are undersized, we need space eaters to stop the run, look at Jenkins
Do you lack a functioning brain? Stroud undersized?

hydro
11-04-2008, 10:22 AM

I am guessing that was supposed to be "is" not "are"

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM

i am giving the benefit of the doubt in assuming that he means he is sick of all the other dts who are undersized, which he does not include stroud and williams.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:30 AM

i am sorry i guess u dont understand besides stroud and williams i am sick of the undersized DTs we try to plug in every year

and Stroud hasnt been anything close to his billing, nor has Williams i guess ur functioning brain likes the way our D has been playing

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
i am giving the benefit of the doubt in assuming that he means he is sick of all the other dts who are undersized, which he does not include stroud and williams.
Good Job:clap:

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM

i fixed it for you do u feel better?
actually technically Williams is undersized

billsburgh
11-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought this cover 2 D was designed to have smaller, quicker DTs who are supposed to penetrate and cause havoc in the backfield. In theory at least.

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
i fixed it for you do u feel better?
actually technically Williams is undersized
Not for the Cover 2 defense he's not and even if he is "undersized" (which he is not) he's been one of the few bright spots on that defense this season.

raphael120
11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
This cover 2 D sucks balls. I want a Steelers D.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Not for the Cover 2 defense he's not and even if he is "undersized" (which he is not) he's been one of the few bright spots on that defense this season.

6ft 1 and barely 300lbs is undersized, i dotn care about the Cover 2 Scheme that Fewell has failed to install here, Williams has played ok, he makes a play ever 2-3 games just like Stroud has so far

just saying we are not getting any production nor have we in the last 3 yrs under fewell our Dline is overatted over paid and has no push or pass rush

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
6ft 1 and barely 300lbs is undersized, i dotn care about the Cover 2 Scheme that Fewell has failed to install here, Williams has played ok, he makes a play ever 2-3 games just like Stroud has so far

just saying we are not getting any production nor have we in the last 3 yrs under fewell our Dline is overatted over paid and has no push or pass rush
No, it's not undersized for a Cover 2 defense. The greatest defensive lineman in Cover 2 history (Warren Sapp) was 300 pounds in his prime. Your theory about the DL being undersized is simply not true.

Attack their production, sure, but this is not the kind of defense that requires 340 pound DL. It is a defense predicated on quickness and explosion off the line to destroy gaps.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
No, it's not undersized for a Cover 2 defense. The greatest defensive lineman in Cover 2 history (Warren Sapp) was 300 pounds in his prime. Your theory about the DL being undersized is simply not true.

Attack their production, sure, but this is not the kind of defense that requires 340 pound DL. It is a defense predicated on quickness and explosion off the line to destroy gaps.

I guess if we had Warren Sapp, Booger McFarland, we would be ok, but we have a very unexplozive slow DT instead, Stroud is getting double teamed all day, maybe we can agree that Fewell needs to switch the D up cause maybe we dont and never did have the athletes to play this Cover 2 Scheme

We are hurting bad on the Dline, does the Cover 2 also require very unathletic and unexplosive DEs as well, cause Denney and Kelsay sure fit that mode

Cover 2 is suppossed to be an attacking and blitzing D, whati have seen is 5 yard splits by the Dlineman, a safty playing 25 yards off the ball (not joking) and CBs playing 7-10 yds off the WR
Also Lbers covering WRs and not TEs or Rbs out of the backfeild
No blitzs other than 1 a game
Doesnt fit the scheme does it

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I guess if we had Warren Sapp, Booger McFarland, we would be ok, but we have a very unexplozive slow DT instead, Stroud is getting double teamed all day, maybe we can agree that Fewell needs to switch the D up cause maybe we dont and never did have the athletes to play this Cover 2 Scheme

We are hurting bad on the Dline, does the Cover 2 also require very unathletic and unexplosive DEs as well, cause Denney and Kelsay sure fit that mode

Cover 2 is suppossed to be an attacking and blitzing D, whati have seen is 5 yard splits by the Dlineman, a safty playing 25 yards off the ball (not joking) and CBs playing 7-10 yds off the WR
Also Lbers covering WRs and not TEs or Rbs out of the backfeild
No blitzs other than 1 a game
Doesnt fit the scheme does it
The Cover 2 is not a scheme set up to blitz out of. The idea is to get pressure with your front four and to play a lot of zone coverage with your LB's and Secondary. It's called "bend but don't break" not "seek and destroy."

The Bills are trying to run the Hybrid-C2 that the Giants run but they obviously lack the personnel to do so effectively:
- Posluszny is NOT an athletic enough MLB to handle covering the amount of field required of him in the C2/T2. He would be a perfect SLB in this defense but the staff needs to drop the MLB project.

- The defensive line is more set up to stop the run than it is to put pressure on the QB. Marcus Stroud is NOT a C2 DT, Chris Kelsay is NOT a C2 DE. The Bills have clearly set themselves up to be more effective at stopping the run this year because they've been so bad at it the past few years. They've accomplished their goal this year seeing as how they aren't half as bad at it from a statistical stand point, but they fail to realize that in the C2 you need to have a ROTATION of pass rushers and run stoppers depending on the situation.

- Whitner is out of place and should be playing CB right now. He is a wasted talent in the C2 at SS. Put him in a 3-4 and he is right at home at SS because he's the kind of guy who should be playing around the line, not 30 yards down field.

Jan Reimers
11-04-2008, 12:29 PM
bigbub, I think you forgot Lanston Walker, who has been pretty good - but expensive - and Fowler, who has been s##t.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
The Cover 2 is not a scheme set up to blitz out of. The idea is to get pressure with your front four and to play a lot of zone coverage with your LB's and Secondary. It's called "bend but don't break" not "seek and destroy."

The Bills are trying to run the Hybrid-C2 that the Giants run but they obviously lack the personnel to do so effectively:
- Posluszny is NOT an athletic enough MLB to handle covering the amount of field required of him in the C2/T2. He would be a perfect SLB in this defense but the staff needs to drop the MLB project.

- The defensive line is more set up to stop the run than it is to put pressure on the QB. Marcus Stroud is NOT a C2 DT, Chris Kelsay is NOT a C2 DE. The Bills have clearly set themselves up to be more effective at stopping the run this year because they've been so bad at it the past few years. They've accomplished their goal this year seeing as how they aren't half as bad at it from a statistical stand point, but they fail to realize that in the C2 you need to have a ROTATION of pass rushers and run stoppers depending on the situation.

- Whitner is out of place and should be playing CB right now. He is a wasted talent in the C2 at SS. Put him in a 3-4 and he is right at home at SS because he's the kind of guy who should be playing around the line, not 30 yards down field.

So we can agree on one thing then Fewell doesnt know what the **** he is doing with this scheme and the FO isnt giving him the personnel he requires to be successful
Cover 2 is a bad defense if you dont have the personnel to run it, and we dont and havent
also in a base Cover 2 u blitz alot, like Tampa did when they won the superbowl, brooks, and Barber blitzed often, which we dont do

I am just saying Poor coaching and Poor FO decisions are to blame for our lack of talent on the D side of the ball we drafted traded and signed players that dont fit the scheme u just described
So you see the point of my artcile then?

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 12:52 PM
bigbub, I think you forgot Lanston Walker, who has been pretty good - but expensive - and Fowler, who has been s##t.

Ur right and Fowler is a joke
Walker for his size provides little in the road grader run blocking we need him to be at his price

Also you can add Jason webster as a bum too

B-DON
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
can you name me one player the colts have signed in free agency that has made an impact? point is, you build through the draft not free agency

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
can you name me one player the colts have signed in free agency that has made an impact? point is, you build through the draft not free agency
i never said u didnt build thru the draft, but signing the right people helps develop the team u r building, guys who have played in the systems u r implementing
like Mitchell

EDS
11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
I hate to say it but besides London Fletcher and TKO for 2 seasons
What FA pickup has been a stand out for us in the last 8 yrs

We have missed alot and i mean alot in FA
Derrick Dockery has done nothing to warrant his contract
Jason Whittle is injury prone and weak at the point of attack
Robert Royal sucks as a number 1 TE
Corey Mcyntyre shows why he was cut by ATL
Darian Barnes showed why he got cut by 5 teams before we tried to start him
Spencer Johnson has done nothing to warrant his contract here
Matt Bowen was a joke
Larry Tripplett was a joke
Mike Gandy was a joke
Tutan Reyes was a joke
Donnie Spragan was a joke
Teyo johnon was a joke
Courtney Anderson was a joke
Tre Teague was average at best
Its mistakes like this that keep us from getting ahead
Please add to the list
or argue it
Andre Davis was only here 1 year and did little
Matt Murphy was a terrible signing for depth
Lawyer Milloy killed our salary cap
Drew bledsoe was a bad trade
Damion Shelton was overratted

Considering the money the Bills gave him, I think Gandy was a pretty good signing. The Bills could use him now.