PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News: Schobel May Miss Rest of Season

raphael120
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Meanwhile, a team source said Schobel could be out at least another month because of a torn tendon in his left foot. He has sat out of the last three games because of the injury. The plan has been to see if the toe would heal on its own, but Schobel has been slow to recover.
If surgery is needed, Schobel would probably miss the remainder of the season, according to the source.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/482947.html?imw=Y

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/482947.html?imw=Y

Either way it looks like the overatted one will be out awhile, we need to address this situation with a vet pass rusher if we could, Roosevelt Colvin, Simeon Rice, or KGB could be had for vet minium at this point in the season
but we will probably elevate Corey mace

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
That sucks. Here's an idea, let Chris Ellis play.

hydro
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Either way it looks like the overatted one will be out awhile, we need to address this situation with a vet pass rusher if we could, Roosevelt Colvin, Simeon Rice, or KGB could be had for vet minium at this point in the season
but we will probably elevate Corey mace

Why does Colvin's name KEEP coming up. NOBODY has picked him up and it is the middle of the season. That's right 31 other teams haven't even signed him. What makes you think he can come in and produce?

raphael120
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
That sucks. Here's an idea, let Chris Ellis play.

If he could beat out Copeland Bryan he would.

This draft class is pathetic so far.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Chris Ellis must just suck monkey balls to mot even see the field.

camelcowboy
11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
schobel told our tail gate Sunday he was done for the season.

madness
11-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh man, I think I feel sick. :ill:

patmoran2006
11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Chris Ellis has seen the field. He's done NOTHING at all. He's been manhandled in the series he's played.

Nothing will change.. Denney will start, and Bryan will be the first in rotation, and we're in BIG big trouble. I been defending Schobel all year.. Now we'll see why he's not "overated" , at least in regards to this team and its needs.

TacklingDummy
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Who can the Bills pick at DE with their top 15 pick in next years draft?

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Why does Colvin's name KEEP coming up. NOBODY has picked him up and it is the middle of the season. That's right 31 other teams haven't even signed him. What makes you think he can come in and produce?
His name keeps coming up because he is a "sexy name." If he still had anything left in the tank he would be on a roster right now.

HHURRICANE
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Well the Bills are drafting DE in the first round which should have happened this year.

I'm pissed he can't play but I'm glad that I won't have to ever see him in a Bills uni again.

One of the most overrated players in Bills history. Leon Seals was a better player.

patmoran2006
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Your out of your skull man.

patmoran2006
11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Well the Bills are drafting DE in the first round which should have happened this year.

I'm pissed he can't play but I'm glad that I won't have to ever see him in a Bills uni again.

One of the most overrated players in Bills history. Leon Seals was a better player.
once Harvey went off the board the ONLY the way the Bills could even conceive taking a DE in the first round would have been by trading down at least a dozen spots.

I'm amazed at all this hate for McKelvin, all of 8 games into his CAREER. Jesus, some of you guys got spoiled by Lynch and Edwards last year as rook's.. it doesnt usually work like that.

Nighthawk
11-04-2008, 12:36 PM
The Bills should take a look at KGB...

patmoran2006
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I actually 100% agree, if Schobel is done.

Even if he's just a situational 3rd down pass rusher.. we need pressure from the ends.

ScottLawrence
11-04-2008, 12:39 PM
once Harvey went off the board the ONLY the way the Bills could even conceive taking a DE in the first round would have been by trading down at least a dozen spots.

I'm amazed at all this hate for McKelvin, all of 8 games into his CAREER. Jesus, some of you guys got spoiled by Lynch and Edwards last year as rook's.. it doesnt usually work like that.

Secondary over offensive and defensive line in last year's draft and in the 06 draft(Whitner over Ngata) was just plain stupid.

This philosophy of Jauron's is really starting to bite us in the ass. No Pass rush, and we can't run the ball.

We should've traded down and taken an offensive or defensive lineman but as always, Jauron opts for secondary.

You win in the trenches. Plain and simple.

Nighthawk
11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I actually 100% agree, if Schobel is done.

Even if he's just a situational 3rd down pass rusher.. we need pressure from the ends.

Exactly. If this team is serious about making the playoffs, then they need to get a player in here who can actually take Schobel spot and not some scrub off the practice squad. We will see...does Dickey actually know what he is doing? Well, here's a shot to at least make it seem like he does.

baalworship
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
We are going nowhere without Schobel. Here's hoping he comes back.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM

I think he has one sack in his last 12 games.

He is no better than what the Bills have now.

hydro
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM

He is somebody different that at one point had success though. That would put everyone on a high until he shows no results.

njsue
11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Yikes :nervous:

shelby
11-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Bad news.:(

Forward_Lateral
11-04-2008, 04:44 PM
When is Hargrove's suspension over? Anyone know?

Nighthawk
11-04-2008, 06:08 PM

He had 9.5 sacks last year...he is better then anything left on this roster. He's worth a look...if Schobel is out for a long period of time.

Nighthawk
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
He is somebody different that at one point had success though. That would put everyone on a high until he shows no results.

He HAD 9.5 sacks last year. You know what...Schobel had 5 in his last 14 games played. What is your point?!?!? Do you seriously think this guy wouldn't help out ...not even a little bit?

hydro
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
He HAD 9.5 sacks last year. You know what...Schobel had 5 in his last 14 games played. What is your point?!?!? Do you seriously think this guy wouldn't help out ...not even a little bit?

I am not going to say that he will come in and make difference. If a team is going to just drop him in the middle of the season there has to be something wrong. Although, I can't say I wouldn't mind seeing him come in just to see but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gr8slayer
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I am not going to say that he will come in and make difference. If a team is going to just drop him in the middle of the season there has to be something wrong. Although, I can't say I wouldn't mind seeing him come in just to see but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Especially a team like the Packers who are pretty damn good at evaluating talent.

yordad
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Why does Colvin's name KEEP coming up. NOBODY has picked him up and it is the middle of the season. That's right 31 other teams haven't even signed him. What makes you think he can come in and produce?Because we have the worst DE in the league? :idunno: