• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

McKelvin, Youboty, Whitner.....

With injuries mounting, it's quite possible that McKelvin could see time at CB this week. The same Buffalo News article that discusses Schobel says Whitner is day-to-day with a separated shoulder, but that injury usually takes 2-4 weeks to heal.

With Youboty out, the Bills had been using 3 safeties in the nickel set, going with McGee and Greer at the CB positions, Whitner as the nickel back, and Simpson and Scott as the safeties. If Whitner and Youboty are both out, our base DB's would be Greer, injured McGee, Simpson, Scot. Our nickel DB's would be Greer, injured McGee, McKelvin, Simpson, Scott.

Against NE, that's downright scary. McKelvin has struggled at CB due to his inexperience, and McGee is still hobbled by the injury. And Simpson is having a terrible year. Greer has been excellent and Scott, while certainly no Pro Bowler, has held his own.

The good news is that neither Youboty or Whitner are officially ruled out for the game, so hopefully we'll get one or both back. But right now, it doesn't look good.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: McKelvin, Youboty, Whitner.....

If Brady was playing I would be much more scared, but this is still going to be a problem unless they find some magical way to all of a sudden start putting pressure on the QB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I hated the McKelvin pick but I actually think he might be okay if he plays.

I'm going on record that he won't be a bust. I actually think he will be okay. I also predict a pick this weekend if he starts.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I think McKelvin will be fine eventually, but I don't think he's ready yet. We got lucky with the emergence of Youboty, then unlucky with injuries in the secondary.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
          • Sep 2004

Out of everything this weekend, the Greer and Moss match-up is what scares me the most.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Out of everything this weekend, the Greer and Moss match-up is what scares me the most.
            I think Greer will surprise you. Of course, that just means that Welker and Watson will pick us apart....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I think Youboty is close to returning, he is injury prone as well, he missed significant time last year to injury

We got to find a way to keep these guys healthy we lose players at an alarming rate, i wonder if it has to do with DJ training camp
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

What the Bills need to do is move Whitner to his natural position at CB. He would instantly be the best CB on the roster.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I think Greer will surprise you. Of course, that just means that Welker and Watson will pick us apart....
                  I sure hope so. He has been great this year. I just have bad memories of last season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    What the Bills need to do is move Whitner to his natural position at CB. He would instantly be the best CB on the roster.

Ive been saying that since we drafted him. He's an Antoine Winfield clone with better hands.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Moss will eat Greer up and spit him out and he eat him again. What are you basing this Greer will surprise us claim on?

Watson does not scare me - he is way over-rated.

Welker will kill us with short passes and slants.

' Course Moss will have 150 +.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

I think the Bills D is going to make Cassel look like Brady.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

With injuries mounting, it's quite possible that McKelvin could see time at CB this week. The same Buffalo News article that discusses Schobel says Whitner is day-to-day with a separated shoulder, but that injury usually takes 2-4 weeks to heal.

With Youboty out, the Bills had been using 3 safeties in the nickel set, going with McGee and Greer at the CB positions, Whitner as the nickel back, and Simpson and Scott as the safeties. If Whitner and Youboty are both out, our base DB's would be Greer, injured McGee, Simpson, Scot. Our nickel DB's would be Greer, injured McGee, McKelvin, Simpson, Scott.

Against NE, that's downright scary. McKelvin has struggled at CB due to his inexperience, and McGee is still hobbled by the injury. And Simpson is having a terrible year. Greer has been excellent and Scott, while certainly no Pro Bowler, has held his own.

The good news is that neither Youboty or Whitner are officially ruled out for the game, so hopefully we'll get one or both back. But right now, it doesn't look good.
                          I felt misled last week when it sounded like Youboty would play against the Jets. Will he be available against the Pats? If he was as close to playing as I thought he was last weekend then I'd assume he'd play, but you never know. Why is it that Bills players who get injured are out for weeks longer than we originally think?
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Moss will eat Greer up and spit him out and he eat him again. What are you basing this Greer will surprise us claim on?

Watson does not scare me - he is way over-rated.

Welker will kill us with short passes and slants.

' Course Moss will have 150 +.
                            Did you see the replay of Greer's man to man coverage on that pick? It was perfection. Granted, the guy he was covering isn't nearly as good as Moss, but I really think Greer will get help, and between his skill and the double teams Moss will be held in check. It's happened before.

The downside, however, is that NE has other weapons, like Welker. And when we put our best cover guy and our double teams on Moss, the rest of their O will eat us alive.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              Not a bad idea, however it's not practical at the moment. When everyone's healthy, the Bills have 3 decent or better corners in McGee, Greer and Youboty, plus McKelvin who will likely be decent in time. At S, they just have Simpson, Scott and Wendling behind Whitner.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X