• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

WTF is wrong with you people?

Leodis McKelvin has played EIGHT GAMES in his entire career. Relax!!!

If he's not quite ready to start and/or be a heavy contributor yet, THIS year in his rookie season, it doesnt mean he was a bad pick or he sucks.

The kid can play. He will be FINE.. Maybe not this year, and that sucks.. but he will be just fine. Count me in the minority (going by this board, that's an understatement) but I actually think he's going to be good.. He's already outstanding in run support (IMO) and he'll improve against the pass.

Hardy I have mixed feelings about (but not willing to bust him up as a rookie either) and I do NOT like the way this Ellis kid is looking (too weak to play in the NFL from what I see). but man, the piling on Leodis on this board is insane.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: WTF is wrong with you people?

The coaching staff needs to relax and give him some more playing time.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• jdbillsfan
      • Oct 2002

This draft class is a bust.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

If he's not quite ready to start and/or be a heavy contributor yet, THIS year in his rookie season, it doesnt mean he was a bad pick or he sucks.

The kid can play. He will be FINE.. Maybe not this year, and that sucks.. but he will be just fine. Count me in the minority (going by this board, that's an understatement) but I actually think he's going to be good.. He's already outstanding in run support (IMO) and he'll improve against the pass.

Hardy I have mixed feelings about (but not willing to bust him up as a rookie either) and I do NOT like the way this Ellis kid is looking (too weak to play in the NFL from what I see). but man, the piling on Leodis on this board is insane.
        I am on record that i hate the McKelvin pick, from day 1, and i have to say i dont want to put him in the Bust category and i do understand it is to early to do so.... but he should not have been taken at 11 his in ability to digest the defense is scary as well as his in decisiveness on Kick returns

Maybe we are spoiled wit h McGee and parrish being able to do it right our of college or the countless other Kick returners who did well right out of college
        But i am sorry Pat cause normally i agree with you but Leodis has done nothing but mis tackles on run support that was also his biggest knock besides stone hands coming out of college, and i have watched all the replays and been to games, and he has missed alot of tackles an 11th overall pick should have made

We should have went O or D line which is what u suggessted we do and i wanted a WR, i was defintly wrong there, but we need to stop taking DBs in the top 15 not worth it when u can pull someone just as good in the later rounds

Personally i think if Reggie Corner was given playing time he would be contributing more than Leodis at CB just like he did in the preseason

This is looking like a bad draft class up and down
        Our best player mite be Steve Johnson but our coaches wont swallow there pride and give the later picks playing time, they just keep letting Hardy be misused and keep letting Leodis get used
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Some people expect instant gratification and don't realize that rookies take time to grow.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            I am on record that i hate the McKelvin pick, from day 1, and i have to say i dont want to put him in the Bust category and i do understand it is to early to do so.... but he should not have been taken at 11 his in ability to digest the defense is scary as well as his in decisiveness on Kick returns

Maybe we are spoiled wit h McGee and parrish being able to do it right our of college or the countless other Kick returners who did well right out of college
            But i am sorry Pat cause normally i agree with you but Leodis has done nothing but mis tackles on run support that was also his biggest knock besides stone hands coming out of college, and i have watched all the replays and been to games, and he has missed alot of tackles an 11th overall pick should have made

We should have went O or D line which is what u suggessted we do and i wanted a WR, i was defintly wrong there, but we need to stop taking DBs in the top 15 not worth it when u can pull someone just as good in the later rounds

Personally i think if Reggie Corner was given playing time he would be contributing more than Leodis at CB just like he did in the preseason

This is looking like a bad draft class up and down
            Our best player mite be Steve Johnson but our coaches wont swallow there pride and give the later picks playing time, they just keep letting Hardy be misused and keep letting Leodis get used
            I didnt want McKelvin either.. I was praying we'd take an OL Brandon Albert. How much better would our interior OL be with him on it?

but having said that, McKelvin is a good player and he'll be fine.. He just needs time.. He came from a small school, its a bigger adjustment.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I didnt want McKelvin either.. I was praying we'd take an OL Brandon Albert. How much better would our interior OL be with him on it?

but having said that, McKelvin is a good player and he'll be fine.. He just needs time.. He came from a small school, its a bigger adjustment.
              Alot of players come from small schools and do well i hope i am dead wrong about him i truly do, i hope i am dead wrong about alot of things i complain about on here, but unfortunalty the last 8 yrs i have been right about alot
              maybe i am the problem
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mitchell55
                only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                • Feb 2008

So you havent made a opinion on McKelvin in 9 games but you have with ellis in 1?

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Greer and McKelvin will be our starting CBs in 2 years... I LOVE McGee, but I feel like we drafted McKelvin to replace Greer, but Greer is a ball hawk, and has proven to be pretty close to shut down. The knee injury also sets McGee back a little.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

All I know is what I see, that McKelvin looks slow as hell and sucks at returning kicks. Parrish should return every punt and kick.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      All I know is what I see, that McKelvin looks slow as hell and sucks at returning kicks. Parrish should return every punt and kick.

Sucks at returning kicks? Hes 7th in yards, 4th in 20 + returns.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                        • Dec 2005

And next year when he plays like th #8 pick that he is everyone will here will be licking his crack.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                          So you havent made a opinion on McKelvin in 9 games but you have with ellis in 1?
                          2.. It only seems like he's played in one.. Or none.

I like McKelvin's size and ability.. I don't like Ellis' size and ability. McKelvin has to learn the speed in the NFL to be a good player. that's going to happen.

Ellis has to learn how to not get blocked into the 7th row of a stadium at DE. I don't see that happening.

From everything I've seen, read and people I've talked too..This guy has been a huge dissapointment since the summer and I think that's evidenced by Copeland Bryan not only beating him out in camp, but getting on the field and and the rotation before him.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

2.. It only seems like he's played in one.. Or none.

I like McKelvin's size and ability.. I don't like Ellis' size and ability. McKelvin has to learn the speed in the NFL to be a good player. that's going to happen.

Ellis has to learn how to not get blocked into the 7th row of a stadium at DE. I don't see that happening.

From everything I've seen, read and people I've talked too..This guy has been a huge dissapointment since the summer and I think that's evidenced by Copeland Bryan not only beating him out in camp, but getting on the field and and the rotation before him.

Our FO has been to stupid to play him. Hes only played about 10 snaps in his career, he is 6-4 and 250+ pounds so size is not a factor. He will be fine.

Comment

• Griz78
                              • Sep 2002

Saying he can't beat out Copeland Bryan is crap right now too since it seems like Bryan is the only guy of our DEs to make a play the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X