PDA

View Full Version : Can Trent get it together this week???

BillsWin
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry Edwards fanatics!

But Edwards has played below what he can for two weeks in a row, and it is arguably a reason for our two division losses. Turnovers, are not something that wins us games. They lose them for us.

EDWARDS' PROGRESSION AND PREFORMANCE HAS BEEN KEY FOR US TO WIN!
Especially with a lack of run-game.

I'm not giving up on Edwards. Not at all, so don't jump on my crotch because I said he's struggling. Because its true!

The o-line has 1 injury. ONE. Preston is the new starter, and from watching the games (and having been a center myself...) he is doing a solid job. especially in pass pro.

Butler is definetly being missed, whether or not you like the guy or think he is any good, Whittle is no Butler.

Insert Butler back in and we can shore up the pass protection A LITTLE better.

There were some plays sunday when it seemed like Edward's confidence was a little down. It looked like when he was standing in the pocket, he wanted to throw it, but thought about it a little too long and had to move on. Letting the defense close down and protection to breakdown.

Something I'd like to see sunday, besides a healthy Butler, is Edwards going through his reads quicker and more confidently. If he sees Evans in the out, take the shot. Parrish is quick, throw it out to his right a bit and let him beat the defender. Don't sit there and think too much about an interception. When you do, you throw them, or get hit and fumble.

If we need to come out throwing to let Edwards get it together lets do it against a rookie Pats secondary. Edwards will get it together, but lets hope its this week!

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Sorry Edwards fanatics!

But Edwards has played below what he can for two weeks in a row, and it is arguably a reason for our two division losses. Turnovers, are not something that wins us games. They lose them for us.

EDWARDS' PROGRESSION AND PREFORMANCE HAS BEEN KEY FOR US TO WIN!
Especially with a lack of run-game.

I'm not giving up on Edwards. Not at all, so don't jump on my crotch because I said he's struggling. Because its true!

The o-line has 1 injury. ONE. Preston is the new starter, and from watching the games (and having been a center myself...) he is doing a solid job. especially in pass pro.

Butler is definetly being missed, whether or not you like the guy or think he is any good, Whittle is no Butler.

Insert Butler back in and we can shore up the pass protection A LITTLE better.

There were some plays sunday when it seemed like Edward's confidence was a little down. It looked like when he was standing in the pocket, he wanted to throw it, but thought about it a little too long and had to move on. Letting the defense close down and protection to breakdown.

Something I'd like to see sunday, besides a healthy Butler, is Edwards going through his reads quicker and more confidently. If he sees Evans in the out, take the shot. Parrish is quick, throw it out to his right a bit and let him beat the defender. Don't sit there and think too much about an interception. When you do, you throw them, or get hit and fumble.

If we need to come out throwing to let Edwards get it together lets do it against a rookie Pats secondary. Edwards will get it together, but lets hope its this week!

He also needs to look at both sides of the field. Durring the whole game he only looked to Evans side and never Hardys. He needs to stop that.

BillsWin
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM
He also needs to look at both sides of the field. Durring the whole game he only looked to Evans side and never Hardys. He needs to stop that.

maybe he hasnt built a confidence in Hardy yet. But, i suggest he start because Reed isnt back yet...

justasportsfan
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I have faith in Trent but I'm not sure about our gameplaning.

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:21 PM
maybe he hasnt built a confidence in Hardy yet. But, i suggest he start because Reed isnt back yet...

You will never know unless you try.

Mudflap1
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Hardy is completely worthless right now. The guy towers over people but can't get open and has no hands, and he's not very fast either. I wouldn't look his way either.

Evans is the only viable receiving option. Parrish makes a catch here or there, but he's a smurf.

Jon

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Hardy is completely worthless right now. The guy towers over people but can't get open and has no hands, and he's not very fast either. I wouldn't look his way either.

Evans is the only viable receiving option. Parrish makes a catch here or there, but he's a smurf.

Jon

From the field that we see, we have no idea if hes wide open or covered. For all we know he could be burning the secondary every play.

Mudflap1
11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, you're right. I'm sure Hardy is open every play and Edwards is simply missing him. That makes sense.

OR, Hardy is rarely open, and usually ****s up the play when the ball is thrown his way, which is what we have seen.

Jon

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes, you're right. I'm sure Hardy is open every play and Edwards is simply missing him. That makes sense.

OR, Hardy is rarely open, and usually ****s up the play when the ball is thrown his way, which is what we have seen.

Jon

Watch the game and pay attension to hardy, i could count how many times trent looks his way on all of my fingers with 4 of them missing. The only time TE looked his way was the final play. Watch the game and come back later.

dominizzo
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I HAve a feeling that JP LOSEBOY will be playing after Edwards is benched in this one.

Pats have a really good defense and WE were the only team GOod enough to exploit it.

Mitchell55
11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I HAve a feeling that JP LOSEBOY will be playing after Edwards is benched in this one.

Pats have a really good defense and WE were the only team GOod enough to exploit it.

No, the arizona game solitified JPs benching.