PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson Got One Ball Thrown to him sunday.

BillsWin
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM

1 ball.

1 poorly thrown low ball.

and he makes something out of nothing.

Why isnt he getting some sort of look?

I dont care what you think. I know hes a 7th rounder! I know hes been inactive the majority of the games!

But what has he done to prove he CANT play!?

He hasnt gotten that chance.

Lets throw him some balls, lets open up the field alittle.

Lee cant do it by himself!

Hardy isnt doing much!

Parrish is like a ghost out there!

Lets give the kid a shot. He hasnt done anything to warrant him not getting looks.

I blame the coaching staff.

psubills62
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of Johnson. The kid's caught both passes that were thrown to him (as far as I've seen). Work him more into the slot, especially when we have 4-wide, and see what he can do.

bigbub2352
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I have been saying that since we drafted him, when given oppurtunity he has shown he can catch and run after the catch, Justin jenkins has been non exsistent on both offense and ST, and he is suppossed to be a good ST player, i havent seen him make a tackle yet

Johnson has a good size and speed combo
No one else is doing much as a WR for us except Evans
i cant beleive we miss Reed this much

madness
11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Anybody know how many plays he actually was on the field?

BillsWin
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Anybody know how many plays he actually was on the field?

To be honest, I counted 2. one run, one pass. he blocked on the run, which never came near him (tackle for loss in middle) and then he caught the one pass.

Is two plays enough?

Jaybird
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
i thought he would have more reception then hardy prior to the season. He has 2 catches...... not so far off

thenry20
11-04-2008, 03:52 PM

1 ball.

1 poorly thrown low ball.

and he makes something out of nothing.

Why isnt he getting some sort of look?

I dont care what you think. I know hes a 7th rounder! I know hes been inactive the majority of the games!

But what has he done to prove he CANT play!?

He hasnt gotten that chance.

Lets throw him some balls, lets open up the field alittle.

Lee cant do it by himself!

Hardy isnt doing much!

Parrish is like a ghost out there!

Lets give the kid a shot. He hasnt done anything to warrant him not getting looks.

I blame the coaching staff.

I'm surprised we haven't tried any four WR sets these past two games. I didn't notice any. WTF.

madness
11-04-2008, 04:13 PM
To be honest, I counted 2. one run, one pass. he blocked on the run, which never came near him (tackle for loss in middle) and then he caught the one pass.

Is two plays enough?

No it's pathetic. Was Jenkins even on the field?

raphael120
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
If you should know anything about this coaching staff its that they don't like to utilize or test out any of their younger players. See Oman, Corner, McKelvin, Jenkins, Stevie Johnson. It took them how long to finally use Jackson and Greer?

TigerJ
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
He's a rookie seventh round draft choice. The harsh reality of the NFL is that undrafted free agents and low round draft picks not only need to be better than the pre-draft analysis that dropped them out of higher rounds in the draft, they need to get a little lucky to have much of an opportunity to do anything in their rookie year.

As fans, we saw only a couple meager opportunities to make plays on Sunday. We don't see what happens in practice, but even if he does everything he's asked to do in practice, there are likely 5 other receivers who do the same. I love Steve Johnson's attitude, his physical makeup and his upside, but I'm also a realist. The only way he gets much of a shot as a rookie seventh round pick is if the receiving corps gets decimated by injuries and the Bills are forced to play him and throw the ball to him more than they currently plan to do.