PDA

View Full Version : Injuries are killing us...again.

jamze132
11-05-2008, 03:01 AM
With Schobel and Whitner out for a while, we are really hurting. And all around the team, there are other injuries that are holding us back. The Butler injury is a great example of that. Whittle sucked balls and he is hurt. Our O-line is jacked up right now and that is the reason we have sucked donkeyballs on offense.

What do you expect Trent, a 2nd year player, to do when each play is blown up in his face because the interior of our line is garbage? :poop:

Unless someone steps up, we will not win 5 more games and will miss the playoffs after squandering a golden opportunity. Players need to step up to the plate.

shelby
11-05-2008, 04:04 AM
Can't he walk on water?

i too am concerned. This team has had a huge slide in terms of performance over the last few weeks.

don137
11-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Every team has injuries at this point so it evens out for the most part. The problem is depth and the Bills have no depth. The top 3 picks last year should of been good enough to at least provide decent depth but they are not and as a result it is really hurting this team.
I am also starting to wonder if the retirement of Jim McNally has more to do with the OL sucking badly this year than it has to do with injuries or a certain player missing camp because the whole line has looked bad this year especially run blocking.

chubluv
11-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Ask McNally to be a consultant for a few weeks. Maybe he can point out some of their problems.

acehole
11-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Excuses excuses.......I remember philage3 saying everything has to go perfectly well for the last guy to do well.......and now here we are.Stop coddling this guy and give him the same critisism you gave the last guy.
supposedly he was the better guy......supposedly he was compared to the greats of Montanna and so forth.....those guys rose above and were able to transend that. Remember it was a quik release of the qb that was suppose to make the line better not the other way around......Trent has all the peices in place ...more then we have had in a long while and he cant seem to stop struggling....you all really have to read your oun stuff from just a short time ago to know you are all full of bunk....

With Schobel and Whitner out for a while, we are really hurting. And all around the team, there are other injuries that are holding us back. The Butler injury is a great example of that. Whittle sucked balls and he is hurt. Our O-line is jacked up right now and that is the reason we have sucked donkeyballs on offense.

What do you expect Trent, a 2nd year player, to do when each play is blown up in his face because the interior of our line is garbage? :poop:

Unless someone steps up, we will not win 5 more games and will miss the playoffs after squandering a golden opportunity. Players need to step up to the plate.

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Excuses excuses.......I remember philage3 saying everything has to go perfectly well for the last guy to do well.......and now here we are.Stop coddling this guy and give him the same critisism you gave the last guy.
supposedly he was the better guy......supposedly he was compared to the greats of Montanna and so forth.....those guys rose above and were able to transend that. Remember it was a quik release of the qb that was suppose to make the line better not the other way around......Trent has all the peices in place ...more then we have had in a long while and he cant seem to stop struggling....you all really have to read your oun stuff from just a short time ago to know you are all full of bunk....

and the funny thing is, with trent stinking up the joint as far as turnovers are concerned, he's STILL better than JP. So, are you saying we should play JP, even though he sucks even more than Trent?

X-Era
11-05-2008, 08:23 AM

I think its a bit of a systematic problem where we arent resigning middle of the road guys and instead relying onthe draft to provide the backups to the starters.

In that way, injuries will cause unprepared young players to have to fill in and "learn".

I would say that we should spend a bit more to have quality, experienced depth.

Right now would you rather have Bryan Scott starting or someone like John Lynch or Adam Archuleta?

Denney or someone like KGB?

Yes, I'm saying spend a bit more on vets who may even be long in the tooth but provide more solid backups in case of injury.

It seems like a better option than late round or undrafted young guys.

EDS
11-05-2008, 08:53 AM

I am sure New England, playing without Tom Brady, Lawrence Maroney, Rodney Harrison, etc., will have lots of sympathy for the Bills.

justasportsfan
11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Players need to step up to the plate.
Including the qb.

Night Train
11-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Injuries are killing everybody. The makeup of our D with this weak scheme is our biggest problem.

djjimkelly
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
pussy foot schemes on both sides

a proven loser for a coach.

and a team that refuses to address the DE position the last 3-4 years is the biggest problems.

also i think our running game can be WAY and i mean WAY more effective from a 3 wr set where u spread the D.

bottom line is this team is lacking in real coaching i knew this last year its showing up again big time this season.

others cursed JP that he was lucky for a few 4th quarter comebacks 2 years ago.

ill say the same about trent this year.

i dont think people realize how close we are to being a 2-6 team this year

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
i dont think people realize how close we are to being a 2-6 team this year

it's a good thing that Lossman isn't starting. otherwise, they would probably be worse than 2-6.

jamze132
11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
You get out there behind this O-line and see how successful you are, even handing the ball off.
I am not 100% defending Trent. he has made some bone-headed plays this year, especially in Miami. He will learn from them. By the way, he did have a little something to do with us reaching 5 wins as early as we did.

jamze132
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
This thread is mainly about the injury big that is once again biting us and how guys need to step up if we are going to win. WTF? :drama:

Nighthawk
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Although I agree that the injuries hurt, it's time for this team and organization to stop using every excuse in the book and to move past this stuff and win games. Dickey needs to earn his money and come up with some creative gameplans instead of the same old crap he runs out there every Sunday.

acehole
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
and the funny thing is, with trent stinking up the joint as far as turnovers are concerned, he's STILL better than JP. So, are you saying we should play JP, even though he sucks even more than Trent?

no I am not saying that at all please read again.

paladin warrior
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Yup Sure is.. Always Always always hurt every year. Buffalo bills should have keep good players for backup. Also Buffalo Bills need to put a sigh help wanted temp.

Philagape
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Trent's had line breakdowns all year and still done OK overall (two bad games out of seven, with some remarkable comebacks). Perfect example: He got killed on the TD throw to Parrish against the Raiders. Unlike the last guy, he can sidestep a rush. Every time? No. But still better.
And the last guy got "coddled" during his second year playing. The experience it takes for a QB to develop is a valid excuse. I've been harder on Trent than I was on the last guy at the same point in his career, because Trent has earned a higher standard quicker. He's raised the bar.

And, frankly, he's also earned the benefit of the doubt, unlike the last guy.

jamze132
11-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Although I agree that the injuries hurt, it's time for this team and organization to stop using every excuse in the book and to move past this stuff and win games. Dickey needs to earn his money and come up with some creative gameplans instead of the same old crap he runs out there every Sunday.
What the hell is Dick supposed to do when the starters on the O-line suck, and then their back-ups suck worse? Obviously during the middle of the season, there isn't much you can do to improve. It needs to be addressed this next off-season as priority #1. And if we keep playing like we have, we will be looking at a top 15 draft pick.