PDA

View Full Version : Brad Butler is back!

BillsWin
11-05-2008, 11:13 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/05/kawika-mitchell-not-practicing/

Im sure Kawika just has a stinger and it is only wed.

But having Butler back is gunna help out a little in pass pro. and Brad is one of our best run blockers. (or at least he was last season.)

Lets hope Kawika is good to go sunday.

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
thank god. I was getting sick thinking about Whittle's futile attempts to block Jenkins last week.

bigbub2352
11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Whittle was a bad signing by this club, he is a injury prone undersized lineman that sucks at G and C, and we should have looked elsewhere for vet depth Thank god butler is back and we need to groom him to be more effective in the running game, his pass protection is not to bad, plus he is still getting used to playing G since he was a career RT at Virginia

OpIv37
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Seriously, Mitchell is the bigger concern. The guy hasn't played well, but with DiGiorgio out for the year, we have literally NO ONE behind him.

EDS
11-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Whittle was a bad signing by this club, he is a injury prone undersized lineman that sucks at G and C, and we should have looked elsewhere for vet depth Thank god butler is back and we need to groom him to be more effective in the running game, his pass protection is not to bad, plus he is still getting used to playing G since he was a career RT at Virginia

I think they should move Butler outside to right tackle and move Walker inside to guard. Its not ideal, but it has to be better then what has been on the field so far this season.

bigbub2352
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I think they should move Butler outside to right tackle and move Walker inside to guard. Its not ideal, but it has to be better then what has been on the field so far this season.

mite not be a bad move

Patti120
11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Won't happen as Walker has been the most consistent lineman thus far.

EDS
11-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Won't happen as Walker has been the most consistent lineman thus far.

He has experience playing guard from his Raiders days, and the Bills absolutely have do something to mitigate the very weak run blocking on the lines interior.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Having Butler back helps alot, without him in the lineup our interior OL loses all credibility.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2008, 01:58 PM
If you are going to move Walker inside, why on earth would you put Butler at OT and not Chambers?

BillsWin
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
If you are going to move Walker inside, why on earth would you put Butler at OT and not Chambers?

Butler played RT in college, and some guard. Chambers is a career backup who hada studly game against the seahawks (nobody is taking that from him) but hes still a backup.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, the Butler I've seen this season is a turnstile, and deserves just as much criticism as Fowler.

Luisito23
11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
On this pathetic line everyone but Peters and Walker sucks...Butler is back?...Great! maybe Jackson and Lynch will get an extra yard or two, and maybe Trent will get sacked 5 times instead of 6...:clap:

BillsWin
11-06-2008, 10:05 AM
On this pathetic line everyone but Peters and Walker sucks...Butler is back?...Great! maybe Jackson and Lynch will get an extra yard or two, and maybe Trent will get sacked 5 times instead of 6...:clap:

Every little bit counts. but heres a nice fact for you

Butler has been out for two weeks.

two weeks, two losses.

two weeks, two pathetic premformances from our o-line.

Two weeks with 7 turnovers.

Take from that what you wish, but I think the o-line lost a step when Butler got hurt.