PDA

View Full Version : Poor Technique

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I am totally convinced that one of our main problems is our coaching on basic football techniques. Things like how to tackle properly, how to block, how to read the ball instead of biting on every little fake, how to defend a pass. . How to prepare for a long season physically, injuries are always an issue with us. I'm telling you right now if you took some of the players we had and gave them to the Big Tuna, Tom Conklin, or Bill Bellichick they would excell much more or their asses would be riding the pine, plain and simple. It all starts with our position coaches. What in the hell are they teaching? When I see someone like Kelsay shoot in blindly on a draw while the RB goes whizzing past him I wonder why this keeps happening and it is not corrected by the coaches. We are one of the worst tackling teams in the NFL, why isn't this **** getting fixed? I've never seen any other team's DBs lineup and play the receivers like we unorthodox way that we do. What the hell are they doing in practice??? Marv always prided himself on having good teachers first before coaches. What the hell happened?

justasportsfan
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
yeah, I'm bothered by Dicks and Trents video on BB.com about the running game. Trent says he has no answer other than they've faced good D's schemes 9etc) that contributed to our poor running game. Does that mean we don't have coaches that know how to handle these schemes?

Dick talks about a mixture of things like the blocking and rb not hitting holes.

Do our coaches know how to get our starters to DO THEIR JOB? Maybe we should put in our back ups . Looks like under Dick back ups do better than starters.

billsfanone
11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
On defense, I think we have a way too conservative scheme and with very aggressive players. Too much "flying to the ball" and not enough "causing turnovers." That's why I think there is so much over-pursuit and injuries. I like the aggressiveness, don't get me wrong, but the scheme should leverage it, not make it a disadvantage.

OpIv37
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah, I'm bothered by Dicks and Trents video on BB.com about the running game. Trent says he has no answer other than they've faced good D's schemes 9etc) that contributed to our poor running game. Does that mean we don't have coaches that know how to handle these schemes?

Dick talks about a mixture of things like the blocking and rb not hitting holes.

Do our coaches know how to get our starters to DO THEIR JOB? Maybe we should put in our back ups . Looks like under Dick back ups do better than starters.

what holes?

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM

no offense, but thats its not rocket science, and what Dick talked about is exactly right...we need to block better and then the RB's need to hit the holes. Thats it. I know you wanted to hear him describe more in depth, but what does that do except inform other D-linemen of what we're working on?

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 01:01 PM
One of the best tackling teams in the NFL is the NY Giants. They are very aggressive and NEVER miss a tackle.

justasportsfan
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
no offense, but thats its not rocket science, and what Dick talked about is exactly right...we need to block better and then the RB's need to hit the holes. Thats it. No offense taken .What I want to know is that, why Dick is talking about this to begin with? We got him his OL, we got him his rb and we're not even mediocre in runing the ball.

Pinkerton Security
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
No offense taken .What I want to know is that, why Dick is talking about this to begin with? We got him his OL, we got him his rb and we're not even mediocre in runing the ball.

good point.

I want so badly to see what Beastmode can do when running through ACTUAL holes! I was watching the Giants game and thinking "holy crap, look at the room those running backs have!". Its depressing, because that has kindof been our MO for a while bc we couldnt pass that well.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
One of the best tackling teams in the NFL is the NY Giants. They are very aggressive and NEVER miss a tackle.

they have an awesome OL too. i wish the Bills OL was as good as theirs.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
One of the pre game shows on Sunday (or a few Sundays ago) said that NO NFL teams practice tackling, or other contact drills. They explained that because of the dangerousness of the games on Sundays, and the risk of injury already, they don't want to put the players in more jeopardy than they already are.

Something like that, anyways.

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Lynch would be close to 1000 yards already if he had any kind of competent runblocking.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
One of the pre game shows on Sunday (or a few Sundays ago) said that NO NFL teams practice tackling, or other contact drills. They explained that because of the dangerousness of the games on Sundays, and the risk of injury already, they don't want to put the players in more jeopardy than they already are.

Something like that, anyways.

in other words, we don't want to take any risk on our investments.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Lynch would be close to 1000 yards already if he had any kind of competent runblocking.

Jackson would probably be close to a 6 yard average for every rushing attempt too.

shelby
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
poor technique....that's what she said.

:(

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 02:24 PM
poor technique....that's what she said.

:(
:(:pet:

raphael120
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah it definitely seems like even our coaches don't know the fundamentals of football either...like proper times to call time outs, times to challenge, etc...

I'm seriously starting to question the people in charge for the Buffalo Bills. Why is it when I think of 3 more years of Jauron I liken it to 3 more years of Bush.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
in other words, we don't want to take any risk on our investments.

That's pretty much it. They (the owners) don't want their multi-millionaires crashing into each other full speed when it means nothing.

Patti120
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Apparently McNally's thing was techinique so maybe his absence has led to a total breakdown in this. Hard to imagine it would drop off this fast though, especially with the current oline coach being his assistant last year.