PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Most shocking Sabres news ever!!!!

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Tim Connolly, the Buffalo Sabres' talented but injury-prone center, missed today's practice with a sore groin. The team is hoping the day off will allow him to be healthy for the next game, Friday night against Atlanta in HSBC Arena.

Connolly, who suffered hairline fractures in two vertebrae in his back in the preseason, played his first two games of the year Saturday and Monday.

"He's nursing a little bit of a sore groin, which I think after playing a couple games and missing training camp, it's to be expected that he can be a little sore after finally getting into the heat of the battle," coach Lindy Ruff said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/484977.html

Myers57
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
DAMN'T CONNOLLY GROW A PAIR

RockStar36
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
This is beyond ridiculous.

Nighthawk
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
He seriously is the biggest p**sy to ever lace up a pair of skates.

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
At least they are being honest and saying the injury is in his vaginal area.

clumping platelets
11-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Isn't he a FA after the season?

:bigwave:

Michael82
11-05-2008, 12:56 PM
:rofl: Glad I took the under!

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM
It is getting ridiculous with this guy... I have heard rumors that he is the biggest pussy of all time.

rbochan
11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/JeepJeep8/facepalm.jpg

bigbub2352
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
he is truly robbing buffalo with his constant injuries, tieing up 3+ mil every year
wish we would have signed Dumont instead of him

BlackMetalNinja
11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow... beyond ridiculous at this point. Nothing short of being an elite player in this league would make it acceptable anymore, and he's far from that. The sooner he is gone, the happier I'll be.

OpIv37
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
It is getting ridiculous with this guy... I have heard rumors that he is the biggest pussy of all time.

Heard rumors? Has anyone in the NHL missed more time since the lockout than him? Seriously, a sore groin? When they haven't played since Monday? Come on.

The guy has all the talent in the world but he's a huge pussy.

hydro
11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
:banghead:

Philagape
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I didn't even have to mouse over the thread title to know what it was.

Ebenezer
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Sore groin?? Do we need to figure out how he got that? :rolleyes:

Crisis
11-05-2008, 02:32 PM
SHUN THE NAYSAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
He seriously is the biggest p**sy to ever lace up a pair of skates.

i nominate this post for post of the year.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Isn't he a FA after the season?

:bigwave:

that was the long ass 3 year contract. the Sabres definitely didn't get $8.7 million worth of production out of him.

SABURZFAN
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
DAMN'T CONNOLLY GROW A PAIR

that's what created the sore groin. :snicker:

Michael82
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/JeepJeep8/facepalm.jpg
:rofl:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Gee WGR55 is reporting something very different,

Ruff said he doesn't expect it to hold Connolly out for Friday's game against Atlanta, and that it was a routine day-off similar to the one they gave Clarke MacArthur last week.
http://wgr550.com/Connolly-hurt--Hecht-ready/3263243

Myers57
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Thats not inaccurate reporting from the Buffalo News you mope.

TBN never said he would be out for the next game.

"He's nursing a little bit of a sore groin, which I think after playing a couple games and missing training camp, it's to be expected that he can be a little sore after finally getting into the heat of the battle," coach Lindy Ruff said.

-The Buffalo News

Stop ruining Lecters threads!

mchurchfie
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Link please?

Typ0
11-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I think you guys are nuts. TC starts playing well and he's a monster on the ice. This organization is poised to make deep playoff runs for the next several years. I hope he stays healthy and know that's been an issue but show the man some respect I'm sure it's been hard on him too. Having TC on the roster is a treat.

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2008, 06:39 AM
I think you guys are nuts. TC starts playing well and he's a monster on the ice. This organization is poised to make deep playoff runs for the next several years. I hope he stays healthy and know that's been an issue but show the man some respect I'm sure it's been hard on him too. Having TC on the roster is a treat.We ALL hope he stays healthy, but he NEVER does... How is it a treat when we're paying him all this money to play in 30% of our games the past 3 seasons???? (52/176 games, regular season only)

SABURZFAN
11-06-2008, 06:44 AM
I think you guys are nuts. TC starts playing well and he's a monster on the ice. This organization is poised to make deep playoff runs for the next several years. I hope he stays healthy and know that's been an issue but show the man some respect I'm sure it's been hard on him too. Having TC on the roster is a treat.

i guess this is where we agree to disagree.

rbochan
11-06-2008, 07:13 AM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3125/poster63167154qc4.jpg

hydro
11-06-2008, 07:37 AM
This was most people 2-3 years ago. With all the injuries he has gone through, it is tough to keep positive about him. I doubt he is reading this messageboard and getting his feelings hurt. If anything he should feel like he needs to prove he can stay on the ice. Which EVERYONE wants.

Typ0
11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I hear you all...but he's a treat because we can only hope when the playoffs start he's healthy and plays up to his ability. Don't kid yourselves that could be the difference between getting to the finals or staying home he's that much of a difference maker IMO. You don't just toss that player away because you are sick of paying him to be injured. Our team is showing fight and might and we need TC to help us move to the next level.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I hear you all...but he's a treat because we can only hope when the playoffs start he's healthy and plays up to his ability. Don't kid yourselves that could be the difference between getting to the finals or staying home he's that much of a difference maker IMO. You don't just toss that player away because you are sick of paying him to be injured. Our team is showing fight and might and we need TC to help us move to the next level.

i used to think that way when we acquired him. i have grown tired of waiting for Connolly to stay healthy AND play up to his ability. unless he's a late bloomer and can endure 90+ games (exhibition and playoffs included), i don't see any reason to keep him. that's JMO.

OpIv37
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Connolly is an 8 out of 10 as far as NHL players go. But he's only available 30% of the time due to injuries.

Now, we could use his salary and cap room to bring in someone else- we might only be able to find a 6 or a 7 to replace him.

But what's more useful? a 6 or a 7 that's healthy 80%+ of the time, or an 8 that's only healthy 30% of the time?

I'll take the former.

mchurchfie
11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I say we play the always injured card with him and resign him to a lower contract for before he hits free agency. He is still an elite player who will probably be highly sought after when he becomes a FA. I'm still willing to take a chance on him overcoming the injury bug.

Typ0
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Connolly is an 8 out of 10 as far as NHL players go. But he's only available 30% of the time due to injuries.

Now, we could use his salary and cap room to bring in someone else- we might only be able to find a 6 or a 7 to replace him.

But what's more useful? a 6 or a 7 that's healthy 80%+ of the time, or an 8 that's only healthy 30% of the time?

I'll take the former.

the disagreement I have with this would only come if we were hurting for depth which we aren't. This team doesn't need any more 6 or 7 but it sure can make some use out of more 8s and 9s even if they aren't going to be available all the time.

Typ0
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I say we play the always injured card with him and resign him to a lower contract for before he hits free agency. He is still an elite player who will probably be highly sought after when he becomes a FA. I'm still willing to take a chance on him overcoming the injury bug.

I think that would be an ideal situation but unlikely because as you said he will garner the high salary in FA.

Typ0
11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
TC and MA are both wild cards. Too bad we lost tonight.