PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Rush?

trapezeus
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I didn't see the first game of the season, but i remember hearing about this being used at that game.

Is that going to help us get pressure on the QB at all? What is purpose of the sugar rush other than just confusing the blocking assignments?

yordad
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
What? Is that were they down some strong cool-aid at halftime?

trapezeus
11-05-2008, 04:14 PM
sugar rush was where the linemen stand up at the LOS and you can't tell who is going to drop into coverage and who's rushing. they may all come, or none will bring it, but it leaves the OL confused.

Maybe i got the terminology wrong. but if they used it in a game they won, maybe they want to go back to it during this losing streak where they are giving up yards by the boatload.

OpIv37
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
sugar rush was where the linemen stand up at the LOS and you can't tell who is going to drop into coverage and who's rushing. they may all come, or none will bring it, but it leaves the OL confused.

Maybe i got the terminology wrong. but if they used it in a game they won, maybe they want to go back to it during this losing streak where they are giving up yards by the boatload.

are you talking about the "creep" D that they used against the Cowboys last year? I hope not because "sugar rush" isn't even close.

trapezeus
11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
ok, it seems like i have no idea what i'm talking about. i thought i heard during the seahawks game that the bills used something called the sugar rush. which had all the dl men standing at the line of scrimmage and that it really confused the seahawk linemen.

but seeing that no one knows what this is, i think i got it wrong.

Oaf
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
No Trap, I know what you're talking about. The Pats did that a lot a few years back. I remember reading about it but then never seeing it. It certainly couldn't hurt. :::

yordad
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I know what D play your talking about now. I remember it working well in the Seahawks game and the Jets were using it last year too. I thought it worked well. In fact, the Jets forced Trent into an Int. with that defense.

Here is a vid of the Jets using it (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29305&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG8). It is the first play in the highlight.

Mahdi
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I didn't see the first game of the season, but i remember hearing about this being used at that game.

Is that going to help us get pressure on the QB at all? What is purpose of the sugar rush other than just confusing the blocking assignments?
Ya I have no idea why they dont use that defense more often. It was solid against the Boys last year. It not only creates a strong pass rush but its also great against the run. Barber and Jones were shut down that game and Romo was picked at least 3 times. Now we have even more talent at LB so Im not sure why we dont use it anymore.

VeggieMan14
11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
We did do this... i distinctly remember Marcus Stroud literally running over one of the O-linemen lol... :snicker: Never heard it called sugar rush but we did do that

SpillerThrills
11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Ya I have no idea why they dont use that defense more often. It was solid against the Boys last year. It not only creates a strong pass rush but its also great against the run. Barber and Jones were shut down that game and Romo was picked at least 3 times. Now we have even more talent at LB so Im not sure why we dont use it anymore.

that's probably why we're not using it... .cause it worked in a big game. I'm 100% behind this team win or lose, but there are some people on here that should be on suicide watch after a loss. no I'm not happy with a loss, but I know that this is a young team that is still learning. why the coaching staff isn't doing the stuff that works is beond me. Trent has had sucess on a "deep" ball with Evans, but we haven't seen that in like 3 weeks. the D has sucess against Dallas last year and earlier this season with the "sugar rush" or whatever you wanna call it.... but we don't see that anymore.... why not????

trapezeus
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
wow, so is it possible, we, as a board, all agree, "BRING BACK THE SUGAR RUSH!" even though we disagree on what the name of this defense is called?