PDA

View Full Version : What We Leared In Week 9 (Josh Reed related)

Coach Sal
11-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorry this is a bit late this week. I was doing my Civic Duty yesterday like many of you!

Anyway, we all realize the Bills have missed Josh Reed on offense the past 1.5 games. But, after doing a little more research, I didn't realize just HOW different the offense has been without him.

Here's it is:

http://www.salsports.com/week9WhatWeLearned.htm

SquishDaFish
11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
:clap:

DraftBoy
11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
What did I say about Thigpen weeks ago??

Hell make that two years ago...

Oaf
11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm liking these!

shelby
11-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks Coach.

gr8slayer
11-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Amazing how everyone is suddenly jumping on the Josh Reed bandwagon. Two years ago I said he was the best all-around WR on this team and people laughed. Now you're seeing just how important he really is to this football team.

He's the only WR on this pathetic team with the balls to go over the middle and take a hit, he's the only one that doesn't look for the out of bounds line right away, he's the only one who run blocks worth a damn, he's the only one who doesn't fall to the ground when a defender shows his face.

Coach Sal
11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Amazing how everyone is suddenly jumping on the Josh Reed bandwagon. Two years ago I said he was the best all-around WR on this team and people laughed. Now you're seeing just how important he really is to this football team.

He's the only WR on this pathetic team with the balls to go over the middle and take a hit, he's the only one that doesn't look for the out of bounds line right away, he's the only one who run blocks worth a damn, he's the only one who doesn't fall to the ground when a defender shows his face.

Before you strain your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back, why don't you check this out:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=151760&highlight=reed

Mr. Pink
11-06-2008, 09:26 AM

Agree completely and I was right there with you a couple years ago.

Best all around WR on the team, without question.

justasportsfan
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Been saying for years that Reed is underrated and underappreciated by bills fans. He may not put up big nos. but he's always been the safety net by either qb's.

The guy is a football player. Loves to tick off db's when he gets in their face. He's more physical than a lot of our defensive players. He even blocks better than some of our OL players. The only player on this team who consistenly does not play soft.

He doesn't say much like Whitner but he sure plays harder than anyone on this team.

gr8slayer
11-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Before you strain your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back, why don't you check this out:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=151760&highlight=reed

05-01-2008

You're a couple of years late hopping on the bandwagon. Many on the board felt that run blocking from WR's didn't amount to much. But it goes far deeper than simply being a good run blocker; Reed possesses multiple attributes that makes him a better WR than Evans, Hardy, Parrish, or any other WR on the team. I'm sure you are already well aware of that fact, but it is shocking how many simply don't get it.

Coach Sal
11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
You're a couple of years late hopping on the bandwagon.

Actually, I wasn't. I just didn't post here a few years ago.

I knew he was (and many still don't know he was) a converted RB at LSU. He was an excellent high school RB and was known at LSU for being a terrific blocker and runner after the catch because of his strength. He's always been a great blocker for his position at this level.

So, even though you are a lot bigger than me, you need to slide over a bit and make room because I've been driving that bandwagon with you for years on Reed.

And heck, there's always room for more in the back. No doubt many fans are starting to realize just how valuable he is as an all-around player because he's out of the lineup. Nothing wrong with that. Often people just don't know what they have untl it is gone.

madness
11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Nobody's jumping on the JR bandwagon. People are just realizing what a few of us have been saying for years.