PDA

View Full Version : Time for Edwards to Step Up

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
#1 Take care of the ball. If he inspires to be Brady or Manning, I haven't seen either one of them had a stretch of two games like that.

#2 Get better with Hardy. Both games, Hardy got open quite a bit and Trent could not get the ball to him.

Seriously on #2. That Cardinals game for Hardy was no fluke. Since that game, he continued to get open and beat his man, but freaking Edwards either wouldn't throw the ball to him or threw short, wrong side etc. That Jets game was the worst.

I really feel Hardy has taken a step forward. It's now Edwards' turn to make his step forward in this area.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2008, 12:12 PM
if he keeps screwing up, he'll find himself out the door with Lossman.

mchurchfie
11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
He would really help his cause if he would start developing a repoire with Hardy. First of all it would help Hardy's confidence immensely and secondly it would help our offense immensely to have a big target like that contributing. I think that Edwards is too careful and conservative with the ball to trust his receivers to go after it a little and with Hardy you have to let him go after the ball a little with his size.

Night Train
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
TE's had 9 catches for 100+ & 1TD last week. The turnovers killed us.

So keep throwing short to the TE's and RB's, setting up the Evans bomb. Roll Edwards out a little. This DL will kill him in a true pocket.

Jeff1220
11-06-2008, 12:26 PM
#1 Take care of the ball. If he inspires to be Brady or Manning, I haven't seen either one of them had a stretch of two games like that.

I understand what you're saying, but early on, they had their share of bad stretches too. Before the Pats game last week, Manning had a pretty bad stretch for 2-3 weeks. I remember a stretch of 3-4 games in '02 where Brady had at least 2 picks per game.
My point is, lets hope this was a little slump and he snaps out of it big time this week.

justasportsfan
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Trent should not hand off the ball to Lynch's thigh (or was it his leg) either. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
BEASTMODE needs to start playing up to his hype.

mchurchfie
11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Trent should not hand off the ball to Lynch's thigh (or was it his leg) either. :snicker:
Lynch should have been on the correct side of the play on that one.

thenry20
11-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Ya, he's making his All-Pro line look like chumps eh?

RedEyE
11-06-2008, 01:34 PM
It could be any number of reasons.

Hardy might not be making the right defensive reads, and adjusting to Trent which could be leasing to the coaching staff and Edwrds from throwing the ball his direction.

I also remember Hardy dropping at least 4 decent passes to him this season. Two of them in the endzone. And the 4th qrtr INT in the endzone last week could have gone either way. I know the ball was a little short, but hardy made no attempt to come back on it either.

justasportsfan
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Lynch should have been on the correct side of the play on that one.
na, it's easier to just blame the qb.

psubills62
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
But I thought HHurricane or whoever had watched Hardy and the guy sucks?

Seriously, I did see on the bb.com where they said Hardy had gotten open a couple times deep. I know he was actually used a decent amount as a deep WR at Indiana, and I'd like to see the Bills use him that way too, especially to help surprise some teams like the Pats.

Honestly, who do the Pats have that can cover Hardy? The guy is over half a foot taller than pretty much all of their CB's. I'd love to see that be his breakout game, but we've been hoping for it so long that I'm not expecting it.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM

i think he should change his name back to BillsIn05.

TacklingDummy
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
i think he should change his name back to BillsIn05.

He was easier to piss off back then.