PDA

View Full Version : Why Have Dick Jauron's Teams been so injury prone???

bigbub2352
11-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I dont know the reason
But i can tell you this, i have not seen a team so riddle with injuries the last 3 years like our team

It could be that DJ doesnt practice them hard enough in the training camp and preseason, they are not getting there bodies ready for the full 16 game seanson?

It could be we have drafted and signed a bunch of injury prone players?

It could be that after Russ left our strength and conditioning team has just not got the job done?

Also questionable calls on putting guys on IR and waiting around for them to heal just to have them have little or no impact cause they came back to early could be a major factor?

Sorry but it seems to me that this team is brittle, i know the arguements injuries happen every year, but ours the last 3 yrs have been at key positions, and we are more and more banged up after every game, just dont remmember it being like that
any thoughts?

RedEyE
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
It could all just be coincidental.

raphael120
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I dont know the reason
But i can tell you this, i have not seen a team so riddle with injuries the last 3 years like our team

It could be that DJ doesnt practice them hard enough in the training camp and preseason, they are not getting there bodies ready for the full 16 game seanson?

It could be that after Russ left our strength and conditioning team has just not got the job done?

Also questionable calls on putting guys on IR and waiting around for them to heal just to have them have little or no impact cause they came back to early could be a major factor?

Sorry but it seems to me that this team is brittle, i know the arguements injuries happen every year, but ours the last 3 yrs have been at key positions, and we are more and more banged up after every game, just dont remmember it being like that
any thoughts?

Look around the league man, injuries happen. Look at the Giants! They had 2 best DE's out and they're still playing well.

Jan Reimers
11-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Injuries were really significant for us last year, although most didn't appear to be lack-of-conditioning related. This year, I don't see our injuries as being any worse than anhy other team's, and not nearly as serious as some.

Saratoga Slim
11-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Injuries were really significant for us last year, although most didn't appear to be lack-of-conditioning related. This year, I don't see our injuries as being any worse than anhy other team's, and not nearly as serious as some.

Agreed. For example, last week, the Jets' injury report was similar in significane to ours.

psubills62
11-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Look around the league man, injuries happen. Look at the Giants! They had 2 best DE's out and they're still playing well.

Exactly. The Redskins had their two starting DE's injured the first day of training camp this year. Is that because they run a soft camp? Injuries have happened everywhere, not just with the Bills.

Oldbillsfan
11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
The number of injuries may be just because they play hard.

Crisis
11-06-2008, 02:45 PM
maybe not on the offensive line, but overall we're pretty undersized.

our lineman are just pussies.

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Our training staff sucks donkey balls.

mchurchfie
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Small fast defenses get hurt when they collide with big slow offenses.

bigbub2352
11-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I know injuries occur all over the league, just saying we have been dealing with alot since Russ left, and DJ and his staff took over,

The point is the last 3 yrs not just one single year

RedEyE
11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I know what your saying and completely understand your point.

I just can't say whether or not the Bills are more injury prone than most teams without some hard evidence or fact and right now I'm too damn lazy to look anything up.

Typ0
11-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Small fast defenses get hurt when they collide with big slow offenses.

I don't know about that church...I don't see us taking out a lot of defensive players and clearly we have the biggest and slowest offense on the planet.

madness
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Players play hard for Dick.

He's coached some piss poor teams in terms of talent level. So much that this year's team is the most talented team he's ever had and that's not saying much.

Don't get me wrong, what has been built so far is a good start but we've still got quite a way to go in terms of talent level.

raphael120
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Thurman Thomas is on WGR and he just talked about that and said he thinks it has ALOT to do with their trainer. Apparently the Bills old trainer now works for the Bears and everyone there say that under him they feel the best they ever have in their lives. So...take that for what it's worth...

shelby
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
raphael...your sig is freaking hysterical.
:rofl:

theanswer74
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
If its conditioning, NE is poorly conditioned.

Night Train
11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
NFL Network was showing all the teams around the league & their injuries. My immediate impression after reading the team by team listing was that most every team had at least as many players hurt as the Bills.

Injuries seem to be way up around the NFL.

bigbub2352
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
NFL Network was showing all the teams around the league & their injuries. My immediate impression after reading the team by team listing was that most every team had at least as many players hurt as the Bills.

Injuries seem to be way up around the NFL.

Maybe cause the players in this league play for paychecks now, and dont have the passion of the older players,
I truly think this is becoming a premadonna league

djjimkelly
11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I dont know the reason

any thoughts?

because our dick is soft

Nighthawk
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Injuries happen, but few other coaches use them as an excuse. Coaches are paid to coach the team and to put them in the best position to win. Well, it's time that Jauron did this.

streetkings01
11-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I think it's just the NFL in general.....these guys are alot softer than they were 10-15 years ago! Bunch of pussys!

Ebenezer
11-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Maybe cause the players in this league play for paychecks now, and dont have the passion of the older players,
I truly think this is becoming a premadonna league
How about the opposite. Players are in such "good" shape now that there isn't room for their bodies to be flexible, one. Two, they are in such good "shape" it makes them more of a "dangerous" object when flying around the field.

bigbub2352
11-07-2008, 01:06 PM
How about the opposite. Players are in such "good" shape now that there isn't room for their bodies to be flexible, one. Two, they are in such good "shape" it makes them more of a "dangerous" object when flying around the field.

How about salaries are too hi and the ignorance of most players in the league fueled by there agents keep football from being the way it is suppossed to be played

Gotta remember not only do they have top of the line training faculities they also have top of the line care

These guys are trying to not play hurt to prolong there careers with no care of there teams record or success