• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realdealryan
    realdealrex
    • Nov 2005

Denver making Quinn look good?

Terrible tackle to let Winslow in for his second TD (no complaints, I just put him in my starting lineup about :30 before kickoff...).

Brady didn't look good during their second drive, where they had to settle for a field goal.

I hope that I am wrong, and a Denver defensive player shows up, but I have a feeling that by the time this game is over, Brady Quinn will have 11 days to feel like he is friggin Joe Montana. 17 points already.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Denver making Quinn look good?

well Denver's doing him a lot of favors but trust me- Quinn is good. I watched his entire career at ND and the dude can flat out play.

Granted, when he plays us it will only be his 2nd NFL start and he may struggle, but our D isn't exactly stellar and our secondary is banged up. It'll be an interesting matchup.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      well Denver's doing him a lot of favors but trust me- Quinn is good. I watched his entire career at ND and the dude can flat out play.

Granted, when he plays us it will only be his 2nd NFL start and he may struggle, but our D isn't exactly stellar and our secondary is banged up. It'll be an interesting matchup.
      Growing up in South Bend, I still pay attention to the Irish (right now.....ugh), and watched Quinn the whole time, and I was worried at times about his accuracy on medium-to-long throws, but after watching him for a short time tonight that seems nitpicky, and I worry about a confident Brady coming to Buffalo. He throws a couple more touchdowns and the media is going to afterbirth all over him.

Comment

• Coach Sal
        • Aug 2006

I watched him real close last night. And although he threw good passes and "looked good," the fact is that almost every single throw was a first-read, usually a 3-step drop (sometimes 5) and he got it out as soon as his foot hit the ground.

If the throw wasn't like that, they were rolling him out of the pocket and having him throw to the TE or RB in the flat.

I'm not trying to take anything away from his performance. He did a good job. But the Browns coaches really simplified the game plan and gave him a ton of high-precentage throws.

I'm not worried at all about him next week. It will be a much, much different situation in Buffalo on a Monday Night trying to handle the crowd noise and stay in that rhythm. We should be able to handle him. However, I am a bit concerned about the Winslow matchup for us with that sort of plan from the Browns.
        Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
        And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37

I'm not doubting that Quinn could be very good and may even give us fits, but Leinart could flat out play in college. So could Danny Wuerfell. But then again so could all the greats. He looked decent last night, especially for a guy who had 2 days or so to prepare. Denver's D certainly did help too.

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer a young, unknown to play against vs. an up-and-down (mostly down this year) Derek Anderson, who we KNOW can sling it around if he gets hot.

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

PFT had a blurb about his performance:

Another source, with the benefit of reflecting on the entire game, offered a less optimistic assessment.

“I thought they had shackles on him,” the source said. “What was his longest pass? Ten yards.”

And focusing on short passes could create a real problem.

“The way he played,” the source said, “[Braylon] Edwards is going to flip because all the passes will go to [Kellen] Winslow, [Steve] Heiden, and the backs. Teams with good defenses won’t fear that attack.”

Winslow had 10 catches for 110 yards and two touchdowns. Edwards, in contrast, had one reception, for only 15 yards.

“I question his overall passing ability,” the source said. “There were a lot of ducks. That’s OK for short stuff. Those same ducks get picked or miss the mark downfield.”

Comment

Working...
            X