PDA

View Full Version : AFC East Remaining Schedules

patmoran2006
11-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Here are the second half schedules for our division. Dont see one team having a clear advantage over any other. Each team has exactly four "home" games and four road games left. Non divisional highlights include the Jets at Tennessee and NE at home vs both Pitt and Arizona. This definitely looks like its going to come down to head-to-head play, so I'd suggest the Bills get their head out their ass pretty soon in divisional games.

Miami Dolphins
Seattle
Oakland
New England
@ St. Louis
@ Buffalo
San Fran
@ Kansas City
@ NY JEts

New YOrk Jets
St. Louis
@ New England
@ TEnnessee
Denver
@ San Fran
Buffalo
@ Seattle
Miami

New England Patriots
Buffalo
NY Jets
@ Miami
Pittsburgh
@ Seattle
@ Oakland
Arizona
@ BUffalo

Buffalo Bills
@ New England
Cleveland (monday)
@ KC
San Fran
Miami
@ NY Jets
@ Denver
New England

SquishDaFish
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Nice posting Pat

BlackMetalNinja
11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I think we need to go at least 5-3, with 3 divisional wins to be in serious consideration at this point.

Buffalogic
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Let's just say f**k it and win out!!

jlruss90
11-07-2008, 02:27 PM
This weeks game is huge..this could spring us on a big win streak..just what this team needs, a big road win. I agree lets just win out.

jimbohastle51
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
we are still in good shape uless we lose sunday. if we go 0-3 in our division to start i dont care if we finish 10-6 because we wont win our division and we wont get in. the steelers, titans, and the division winner from the west are going to get in so that leaves our division winner (which wont be us if we go 0-3 to start it) and 2 wildcard teams. the things we have going for us though are if jax and SD are there still at the end we will have the advantage over them because of the 2 wins we got against them. should be a very interesting year. hopefully trent puts the team on his back this week and gets us a win and everything i just said doesnt matter because we are 6-3 and not 5-4 :)

Ed
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd say Miami has it the easiest. Seattle, Oakland, St. Louis, San Fran and KC? That's 5 of the 7 worst teams in the league right there.

patmoran2006
11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
we are still in good shape uless we lose sunday. if we go 0-3 in our division to start i dont care if we finish 10-6 because we wont win our division and we wont get in. the steelers, titans, and the division winner from the west are going to get in so that leaves our division winner (which wont be us if we go 0-3 to start it) and 2 wildcard teams. the things we have going for us though are if jax and SD are there still at the end we will have the advantage over them because of the 2 wins we got against them. should be a very interesting year. hopefully trent puts the team on his back this week and gets us a win and everything i just said doesnt matter because we are 6-3 and not 5-4 :)
id almost be willing to bet a large sum of money that 10-6 WILL get in the playoffs, even if we end up 2-4 in our division.

I dont think anyone other than Baltimore has a chance to win 10 games outside the AFCE. If we lose either NE or the Jets wins the division, and they would both have to win 10 games, PLUS Baltimore would have to win 10, and I dont think thats going to happen.

I respect Miami, I just dont think they are a 10 win team THIS year.

Not saying the Bills are either.. Hell, the way we looked the past few weeks we could end up 7-9. Im just saying 10 wins gets us in the playoffs.

raphael120
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice post Pat.

Some Bills fans tend to forget that while the rest of our schedule looks easy, it's just as easy for the rest of our division.

jimbohastle51
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
i could see 10 wins getting us in, but i would hope we at WORST split our division 3-3 so 10 wins almost garantees playoffs and not 2-4 or 1-5 and we are all watching 6 games a weekend biting nails praying for teams to lose. (even though we always want our division to lose it doesnt always go that way)

TacklingDummy
11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Miami could win 9 games.

feldspar
11-08-2008, 02:07 AM
I'd say Miami has it the easiest. Seattle, Oakland, St. Louis, San Fran and KC? That's 5 of the 7 worst teams in the league right there.

Absolutely exactly what I was going to say. Those are games they should win.

Also, they are already 2-1 in the division, only having lost to the Jets by 6 points...so it's not like they can't handle their harder games, which are all in the division, either.

Hopefully the Rams play them (and the Jets) with the same spark they showed in a few games this year and Mike Singletary goes full-Monty at half-time.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I respect Miami, I just dont think they are a 10 win team THIS year.

Miami Dolphins
Seattle - W
Oakland - W
New England - ?
@ St. Louis - W
@ Buffalo - ?
San Fran - W
@ Kansas City - W
@ NY JEts - ?

They should be heavily favored in 5 of their remaining games. Winning those "should wins" puts them at 9-7. They need to win one of their remaining division games. They have already beaten NE and the Bills. Even though they are at home, I'm not sure they'll sweep the Pats. The home loss to the Jets was killer.

IMO, the most likely win is @Buffalo because the game is in Toronto and weather will not be a factor. The 12th man will just not be there to the same degree as in Buffalo. The Bills may end up screwing themselves by picking the Fins game to be in Toronto.

Buffalo Bills
@ New England - L
Cleveland (monday) - W
@ KC - W
San Fran - W
Miami - ?
@ NY Jets - ?
@ Denver = ?
New England - ?

The "should win" games for the Bills puts them at 8 wins. Their last 4 games are very tough. They need to win at least 2 of those games. If they lose to Miami and the Jets and beat Den and NE, they finish 10-6. The AFCE may be decided by tie breakers.

billogic99
11-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Miami Dolphins
Seattle - W
Oakland - W
New England - ?
@ St. Louis - W
@ Buffalo - ?
San Fran - W
@ Kansas City - W
@ NY JEts - ?

They should be heavily favored in 5 of their remaining games. Winning those "should wins" puts them at 9-7. They need to win one of their remaining division games. They have already beaten NE and the Bills. Even though they are at home, I'm not sure they'll sweep the Pats. The home loss to the Jets was killer.

IMO, the most likely win is @Buffalo because the game is in Toronto and weather will not be a factor. The 12th man will just not be there to the same degree as in Buffalo. The Bills may end up screwing themselves by picking the Fins game to be in Toronto.

Buffalo Bills
@ New England - L
Cleveland (monday) - W
@ KC - W
San Fran - W
Miami - ?
@ NY Jets - ?
@ Denver = ?
New England - ?

The "should win" games for the Bills puts them at 8 wins. Their last 4 games are very tough. They need to win at least 2 of those games. If they lose to Miami and the Jets and beat Den and NE, they finish 10-6. The AFCE may be decided by tie breakers.

I think Miami goes south a little bit, finishes the season with 7-8 wins at most.

HughC
11-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I just noticed the next three games for New England are all against AFC East teams. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but how they do in their next three games is going to be huge as far as what happens in the division this year.

feldspar
11-08-2008, 03:16 PM
The AFCE may be decided by tie breakers.

It's definitely looking like that right now.

It reminds me of 2002. The AFC East ended the year with three teams at 9-7 and one team only one game behind at 8-8. Of course the Bills were the ones at 8-8, and everyone else was 9-7. New England and the Jets were tied with the best division record at 4-2, and they split the games played against each other...so it went down to at least the third tiebreaker, which the Jets won. In the end, the Jets were the only ones from the division to go to the playoffs at all. 9-7 wasn't good enough for a wildcard.

The division record is going to be huge this year.

Billsfan3
11-08-2008, 04:37 PM
We need to win the divison games because the tiebreakers for the wildcard go by divison record.