X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

THHHATS's ALL FOLKS!!!

I'm pretty sure this is the end of our seaon this weekend and I'm willing to put all of my zonebucks on it.

Too many injuries and not enough depth at DE and the O-line.

This just sucks, again.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: THHHATS's ALL FOLKS!!!

You are on!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

there's no such thing as a sure bet in the NFL.

But an NE victory this weekend is as close as it gets to a sure thing. And a third division loss basically destroys any hope we have at winning the division and puts us in a difficult dogfight for a wild-card.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Then I look at the next 3 - Cleveland, KC & SanFran - and I see 2-1 or 3-0 in those games..so who knows ?

I'm just rooting for the wildcard anyhow. The schedule is what it is.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

But an NE victory this weekend is as close as it gets to a sure thing. And a third division loss basically destroys any hope we have at winning the division and puts us in a difficult dogfight for a wild-card.
          NE has problems too man. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I agree the Pats will probably win I won't be blown away if the Bills pull it out.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            NE has problems too man. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I agree the Pats will probably win I won't be blown away if the Bills pull it out.
            I'll be shocked if the Bills pull this one out. While NE is nowhere near as good as they were last year, they're still executing better than Buffalo, they're still playing at home and they still have Bellicheck. The Bills have been playing poorly and are now riddled with injuries.

A Bills victory would be a HUGE upset.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Really? As close as it gets? You mean that if you had a choice between NE beating Buffalo and ANY other game this year (KC @ San Diego, Carolina @ Oakland, and those are just games from this week), you'd bet on NE?

Let me just throw a couple stats your way. We all know that the games are won and lost in the trenches. Two things that Bills fans have really complained about this year are 1) sacks given up by the O-line (23) and 2) sacks by our defense (13).

Well, the Patriots have given up 29 sacks this year. You can say it's because of Cassel, but there's no way you can blame every single one on Cassel. Heck, the Chiefs have 4 sacks on the year - two of them came in their game against New England.

The Patriots also have 14 sacks on defense this year. So they've only got one more sack on defense than us, and they've given up 6 more sacks than our O-line has. Does that sound like they'll dominate us?

Compare that to our last two opponents: the Jets and Dolphins COMBINED have given up 31 sacks this year, just two more than the Pats have given up. The Jets and Dolphins have also combined for 47 sacks on the year.

So both of the teams we lost to are significantly better in the trenches than the Pats have been. Not to mention that we've been in each game, and that's after having a combined -5 turnover differential in those two games. I'm surprised we lost by only single digits in each game.

I think the Bills will surprise people this week. They probably won't win, but it will be a LOT closer than most people, especially Bills fans, realize.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                Really? As close as it gets? You mean that if you had a choice between NE beating Buffalo and ANY other game this year (KC @ San Diego, Carolina @ Oakland, and those are just games from this week), you'd bet on NE?

Let me just throw a couple stats your way. We all know that the games are won and lost in the trenches. Two things that Bills fans have really complained about this year are 1) sacks given up by the O-line (23) and 2) sacks by our defense (13).

Well, the Patriots have given up 29 sacks this year. You can say it's because of Cassel, but there's no way you can blame every single one on Cassel. Heck, the Chiefs have 4 sacks on the year - two of them came in their game against New England.

The Patriots also have 14 sacks on defense this year. So they've only got one more sack on defense than us, and they've given up 6 more sacks than our O-line has. Does that sound like they'll dominate us?

Compare that to our last two opponents: the Jets and Dolphins COMBINED have given up 31 sacks this year, just two more than the Pats have given up. The Jets and Dolphins have also combined for 47 sacks on the year.

So both of the teams we lost to are significantly better in the trenches than the Pats have been. Not to mention that we've been in each game, and that's after having a combined -5 turnover differential in those two games. I'm surprised we lost by only single digits in each game.

I think the Bills will surprise people this week. They probably won't win, but it will be a LOT closer than most people, especially Bills fans, realize.
                I would ABSOLUTELY take NE over ANY of those games.

The Cards were prone to giving up sacks. How many sacks did we get against them? Right, ZERO.

And you totally neglected our lack of a running game. That will force us into passing situations and give NE more opportunities to get sacks. Does it guarantee they'll get them? No, but it at least partially negates their lack of pass rush. They'll have plenty of opportunities to go balls-out after Edwards.

And you totally neglected the injuries to the OL. We're down to our 3rd string guard and we benched our starting center.

They're not going to put up 50 like they did last year, but don't be surprised if they put up 30+.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Who cares whether we lose 10-9 or 45-3? A loss is a loss and if we continue our trend on Sunday, you can kiss the division goodbye.

How the **** do we go 0-3 our first time through the divisional play? This better not happen.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

I would ABSOLUTELY take NE over ANY of those games.

The Cards were prone to giving up sacks. How many sacks did we get against them? Right, ZERO.

And you totally neglected our lack of a running game. That will force us into passing situations and give NE more opportunities to get sacks. Does it guarantee they'll get them? No, but it at least partially negates their lack of pass rush. They'll have plenty of opportunities to go balls-out after Edwards.

And you totally neglected the injuries to the OL. We're down to our 3rd string guard and we benched our starting center.

They're not going to put up 50 like they did last year, but don't be surprised if they put up 30+.
                    The Cards were prone to giving up sacks? They've given up 16 this whole year. The only reason you're saying that is because 5 of those sacks came the game before we played them.

Totally neglected the lack of a running game? Do I have to continue this argument with you. ONE TIME that our running game gets 30 yards, and suddenly our running game is horrible? Do you remember that they got 100+ yards on Miami's D, which is much better than NE's (they're giving up 105 yards per game rushing)? It's amazing to me how you can just assume we won't be able to run the ball against New England.

We benched our starting center because he sucks. Preston's worst game was against the Jets, but Jenkins is twice the NT that Wilfork is right now, and Preston has done well otherwise.

I'm finding a trend in these arguments. All you ever concentrate on is the games we lost. I keep giving you stats from all of our games, but you only look at the games we lost. It's true, we may have played bad teams in our wins, but it's not like the only applicable stats are the ones from our losses.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I'll be shocked if the Bills pull this one out. While NE is nowhere near as good as they were last year, they're still executing better than Buffalo, they're still playing at home and they still have Bellicheck. The Bills have been playing poorly and are now riddled with injuries.

A Bills victory would be a HUGE upset.
                      Why?
                      What does NE have that makes them far superior?
                      They dont have a starting QB, RB, S and other guys missing.. So they have as much injury problems (more counting Brady)

They have been smacked by SD and Miami this year already..

A lot of their guys on defense are getting old, and their OL is WORSE than ours with pass blocking (if thats even possible)

We can win this game, I wouldnt call it a huge upset, and going by the 3.5 line, either do oddsmakers.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

another *****ing thread with no point....what a surprise....

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                          • Feb 2008

Im beginning just to laugh at what you write. Im not talking about this post specifically but you have been saying we suck ever since we were 4-0.

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I'm pretty sure this is the end of our seaon this weekend and I'm willing to put all of my zonebucks on it.

Too many injuries and not enough depth at DE and the O-line.

This just sucks, again.
                            Where'd all the big talk about our new Messiah Edwards go?

I say we WIN, you say we lose, and neither opinion make's a difference.
                            It's what's in the heart's of our players, GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              another *****ing thread with no point....what a surprise....
                              Donte Whitner guaranteed playoffs. The team basically said this was a put up or shut up year. Dick Jauron said that short of playoffs would be a disappointment.

We sit Crowell for the year, extend Jauron, and run the same D for the last 3 years.

The point of the thread is that there is little reason to keep investing time in this organization if they can't put a winner on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X