• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Coaching Advantage?

It really bothers me that people consistently say that we'll lose this weekend because Belichick is a better coach than Jauron.

I agree with the premise, that Belichick IS a better coach. But since when does the better coach always win? Is rookie coach Tony Sparano better than Belichick, since his team slaughtered the Pats at home? No.

Do the Pats have a psychological edge? Yes. But I just don't understand why people say that we'll lose simply because Jauron isn't as good a coach as Belichick. If we lose, it will be for more reasons than that, like turnovers.

I honestly believe that Jauron hasn't necessarily cost us the last couple of games. It's true that he made some bad challenges and maybe some bad decisions (going for it on the 4th and 1, etc.), but I didn't see any that cost us the game necessarily. The players had really bad execution and terrible mistakes.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Coaching Advantage?

In another thread, you just said that you expect the Bills to keep it close.

In a close game, one bad coaching decision can make a huge difference. Wrong coverage on D, failure to go for it or failure to convert on 4th and 1 in opponents' territory (remember that little snafu?), wasted time-out or ill-advised challenge so the TO's aren't available late in the game, bad special teams gamble, lack of 2nd half adjustments, drive-killing penalties- any ONE of those things can cost a team a close game. And our coaching staff has done all of them over the course of the last year or so.

If you are right and it's a close game, one bad coaching decision can be the difference. And that definitely gives NE the edge.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

The Pats without Brady and their injuries are slightly better than us talent-wise with consideration to our injuries IMO.
      They have home field advantage.
      They also have superior coaches.
      Therefore, unless something unexpected happens, we "should" lose. Honestly, all I got to root for is

A. Any given Sunday
      B. OLine starts to block
      C. DLine starts to rush

If we get ABC (unlikely but hey), we will win. As turk made it clear, our pass blocking has cost us many opportunities downfield so its not just our horrid run game that's the problem with our OLine. DLine-wise, we're crappy enough with Schobel. Kelsay has become one of my least favorite players on the team.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
        In another thread, you just said that you expect the Bills to keep it close.

In a close game, one bad coaching decision can make a huge difference. Wrong coverage on D, failure to go for it or failure to convert on 4th and 1 in opponents' territory (remember that little snafu?), wasted time-out or ill-advised challenge so the TO's aren't available late in the game, bad special teams gamble, lack of 2nd half adjustments, drive-killing penalties- any ONE of those things can cost a team a close game. And our coaching staff has done all of them over the course of the last year or so.

If you are right and it's a close game, one bad coaching decision can be the difference. And that definitely gives NE the edge.
        You're absolutely right. I may not have made it clear, but it bothers me when that's ALL people use to conclude that we'll lose.

I think Jauron has made some bad decisions lately. But if you remember, he had one of the best success percentages on challenges last year. He's made bad decisions this year, but he does have a history of doing well on challenges.

A couple comments: how can you blame the failure to convert a 4th and 1 on Jauron? I can see how you'd blame him for saying to go for it instead of kicking the FG, but isn't the execution the players' responsibility?
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

I'll give you the main reason we'll lose:

TEDY BRUSCHI!

Comment

• El Guapo
            • May 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
            I'll give you the main reason we'll lose:

TEDY BRUSCHI!
            Jesus in cleats....
            A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

Working...
            X