• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Man, I used to think I was the resident pessimist

I can't get believe how people are ready to pack in the season if we lose Sunday.

I want to win Sunday, but if we lose, the season is FAR from over.

Is anyone telling me that we can't beat Cleveland, KC, freegin SF and Miami (at home*) to get to 9-4, even if we lose to the Pats?

WTF.. If anyone on this board told you in JULY if we could be 5-4 after nine games, 95% of you woulda JUMPED on it.

yes, the injuries are starting to hurt. But we're not the only team in the NFL with them.

Bottom line: WE cant run the ball, we cant sack the QB, yet if we dont commit seven TO's in the last 2 games we're probably 7-1, certainly no worse than 6-2.

Trent will get his **** together, and i think even the OL will start to play better (cant get any worse).. I think Chambers starting at RG might end up as a blessing in disguise.

At any rate.. Jesus Christ man. Relax a little bit. I'm usually (besides OP) the biggest pessimist around here, and I even think we're not in dire straits, even if we lose Sunday. In fact, as much as I want to win, I'm looking at how certain guys play as much as the score.. That will tell you a lot.

Lots of football left.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Man, I used to think I was the resident pessimist

OMG....WE AGREE!!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• im4bflo
      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
      • Sep 2003

I've never counted the BILLS out of any game, we're the team with the
      Greatest Comeback Ever in the NFL, Thank You very much!
      "That's why we play the game's", "No one circles the wagon's like the BUFFALO BILLS!" "Anyone can beat anyone, on any given Sunday" ring any bell's?
      GO BILLS!!!
      Everyone else, Eat my Dust!

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

The only mistake is that Miami is not realy a home game. Other than that I 100000000000000000000000000000000% agree with you.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

5-4 doesn't sound good. Especially considering we would be last in the division. The Bills injured players are very key players. Crowell, Schobel, Whitner, Reed, Youboty.....
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I've never once gotten over excited about the fast start, or over-depressed about the mini-slide the Bills are on. They are 5-3 at the halfway point, and all they have to do is go 5-3 the rest of the way to give themselves a very good shot at making the post season.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                • Mar 2004

losing4out5 games dosent sound good but i agree the season wont be over if we lose but i dont no if this team can come back from that

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

You had me at..
                  Originally posted by patmoran2006

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I guess it's how you look at it really...but if we lost on Sunday the season is much, much closer to being over. So you can say right now, today the season being over is far away...but if we lost on Sunday it will be that much closer.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

the real tale is if we win on sunday it will be the same.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

I can't get believe how people are ready to pack in the season if we lose Sunday.

Is anyone telling me that we can't beat Cleveland, KC, freegin SF and Miami (at home*) to get to 9-4, even if we lose to the Pats?

WTF.. If anyone on this board told you in JULY if we could be 5-4 after nine games, 95% of you woulda JUMPED on it.

yes, the injuries are starting to hurt. But we're not the only team in the NFL with them.

Bottom line: WE cant run the ball, we cant sack the QB, yet if we dont commit seven TO's in the last 2 games we're probably 7-1, certainly no worse than 6-2.

Trent will get his **** together, and i think even the OL will start to play better (cant get any worse).. I think Chambers starting at RG might end up as a blessing in disguise.

At any rate.. Jesus Christ man. Relax a little bit. I'm usually (besides OP) the biggest pessimist around here, and I even think we're not in dire straits, even if we lose Sunday. In fact, as much as I want to win, I'm looking at how certain guys play as much as the score.. That will tell you a lot.

Lots of football left.
                        Completely agree. IMO, people assume that if we go 0-3 in the division at first, we'll automatically go 0-6.

The losses have been disappointing, but there's no reason to just ignore the fact that we have won 5 games.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

If they lose Sunday, they will have lost 4 out of 5.

How is the season not over?
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Completely agree. IMO, people assume that if we go 0-3 in the division at first, we'll automatically go 0-6.

The losses have been disappointing, but there's no reason to just ignore the fact that we have won 5 games.
                            not really....the fact is if we go 0-3 the likelihood increases that we will lose 4 games within the division. Losing 4 games in the division is the end of our road unless another team in our division loses 5 or more games. Nice try but losing this week is the end of the road for us. In your scenario where we lost the Fins have us beat down and they are in last place in the division right now.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              If they lose Sunday, they will have lost 4 out of 5.

How is the season not over?

it's not the losing streak but the fact that a winning streak isn't going to make a difference. Hockey season approaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X