PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Bills Game in recent memory?

UltimateBillsFan
11-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes you can raise the argument that if the Bills lose this Sunday they still will be above .500 and have plenty of games left to play but I totally disagree. First of all, if we lose this Sunday that will make three divisional losses in three straight games. Four losses in the past five games. That would not be good at all and all momentum will totally be swinging in the opposite direction. Second of all, if the Bills come into this game all lackadaisical like in the past few weeks that shows me that this team cannot get mentally prepared or pumped up for a game. if you can't get pumped up for this game, then you shouldn't be near any sporting contest, let alone an NFL field. I think this game will show us what Trent really is made of. Can he forget the past two weeks and come out like he did against San Diego? Can the O-Line begin blocking better for Marshawn and Fred (and Trent)? Can we ever beat New England? Can we beat a divisional opponent on the road, or period? Yes, you might say this season's far from over, but to me this is the most important game this season for the Bills. It's time for this team to prove if they are contenders or pretenders.

Mitchell55
11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes you can raise the argument that if the Bills lose this Sunday they still will be above .500 and have plenty of games left to play but I totally disagree. First of all, if we lose this Sunday that will make three divisional losses in three straight games. Four losses in the past five games. That would not be good at all and all momentum will totally be swinging in the opposite direction. Second of all, if the Bills come into this game all lackadaisical like in the past few weeks that shows me that this team cannot get mentally prepared or pumped up for a game. if you can't get pumped up for this game, then you shouldn't be near any sporting contest, let alone an NFL field. I think this game will show us what Trent really is made of. Can he forget the past two weeks and come out like he did against San Diego? Can the O-Line begin blocking better for Marshawn and Fred (and Trent)? Can we ever beat New England? Can we beat a divisional opponent on the road, or period? Yes, you might say this season's far from over, but to me this is the most important game this season for the Bills. It's time for this team to prove if they are contenders or pretenders.

How about the Cleveland game last year. That meant more than this game.

UltimateBillsFan
11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes I believe Cleveland last year was a huge game, but I don't believe even if we would have made the playoffs that we would have made it past the wild-card rounds. I however believe that if we can restore the play that we had in the first four weeks (and San Diego) of the season, we could really do some damage in the playoffs. That's why I find this game so important because it's going to tell us if the 4-0 Bills were the real Bills or if they were just a fluke.

Mitchell55
11-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Yes I believe Cleveland last year was a huge game, but I don't believe even if we would have made the playoffs that we would have made it past the wild-card rounds. I however believe that if we can restore the play that we had in the first four weeks (and San Diego) of the season, we could really do some damage in the playoffs. That's why I find this game so important because it's going to tell us if the 4-0 Bills were the real Bills or if they were just a fluke.

This game is more of a mental game for us than a win your in, lose your out game. The reason I say Cleveland was a bigger game was because it was in the snow, a big time rivalry, both were fighting for the same thing, and whoever lost was completely kicked out. This game we still have a chance. But still, its a very big game and im lookin forward to it.

UltimateBillsFan
11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah definitely man. I totally see where your coming from. Cleveland was a big game and so is this The bottom line is that we've got to show that we can win big games. Sunday from 1-4 is going to be great and I'm not leaving the couch. unless it's for chicken wings during halftime.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Bills vs.Titians was the last big Bills game.

Did you see Robo run without his shoe?

UltimateBillsFan
11-07-2008, 10:27 PM
All i can remember is Robo holding onto the ball ten times longer than JP.

yordad
11-08-2008, 08:46 AM
The spanking we took in the home game Vs. the Steelers third teamers in the season final a few years back. I know, I tried to forget about it too.