PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Power Rankings

shelby
11-08-2008, 05:41 AM
RS had these ready on Tuesday, but i was busy voting and didn't see them...sorry y'all.

Another week, another set of rankings. Week 9, in football terms, was positively Hellish. I never would've thought I'd be sitting here in November and my Miami Hurricanes would have more wins than the Buffalo Bills. The Bills have picked the absolute worst time for a slump. I'm not going to get too worried, though, because they still control their own destiny, and after this huge New England game they have quite a few winnable games. The funny thing about this is, I predicted the Bills' record game by game before the season and had them at 5-3, yet I was much more optimistic about that 5-3 than I am about the current 5-3.

There are a few teams in the rankings that keep jumping up and down between spots. I move them up because they look good, then they lose, so I bump them down, then they get bumped right back up. However, things are starting to fall into place with some teams, which makes this a bit easier. My “Jacksonville is finished” pick a few weeks ago is looking pretty good right now, as they effectively did their part to ruin my dream of a 0-16 team, so now I have to depend on the Lions to get this done.

1. Tennessee Titans (1): Yes, it was a close game in OT against the Packers, but the really good teams always have close games. The difference between the pretenders and contenders is that the contenders, like Tennessee, win those games. I know I don’t need to do this, but I can remind everyone how New England won plenty of close games last season if people want to dispute this fact.

2. New York Giants (2): In the most predictable outcome of Week 9, the Giants trashed the reeling Cowboys. I found it pretty impressive that Eli Manning only had a handful of passing attempts in the second half, and they still won by such a large margin.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (4): The Steelers won a pretty big game on the road against a pretty good team. They are due to slip if Big Ben misses any large amount of time, because Byron Leftwich is not the answer for Pittsburgh.

4. Carolina Panthers (5): The Panthers move up, even though they were on a bye. They are getting stronger as the season goes on, and the late season bye will only help them get better.

5. Washington Redskins (3): Washington didn’t do their part to keep pace with the Giants in the NFC East. When they get those earlier scoring opportunities in a big game, they have to get more than two field goals. However, for a person with the Redskins kicker on his fantasy team and down by 10 points going into MNF, I thank the inept Redskins offense.

more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/11/08/week_10_power_rankings.php)

billogic99
11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Right now, the Bills are not the 13th best team in the league...sorry.

shelby
11-08-2008, 10:06 AM
What number are they, in your opinion?

billogic99
11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
What number are they, in your opinion?

The way they've played, especially the last 2 weeks around 20. With that said, they could turn around and have a nice three or four game stretch and be right back in the top 10.

TacklingDummy
11-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd move the Bills to 19 and everyone from 14,15,16,17,18,19 up one. IMO the Bills couldn't beat any of those teams right now.