• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

NE All Kinds of Banged Up Too

Found this in the Bflo News noteboook section, and of course this doesnt even count Brady and Harrison..

"The Patriots have plenty of injuries, as well. Running back Sammy Morris (knee) is doubtful. His replacement, LaMont Jordan (calf), is questionable and was not able to practice a second straight day. It appears he will miss the game. Cornerback Terrence Wheatley (wrist) is out. Cornerback Ellis Hobbs (shoulder) is questionable. Nose tackle Vince Wilfork (toe) is questionable. "

Wow.. The way DT has totally owned our OL the past few weeks, that would be monsterous if Wilfork can't play. Ellis is anothe big injury.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • HughC
    • Mar 2008

Re: NE All Kinds of Banged Up Too

From what I've read, Wilfork will be playing. I'm sure he and their coaches took note of what Kris Jenkins did last week.

Where NE is thin is at RB - they're down to a 3rd-down back (Kevin Faulk) and practice team player (BenJarvus Green-Ellis) with Laurence Maroney on IR, and Sammy Morris and LaMont Jordan have been out for several weeks.

More notably is what has happened in their secondary. At safety Rodney Harrison is on IR and another safety (I forget his name) that was going to start went on IR in pre-season as I recall. At corner Terrence Wheatley is out, his backup Lewis Sanders is doubtful, and don't forget they lost Asante Samuel to free agency in the off season. That's why they had to sign Webster this week.

I would think they would focus on Evans, probably double teaming him all day, so it's up to Hardy and Parrish to exploit their matchups on NE's backups.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Even if Wilfork did play, their D-line hasn't been as good this year. They're allowing 105 rushing yards per game, they've only got 14 sacks on the season (one more than we have), and they didn't register a single sack last week against a beat-up O-line with a couple rookies playing.

I see our O-line stepping up more this week, similar to the San Diego game. Their secondary is the key...Wheatley is out, Hobbs could be out. Edwards threw for 289 yards against the Jets with no running game and no Reed, and the Jets have decent corners in Revis and Lowery.

The Pats have no corners, little pass rush, and not even close to as good of a run D as the Jets have. I see our offense performing a lot better this coming week, provided they have fewer than two turnovers.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

What about the D? We're looking at starting Ryan Denney, Ko Simpson, Bryan Scott and maybe Jon Corto, with McKelvin at nickel back. They have no injuries to their receivers, so injured RB or not, they will use the pass to set up the run the way they usually do.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HughC
          • Mar 2008

True, yet in spite of that they are 9th in points allowed, 18.8 per game. Maybe they're not blitzing in order to keep more players back in coverage to help out their corners?

Comment

• evol4276
            • Oct 2005

whoa i must be slow.. when the hell did they get lamont jordan?

Comment

• HughC
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by evol4276
              whoa i must be slow.. when the hell did they get lamont jordan?
              They signed him the day he cleared waivers after Oakland cut him in training camp. Al Davis went nuts because he supposedly had an agreement with Jordan's agent that he wouldn't sign with either the Broncos or Pats.

Comment

Working...
              X