PDA

View Full Version : Hardys not the problem

Mitchell55
11-08-2008, 11:28 PM
We still have no idea how good Hardy is, this shows that he was wide open 2 times for TDs but Trent didnt get the ball there. He is obviously getting open, not to mention how big he is, he will be a force sooner or later.

Here is what turk had to say on it:
On the defenses crowding the line:
We had (James) Hardy twice deep, one maybe two touchdowns, didn’t get the ball off, we got pressured. We take shots, we call them, but they might not get thrown because we don’t protect it long enough and that is what happened. First play of the game Hardy beat his guy, it was a double move on a safety and we had him, but we had to dump it off to Marshawn (Lynch). We had another one in the corner of the endzone that we had to dump off to Corey (McIntyre) because we got pressure. People don’t see that. They look at numbers and think they don’t throw the ball downfield. They don’t do this, they don’t do that. If you sat there and watched that game and understood football you would know what I am talking about. We could go through it and you guys would go, wow, you guys had a lot of things going for you that didn’t materialize. I know everyone was saying James didn’t catch any balls, but he beat his guy. He had a couple mental errors, but he beat his guy, but he didn’t get the ball. That’s just sometimes how the game goes.

Here is a link to the entire interview with Turk: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=94300 (http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=94300)

WagonCircler
11-09-2008, 12:29 AM
We don't take shots because Captain Checkdown is afraid to throw up passes that look like punts every time those shots are called, so he pusses out and dinks.

Michael82
11-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Wow...looks like I was right. They are still calling the deep passes, but Trent checks off from them.... :ill:

acehole
11-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow...looks like I was right. They are still calling the deep passes, but Trent checks off from them.... :ill:

Which is why he is struggling short.
They have caught on by stacking the line.
I predicted this last year...

What poise though...ehh?

Philagape
11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Funny ... people go off of what Turk said about not throwing long, but they ignore what he said about why they aren't throwing long. Long passes require extra time, and the line ain't giving that extra time (which is confirmed by observation).
Either believe Turk or don't, but stupid bias is revealed when you cherry-pick one thing and disregard another.

evol4276
11-09-2008, 10:45 AM
pressure protection would sure help the long ball attempts. its not all checkdowns just for the sake of checkdowns. we're not the saints and can throw 400yds at will. as of late Trent has had to take what he can get it seems. The line really (obviously) needs to start playing better, otherwise the kid may get killed

Michael82
11-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Funny ... people go off of what Turk said about not throwing long, but they ignore what he said about why they aren't throwing long. Long passes require extra time, and the line ain't giving that extra time (which is confirmed by observation).
Either believe Turk or don't, but stupid bias is revealed when you cherry-pick one thing and disregard another.
Sorry, but the line gets blasted way too much. I know that Trent has been killed the last couple weeks, but there has been quite a few times where he has plenty of time in the pocket, but still dumped it off. I have a feeling that he's uncomfortable since his concussion and lost some of that poise. I don't blame him, but he needs to shake it off and try airing it out again.

That will help the running game out as the defenses will stop throwing all the guys in the box.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Are you guys ******ed? Mikey, you especially should have more football knowledge than that. It takes TIME to throw the deep pass. Hardy isn't the fastest guy in the world, so it's going to take him an extra second to get open deep.

Anyone who doesn't blame the O-line for the pressure and poor running game has their head firmly implanted in their ass.

Michael82
11-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Are you guys ******ed? Mikey, you especially should have more football knowledge than that. It takes TIME to throw the deep pass. Hardy isn't the fastest guy in the world, so it's going to take him an extra second to get open deep.

Anyone who doesn't blame the O-line for the pressure and poor running game has their head firmly implanted in their ass.
Review the tapes, u will notice a bunch of times over the last month where the receiver (Parrish, Reed, Evans, Hardy) got open downfield, but Trent didn't see them and just gave it to the RB or TE.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry, but the line gets blasted way too much. I know that Trent has been killed the last couple weeks, but there has been quite a few times where he has plenty of time in the pocket, but still dumped it off. I have a feeling that he's uncomfortable since his concussion and lost some of that poise. I don't blame him, but he needs to shake it off and try airing it out again.

That will help the running game out as the defenses will stop throwing all the guys in the box.

That doesn't mean the aformentioned plays that Hardy has gotten deep on are the same plays where Trent has had time. Turk says they aren't. To make a deep pass work, there has to be extra protection AND an open receiver downfield.
He had a great game against SD after the concussion, so that's not it.
He's proven multiple times that he'll take the shots when they're there and connect in stride, but he won't be a gunslinging idiot.
And defenses will always stack the box because the Bills have only one receiver anyone has to worry about.