PDA

View Full Version : Kris Jenkins goes Reggie White on Derrick Dockery

Coach Sal
11-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Not trying to re-hash last week's debacle, but take a look at this video and watch Derrick Dockery (left guard #66) get abused by Kris Jenkins on the Edwards pick six throw.

Jenkins literally uses the "Reggie White club" to abuse Dockery. This should be basic one-on-one pass protection! No way D.D. should have this happen to him. I don't care how good Jenkins is or isn't.

Also, I'm not making any excuses for the throw. It was bad and it shouldn't have been thrown in the first place. But I do think Trent had to release it just a bit sooner than he wanted to, which may have also been a factor.

Especially watch the end zone view starting at the :37 mark. Ouch!

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c22798 (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c22798)

Night Train
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Yup. They were showing it this morning on the NFL show with Hoge & Jaworski. They were also showing Lynch missing big holes while trying to cutback inside for no gain.

Coach Sal
11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Yup. They were showing it this morning on the NFL show with Hoge & Jaworski. They were also showing Lynch missing big holes while trying to cutback inside for no gain.

That's where I got it from originally. NFL Matchup (GREAT show!) was showing Jenkins and some of the things he was doing against us and how the Jets were using him last week.

So I went back and looked at it a little closer. Almost wish I didn't. :mad:

Night Train
11-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Jaworski is extremely effective at breaking down film and showing the execution of plays. He's probably the most talented guy on ESPN.

cocamide
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm surprised as to how fast Lynch was on that play. It'd be nice if he ever got in the open field.

trapezeus
11-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm surprised as to how fast Lynch was on that play. It'd be nice if he ever got in the open field.

like on the first play of the game?

i think lynch is fast if you ask him to run frompoint a to point be. in the INT, he just had to catch the guy and he showed good speed. but when he has the ball, i think he gets so focused on making contact and giving the defense the shimmy legs, that he isn't being as explosive as he could be.

patmoran2006
11-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Ive been saying this all year.. In fact, I've been the head of the "Derrick Dockery is the single most overated player on this team" revolution.

It's amazing how much the rest of the OL gets bashed and up until last week, this guy has escaped the wrath.. He's been ****ty all season long.