PDA

View Full Version : Time out on the punt?

jpdex12
11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Why wouldn't you get a penalty for delay of game and then get 5 more yards to punt instead of wasting a timeout? We could use all three timeouts to stop the clock when NE has the ball with 1:30 left in the half?

Novacane
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I am so sick of having an idiot head coach

Typ0
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I kind of expected them to have a fake punt called there and then they were going to go for the field goal. I'm surprised they didn't go for the field goal myself.

hydro
11-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Who the heck cares? Seriously. He still coffin cornered it. Stop overreacting for stupid things.

Novacane
11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Who the heck cares? Seriously. He still coffin cornered it. Stop overreacting for stupid things.

Stupid things? If he had not blown that timeout we could have stopped the clock and got the ball back with a decent chance to get in FG range.

jpdex12
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Well Einstein we could have stopped the clock with :10 seconds left to have Roscoe try to return a punt for a touchdown on the last play before the half but we didn't have any TO's left. Do you feel stupid? Oh, let's settle for the coffin kick that was awrsome padding Moorman's stats rather then letting Roscoe try returning one for a TD.

Do you think that we have a better chance at having their return man fumble and we recover for a TD or letting Roscoe return one? (ROLL MY EYES)

jpdex12
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Stupid things? If he had not blown that timeout we could have stopped the clock and got the ball back with a decent chance to get in FG range.

The answer you are critisizing is from someone that doesn't watch football much!