PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sal's halftime adjustments

Coach Sal
11-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Offense
Spread the field. The Bills have been very effective in shotgun, 1 RB (or even empty). The Pats can’t blitz as much when we do this because the LBs are pulled away from the box. Trent’s been protected this way, and he’s been effective. It will also allow the Bills to run more effectively once they complete a few passes.

Get the ball to Roscoe. This piggy-backs the above point. Obviously there is a matchup the Bills like and have found that has favored Parrish. I’m willing to bet most of those catches he’s had in the first half were against LBs and/or safeties. Probably because they are committing two to Lee.

Defense
How ‘bout sending some pressure from up the middle? Cassel 1 TD run and another big 3rd down run, both up the middle. But both were out of spread formation (see above), so I know it’s not easy. But at least make him throw the ball and find someone instead of giving that up.

Also, I think we should try something in the special teams department. Either a fake punt or FG or on onside kick after a score…..if we ever actually score in the half, that is!

shelby
11-09-2008, 01:21 PM
You wouldn't happen to have Jauron's cell phone number, would you?

:D

Great post.

Crisis
11-09-2008, 01:22 PM
trent looks rattled. he's missing passes that were bullets earlier in the season.

i think being on the turf half the game has taken its toll on him, he needs to get it together.

Cntrygal
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
:sigh: