PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback Controversy Restarted

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Trent's horrible. He makes awful decisions when he has great protection. He's lucky he only has had two picks today. JP would do much better with this protection so put him in.

Joe Fo Sho
hahaha

Novacane
It's not a controversy when they both blow

DBrown77
11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Trent's horrible. He makes awful decisions when he has great protection. He's lucky he only has had two picks today. JP would do much better with this protection so put him in.Trent has 18 starts, lets get rid of him and draft someone else!

stupid thread

shelby
11-09-2008, 02:10 PM
i don't see this happening

Philagape
11-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Haha that's funny.

What's amazing about Trent is he's still standing. Even when he gets the pass off, he gets hit. It's like Stanford all over again.
JP would have had at least four TOs by now, and more sacks.

mchurchfie
11-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Edwards is our QB, no controversy. JP would had 5 turnovers by now.

hydro
11-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Great protection? Are you even watching the ****ing game?

kgun12
11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
It's not a controversy when they both blow

Correct!!!

Trent has 18 starts, lets get rid of him and draft someone else!

stupid thread

So what, he sucks! We do not have an NFL QB on this team. You are right, draft one or trade for one, but get one!!!

yordad
11-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I think Jp is better.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't find it acceptable that you Trent supporters just sit here and accept that he's already thrown two interception and it could have been four. Put in JP and see how he does. We need to be able to get a ****ing first down for once and Trent isn't doing ****.

CLo_in_Roch
11-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I only coach Pop Warner football, but there are times I have to tell my QB he's "thinking" too much. Play with the flow of your teamates. He's forcing decisions and passes because he feels he has to. There is no running game to bring us back, so he feels he has to make a play. Not a good thing for a QB in any level of football.

imbondz
Haha that's funny.

What's amazing about Trent is he's still standing. Even when he gets the pass off, he gets hit. It's like Stanford all over again.
JP would have had at least four TOs by now, and more sacks.

JP would be out for the season with a separated shoulder and multiple concussions

UltimateBillsFan
But I agree we need to get a QB. Matt Cassel looks like God compared to Trent and he hadn't started a game since high school before this year.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I only coach Pop Warner football, but there are times I have to tell my QB he's "thinking" too much. Play with the flow of your teamates. He's forcing decisions and passes because he feels he has to. There is no running game to bring us back, so he feels he has to make a play. Not a good thing for a QB in any level of football.
Yeah he always tries to do too much because he has no supporting cast. This Bill's team is not a good team. We won't have a chance at the playoffs this year. We're horrific.

imbondz
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't find it acceptable that you Trent supporters just sit here and accept that he's already thrown two interception and it could have been four. Put in JP and see how he does. We need to be able to get a ****ing first down for once and Trent isn't doing ****.

no. we need to stick with a quarterback and stop going back and forth. Trent is our QB. We already know that JP can't win consistently.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Arguing for which QB you want at this point is like arguing back in 84 you wanted Ferragamo over Mathison.

Get real.

Nighthawk
It's more coaching then anything else. Please realize that.

kgun12
But I agree we need to get a QB. Matt Cassel looks like God compared to Trent and he hadn't started a game since high school before this year.

But this is only Trent's 18th start.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Neither can Trent. He's an antonym for consistency. He starts off 5-0 (not including Arizona cause he got hurt the third play) and now is 0-3. That's as inconsistent as it gets. And he's never been consistent in the games he won. He'd pull it out of his ass in the last quarter. Bottom line is that we need a ****ing quarter back.

yordad
11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I only coach Pop Warner football, but there are times I have to tell my QB he's "thinking" too much. Play with the flow of your teamates. He's forcing decisions and passes because he feels he has to. There is no running game to bring us back, so he feels he has to make a play. Not a good thing for a QB in any level of football.Agreed. And it wasn't a good thing for JP his entire career. I started a thread about this once.

Novacane
11-09-2008, 02:29 PM

He looks like God because we don't get near him.

yordad
11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
UBF, I don't think the QBs are the problem. I haven't felt like they were since '05.

djjimkelly
there should be a qb controversy but there will not be becuz our DICK HAS NO BALLS

CLo_in_Roch
Trent has all the tools to be a good, if not, great QB. We need that threat of a running game to keep defenses aloof. Trent is our QB. Lynch is our RB. That O-line is a whole 'nother question.........

TheBrownBear
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I have a new appreciation for what JP Losman had to endure as our quarterback. I think Trent has the potential to be a good one, but he's obviously shell-shocked from playing behind this line and getting pummelled and the coaching staff keeps putting him in a position to fail. I think we should lay the whole qb argument to rest until we rid ourselves of this coaching staff.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Nobody's accepting it, it's just that we know what the backup brings, and it's no better. If Trent's playing bad, then there are two bad QBs on the roster.
With that being equal, we just have to stick with the young QB and not mess him up his development further.
And that's just what I said when JP went through bad stretches, until his grace period ran out.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:47 PM
How about Dickhead grows a set and tries to change up the quarterback situation because Trent obviously can't handle it.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Trent's shown enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. We KNOW he can do better, because he has. He just needs to get through this.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I think the Trent we saw in the beginning of the season was a fluke. And even them every game he'd always show a little of the **** Trent Edwards that he is today.

Michael82
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
But this is only Trent's 18th start.
That excuse didnt work for JP Losman. It doesn't work for Trent either. :shakeno:

PcA125
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
That excuse didnt work for JP Losman. It doesn't work for Trent either. :shakeno:

That excuse did work for JP... up until last year. Im not happy with the way he played either...but yanking the qb after a few bad games isnt the answer. I thought the JP fans would have realized that bc all they do is complain about how he didnt get a fair shot.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank you. I don't understand why everyone thinks Trent in so inferior compared to JP when Trent can't win consistently either. I'm not saying JP is the best in the world but he's as good as Trent. Tell me one big game Trent's won for the Bills. mnF last year Trent blew it with that pick, Cleveland Trent couldn't come through, miami Trent sucked, nyj at home Trent sucked, on the road in New England for first place Trent sucked.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2008, 03:41 PM

Trent has shown more in 18 starts than JP did...period.

They've both sucked copious amounts of ass during those 18 starts, just Edwards has sucked less.

Don't mean he's the answer either though.

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Trent has shown more in 18 starts than JP did...period.

They've both sucked copious amounts of ass during those 18 starts, just Edwards has sucked less.

Don't mean he's the answer either though.

People need to realize that sometimes players are only as good as their coaches and our HC is pretty bad. He is the one constant through all of this and I believe it is time people start to realize he is the problem. I guarantee if they brought in a better HC that Edwards and the entire team would look much different and look much better.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
People need to realize that sometimes players are only as good as their coaches and our HC is pretty bad. He is the one constant through all of this and I believe it is time people start to realize he is the problem. I guarantee if they brought in a better HC that Edwards and the entire team would look much different and look much better.

How is the coach at fault when the QB throws a pass high and it's picked off? Or doesn't see the safety and it's picked off? How does a bad coach lead to inaccurate passes?

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
JP career-<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td>CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT
</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="width: 68px; height: 117px;" class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td> <td>Trent Career-
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td><table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>510</td> <td>858</td> <td>5847</td> <td>59.4</td> <td>6.82</td> <td>87</td> <td>32</td> <td>30</td> <td>93</td> <td>77.9</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td> <td>302</td> <td>491</td> <td>3355</td> <td>61.5</td> <td>6.83</td> <td>70</td> <td>13</td> <td>13</td> <td>30</td> <td>79.6</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> <td>
</td> </tr></tbody></table>

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Hmm... strangely similar. Sorta like how I said JP is just as good.

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
How is the coach at fault when the QB throws a pass high and it's picked off? Or doesn't see the safety and it's picked off? How does a bad coach lead to inaccurate passes?

They have put too much on this kid and he has had to carry the team lately. He is not ready for that. Also, patterns can dictate how successful a QB will be. They run zero slants...ZERO...how is that? They never run short outs...never! This is how bad coaching can make a QB look worse.

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
JP career-<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td>CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT
</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="width: 68px; height: 117px;" class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td> <td>Trent Career-
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td><table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td>510</td> <td>858</td> <td>5847</td> <td>59.4</td> <td>6.82</td> <td>87</td> <td>32</td> <td>30</td> <td>93</td> <td>77.9</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td> <td>302</td> <td>491</td> <td>3355</td> <td>61.5</td> <td>6.83</td> <td>70</td> <td>13</td> <td>13</td> <td>30</td> <td>79.6</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> <td>
</td> </tr></tbody></table>

And who is the one constant throughout? Yep, Dickey...

Philagape
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Thank you. I don't understand why everyone thinks Trent in so inferior compared to JP when Trent can't win consistently either. I'm not saying JP is the best in the world but he's as good as Trent. Tell me one big game Trent's won for the Bills. mnF last year Trent blew it with that pick, Cleveland Trent couldn't come through, miami Trent sucked, nyj at home Trent sucked, on the road in New England for first place Trent sucked.

When you learn what word "inferior" means then maybe your opinions will be taken more seriously.

Man, almost as bad as the result is that The Flat Earth Society is barking loudly now.

This team would be 2-7 with JP. His bad-game ratio is 100 percent this year.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
He had 101.3 Quarterback rating in his "bad game". I'll take a 101.3 bad game any day of the week.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
And yes i meant to put JP is inferior to trent in that post. Thanks for pointing that out Philagape.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
He had 101.3 Quarterback rating in his "bad game". I'll take a 101.3 bad game any day of the week.

Trumpeting a meaningless number further shows how little your opinion means.

Rob Johnson had the highest career rating in Bills history, is he the best Bills QB ever?

DMBcrew36
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Trent has been bad the past 3 games. JP would be just as bad or worse.

/end thread

Mr. Pink
11-09-2008, 04:04 PM

So you'll take a game where the QB turns the ball over 3 times and takes stupid sacks because he doesn't have any pocket presence?

No wonder you like the guy and his one trick pony show.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
You making assumptions of how JP would do shows how much your opinion means. JP looked better in the Arizona game than trent has the past three weeks. So open your eyes Philagape.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Trent did absolutely nothing right today except for the touchdown pass. He could have thrown 5 picks today.

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 04:09 PM
JP would do much better with this protection so put him in.

i doubt it. :rolleyes:

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
JP would actually escape the pressure and not run into it like Trent was today.

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
You making assumptions of how JP would do shows how much your opinion means.

so does the last sentence in your original post. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I can't wait til next year when this bum is in the CFL so I don't have to see these stupid threads anymore and feel compelled to post in them.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM
so does the last sentence in your original post. :rolleyes:
Cool dude I'm just a 15 year old Bills fan giving my opinion.

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM

you making assumptions of how JP would do shows how much your opinion means.

where did i hear that? oh yeah.... YOU. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Cool dude I'm just a 15 year old Bills fan giving my opinion.

he's a Bills fan giving his opinion too.

SquishDaFish
11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
They both suck! Lets get a REAL QB in here

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah JP does know how to escape pressure I've seen him scramble so much. He has more athletic ability than Trent running the football wise. I just know that we need to draft a good quarterback and get a new coach. Period. Trent and JP will never be premier starters in the NFL.

shelby
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
i disagree....the pre-concussion Trent Edwards was a media darling. Everyone was raving about how calm and collected he is. Since the concussion, he's been an entirely different player who makes costly mistakes.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:20 PM
i disagree....the pre-concussion Trent Edwards was a media darling. Everyone was raving about how calm and collected he is. Since the concussion, he's been an entirely different player who makes costly mistakes.
Yeah I don't know if that had any lingering effects because he looked great in the San Diego game. I think he's just slumping.

trapezeus
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM

i find it funny that jp supporters think that 4 years of data would suggest you'd get anything different.

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
i find it funny that jp supporters think that 4 years of data would suggest you'd get anything different.

they enjoy bad reruns.

Michael82
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
You are forgetting about the crappy weather Edwards. He's not good either. I'm sorry, but I'm nowhere near being sold on Trent. I was leaning to it, but maybe we all fell in love with him because he was doing good against the scrub teams and we aren't used to being as good as we were....

im8th2buffalo
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Trent is still young. He may turn out to be OK. Our receivers have not been open consistently. Josh Reed who in years past got no respect (in most cases rightfully so), but this year our team misses him being in there. Hardy is inconsistent. Edwards always seems to go short on a team with receivers designed for big plays. The check down is important, but not for every play. Lee Evans has been all but invisible in games where they try to use him as a possession receiver. He is great talent, but the team is not using him well.
The line is not opening holes for the running game. Some of the play calling has been terrible. Throwing on 3rd and 1 consistently is dumb. Peters is not as great as he thinks he is. Shobel and Whitner were definitely missed and Youboty was starting the season well before the injury. If we consistently allow our QB to be pressured and don't pressure the other team's, then we have seen our last win of the season.
I have been a big supporter of Losman, but I feel Edwards needs to stay in there and mature. They made the big mistake of using Losman as a YO-YO. Now that they already did him wrong, keep Edwards in. Young quarterbacks learn in wins, and losses. When you change them too often, it destroys confidence. Don't make the same mistake again.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
You are forgetting about the crappy weather Edwards. He's not good either. I'm sorry, but I'm nowhere near being sold on Trent. I was leaning to it, but maybe we all fell in love with him because he was doing good against the scrub teams are we aren't used to being as good as we were....
Yes let's just wait and see how he handles the snow. It'll be a big test and I heard next weekend and early week is supposed to have a lot of winter weather so let's just wait and see how he can do on the big MNF stage with the snow too.

Chimpanze
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
How hard is it to understand that for the year 2008, TRENT EDWARDS is our quarterback.

JP is not in the future plans of the Bills and will be let go once his contract is over.

I am through reading and posting about this topic.

Hell, would you rather have Gus Frerotte, or Brad Johnson or Jeff Garcia, or etc....!!!!!

Edwards is a work in progress who has no DEFENSE and a bad OLINE!

By the way, I never even mentionned the COACHING!

Philagape
11-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Plus getting pounded every week

madness
11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
You are forgetting about the crappy weather Edwards. He's not good either. I'm sorry, but I'm nowhere near being sold on Trent. I was leaning to it, but maybe we all fell in love with him because he was doing good against the scrub teams and we aren't used to being as good as we were....

The announcers shot down that garbage excuse last week. Peyton, Brady and another QB they mentioned all have had bad runs in terrible weather last year.

Ingtar33
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Belichick does this to everyone.

he had Trent guessing all game; and the o-line couldn't give him a pocket.

madness
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
the o-line couldn't give him a pocket.

Our lines are killing us.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
trent is still yhe man

kgun12
11-09-2008, 09:05 PM

I guess you missed what I said earlier: I said "So what, he sucks! We do not have an NFL QB on this team. You are right, draft one or trade for one, but get one!!!" Do you just read certain quotes? I was being sarcastic about the 18 games!!! :shakeno:

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I guess you missed what I said earlier: I said "So what, he sucks! We do not have an NFL QB on this team. You are right, draft one or trade for one, but get one!!!"

Funny thing is that we also don't have an NFL head coach.

Borosai
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Edwards needs to play better, but so do many other players (especially the line). No controversy at the moment.

kgun12
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Funny thing is that we also don't have an NFL head coach.

Everything that you have said about Edwards, was said about JP...no line, no coach, Evans is his only WR, no running game, OC sucks and on and on. So what's the difference? So far the Edwards people are saying these are reasons, when the JP folks said it, they were excusses! Make all the ecusses you want, Edwards sucks!

Philagape
11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Everything that you have said about Edwards, was said about JP...no line, no coach, Evans is his only WR, no running game, OC sucks and on and on. So what's the difference? So far the Edwards people are saying these are reasons, when the JP folks said it, they were excusses! Make all the ecusses you want, Edwards sucks!

The difference is Edwards has shown more positive traits and has developed faster. Enough that the poor play lately is unlike him. When JP tanked in Arizona, few were surprised. When Edwards does it, it's more surprising. He's earned that distinction.

Boomstick
11-09-2008, 11:57 PM

^ Yeah, this... took the thoughts right out of my head.

bills_7
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
jp would i have won 2 of the last 3 games

ServoBillieves
11-10-2008, 01:45 AM
I rarely post negatively, but this is one of the stupidest threads I've seen in quite some time.

WagonCircler
11-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Trent's shown enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. We KNOW he can do better, because he has. He just needs to get through this.

He has only done better against AWFUL teams. As soon as he faces pressure he crumbles like Star Jones' lawn chair at a church picnic.

He has been consistently awful in the crucial AFC East portion of our schedule, and the rest of the Offense suffers because of his inability to throw the long ball.

His game is bullscheidt little dinks and intermediate patterns and a downfield shot to Evans twice a season.

Opposing coaches are onto him. They know they don't have to defend the long ball, they flood the intermediate zones and give him all the four yard passes he wants, making sure to guard against the run after catch.

His/Jauron's lame-ass Offensive philosophy has been solved, and Edwards doesn't have the physical skills to overcome that.

It's time to start looking again for a QB of the future.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Your posts need to shutup. JP always ran into pressure. Look at their sack rates.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2008, 07:54 AM
I am not going to read this ******ed thread. However Trent needs to get his head out of his ass. If Trent isn't the answer JP already has proved he isn't either.

hydro
11-10-2008, 07:58 AM
jp would i have won 2 of the last 3 games

Can you stop spewing the bull**** already? I could have won 2 of the last 3 games. You know what the difference is between my statement and yours? Nothing, because we will never know.

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Happened to JP his whole career here.

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:12 AM

Stats dont mater only wins....remember the Trent puff puff girls said so...

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:16 AM
I can't wait til next year when this bum is in the CFL so I don't have to see these stupid threads anymore and feel compelled to post in them.

Yes it will be funny to see the contortion boys craft excuses and draw conclusions based on nothing and assert them as facts and football
knowledge.....without blaming jp.

Philagape
11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
He has only done better against AWFUL teams. As soon as he faces pressure he crumbles like Star Jones' lawn chair at a church picnic.

He has been consistently awful in the crucial AFC East portion of our schedule, and the rest of the Offense suffers because of his inability to throw the long ball.

His game is bullscheidt little dinks and intermediate patterns and a downfield shot to Evans twice a season.

Opposing coaches are onto him. They know they don't have to defend the long ball, they flood the intermediate zones and give him all the four yard passes he wants, making sure to guard against the run after catch.

His/Jauron's lame-ass Offensive philosophy has been solved, and Edwards doesn't have the physical skills to overcome that.

It's time to start looking again for a QB of the future.

Do you watch the games?

Seriously, do you watch the games?

Several times he's proven that people who think he can't throw the long-ball or doesn't have the physical skills are idiots.

And pressure? Like fourth-quarter comebacks on the road against decent defenses? Including a play where he stepped up in the pocket to avoid a sack and threw a 37-yard pass to set up a go-ahead touchdown? Including a 30-yard bullet to set up a game-winning field goal? Or another comeback that included throwing a touchdown pass just as he's hammered by a pass rusher? And all of this with less than a full season under his belt? Are you out of your skull?

Bad jokes may be entertaining only when they come from people who know what they're talking about. Otherwise, they're just bad jokes. Star Jones? Really?

HHURRICANE
11-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Trent's horrible. He makes awful decisions when he has great protection. He's lucky he only has had two picks today. JP would do much better with this protection so put him in.

Trent had a bad game and I would say this was mainly on him after the early hits on him.

JP is a horrible player and had 4 years to porve it. I'll take my chances with Trent.

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Yes it was our resident genius philage3 who once said.."When assessing the qb one must only look at the qb..."

Well if we use that measure Trent looks like a like a lost HS qb among men....forget all else...

la la la I cant hear you....la la la la...

Now you can see how ill-informed you all sounded...

I agree with this poster however...let him stay and build a team around him..... Which I thought we had....

But this is buffalo and it does not happen that way here...

It will be the bus for Rant Edwards soon enough...

Trent is still young. He may turn out to be OK. Our receivers have not been open consistently. Josh Reed who in years past got no respect (in most cases rightfully so), but this year our team misses him being in there. Hardy is inconsistent. Edwards always seems to go short on a team with receivers designed for big plays. The check down is important, but not for every play. Lee Evans has been all but invisible in games where they try to use him as a possession receiver. He is great talent, but the team is not using him well.
The line is not opening holes for the running game. Some of the play calling has been terrible. Throwing on 3rd and 1 consistently is dumb. Peters is not as great as he thinks he is. Shobel and Whitner were definitely missed and Youboty was starting the season well before the injury. If we consistently allow our QB to be pressured and don't pressure the other team's, then we have seen our last win of the season.
I have been a big supporter of Losman, but I feel Edwards needs to stay in there and mature. They made the big mistake of using Losman as a YO-YO. Now that they already did him wrong, keep Edwards in. Young quarterbacks learn in wins, and losses. When you change them too often, it destroys confidence. Don't make the same mistake again.

HHURRICANE
11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes it was our resident genius philage3 who once said.."When assessing the qb one must only look at the qb..."

Well if we use that measure Trent looks like a like a lost HS qb among men....forget all else...

la la la I cant hear you....la la la la...

Now you can see how ill-informed you all sounded...

I agree with this poster however...let him stay and build a team around him..... Which I thought we had....

But this is buffalo and it does not happen that way here...

It will be the bus for Rant Edwards soon enough...

I'll put all my zonebucks out there, yet again, that barring injury, Trent will be the starter for a long time to come.

You might want to watch all of the other players that aren't contributing as well.

Trent did have a bad game. I think this is the one he deserves the most crap for. But I'm far from worried about his ability to play QB for this team.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I'll put all my zonebucks out there, yet again, that barring injury, Trent will be the starter for a long time to come.

You might want to watch all of the other players that aren't contributing as well.

Trent did have a bad game. I think this is the one he deserves the most crap for. But I'm far from worried about his ability to play QB for this team.
I am with you on this.

Philagape
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Wow, I've re-oriented someone's existence on this board so that all his posts about this include me ..... way creepy ....

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:48 AM

I agree...I am not for JP starting...he needs to be heathy for the next team...and if we are not going to win with trent I need some form of entertainment....and reading these posts with dumb guys trying to sound smart is fantastic. I love how they completly forgot what they posted last season and are now hijacking ideas and forgot they even posted them.

JP is done here for sure......but the real question is..

How long before it is the bus for Trent...

And How many of the JP factors will be highjacked for the Trent excuse makers...

Where is the contorted Funtimes analysis
that defenses play better under Trent then Jp?

Where are the "we are the worst at stopping the run and the pass because jp sucks" threads?

Injuries dont mater posts....and qb's dont need weapons posts....and qb's make recievers not the other way around....

We dont need the qb to throw long ball posts?

Steve Fairchild was fine it was JP who sucked posts...

Bunch of hog wash from hog farmers....

acehole
11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow, I've re-oriented someone's existence on this board so that all his posts about this include me ..... way creepy ....

You were the pied piper and lead the charge.

It is only fair you get the bulk of the credit for the il informed posts.

Give credit where it is due I say.

I call them like I see them.

Creepy is putting somone on ignore that reminds you how little you know....

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
NO way! Trent is our future. JP is gone. Not his fault just like it wasn't JP's fault. Difference is, JP had less to work with and Trent is finding out what it's like to be on a team where the coaches don't know their stuff.

OpIv37
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm not reading through this whole thread because the premise is absurd. With JP, we'd be at best equal and quite possibly worse than where we are right now.

Based on what's happened this season, there is one definite fact that needs to be addressed and one possible fact that needs to be considered.

The definite fact is that the talent around the QB still isn't good enough. This offense needs some serious upgrades to be competitive, regardless of the QB.

The possible fact is that it's entirely possible that none of the QB's on our current roster are the answer, but it's really tough to tell with no help around them.

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm not reading through this whole thread because the premise is absurd. With JP, we'd be at best equal and quite possibly worse than where we are right now.

not sure about that. JP had worse talent than this .

kgun12
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
The difference is Edwards has shown more positive traits and has developed faster. Enough that the poor play lately is unlike him. When JP tanked in Arizona, few were surprised. When Edwards does it, it's more surprising. He's earned that distinction.

Again for the record, I have not once said that JP should be given another chance! Not this thread or in last weeks threads. I don't think we have an NFL QB on this team, we need to go back to the draft or make a trade in the off season.

BTW JP should those same taits. Does anyone remember he finish the 06 season as the 11th ranked QB? Then the injury, the benching the stating and the whole mess. I guess the proof will be if Edwards gets hurt and his home town fans cheer!

naugem
11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Losman won't be a starter for the Bills again unless Edwards is injured, but there were times yesterday when I thought it might be a good idea to put him in for one or two series, to see if he could provide a spark or at least give us his signature long pass play. He couldn't have done much worse than Edwards yesterday, or the week before...

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Losman won't be a starter for the Bills again unless Edwards is injured, but there were times yesterday when I thought it might be a good idea to put him in for one or two series, to see if he could provide a spark or at least give us his signature long pass play. He couldn't have done much worse than Edwards yesterday, or the week before...
we should run the wildcat with JP as the rb because he can throw better than our rb's but that wouldn't be a wildcat. :ill:

tat2dmike77
11-10-2008, 10:42 AM

UH Remember the AZ game? JP did his usual INT, Sack, 60+ TD pass and fumble. When JP plays in a game you can always bank on those things to happen.

And face it JP lovers he is not going to be here next year so get used to it. And no i am trent lover i root for the team not the name on the jersey

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
UH Remember the AZ game? JP did his usual INT, Sack, 60+ TD pass and fumble. When JP plays in a game you can always bank on those things to happen.

The difference is that JP CAME OFF THE BENCH and didn'thave time to play with the first team during practice and yet came out with a 101 qb rating. I know those stats are decieving but what's Trents excuse for not at least being able to decieve us these last 3 games ? He's had all the time to practice with the first team.

And face it JP lovers

And no i am trent lover i root for the team not the name on the jersey

UH, we rooted for JP when he was the qb and still wearing the bills jersey yet we get called JP Lovers. Pretty soon, you'll be called a Trent lover for doing the same thing except it's trent.

tat2dmike77
11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
The difference is that JP CAME OFF THE BENCH and didn'thave time to play with the first team during practice and yet came out with a 101 qb rating. I know those stats are decieving but what's Trents excuse for not at least being able to decieve us these last 3 games ? He's had all the time to practice with the first team.

UH, we rooted for JP when he was the qb and still wearing the bills jersey yet we get called JP Lovers. Pretty soon, you'll be called a Trent lover for doing the same thing except it's trent.

Do you really think Losman would do any better with out a run game? This is what i find hilarious about the JP fan club. He will do the same thing Edwards is doing squat.

Is it Edwards fault the defense let the pats and the jets have drives in the fourth of 8+ minutes to kill the game?

And don't give me that. "Oh JP has not been practing with the first team" crap. If he is such a savior as many of you want to anoit him as we wouldn't be having this conversation. Losman had his chances to cement himself at starter and he blew it. Now it is time to move on. As long as there is no running game, no blocking, no defense and jaruon is still HC it doesn't matter who is at QB the same result will happen.

Nighthawk
11-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Stop arguing, it's obvious that no QB will ever be successful with this coaching staff in place.

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Do you really think Losman would do any better with out a run game? This is what i find hilarious about the JP fan club. He will do the same thing Edwards is doing squat. . I've said that for years that the qb isn't going to do squat and now we are called ....JP fan club.

Is it Edwards fault the defense let the pats and the jets have drives in the fourth of 8+ minutes to kill the game? .people blamed JP for having a bad D , why not blame Trent? It's not my philosophy that the qb's gets blamed for the D.

Another thing, what happned to "Trent makes the D pay better?"

And don't give me that. "Oh JP has not been practing with the first team" crap..Why not? It's true. It's fact. The coaches admitted that. So what's Trents excuse for playing worse than JP even with better talent?

If he is such a savior as many of you want to anoit him as we wouldn't be having this conversation. Losman had his chances to cement himself at starter and he blew it. Now it is time to move on. As long as there is no running game, no blocking, no defense and jaruon is still HC it doesn't matter who is at QB the same result will happen.I never said JP should be annointed the qb.

This isn't about Trent vs. JP. Trent is our qb, JP is gone. Just make sure that there are no double standards. The people that blamed JP solely for the failures of the ENTIRE TEAM should be blaming Trent but they aren't. We were right those guys were wrong.

Oh I am all for giving Trent more chances as a matter of fact, I am more forgiving then the Trent fans. I am consistent in saying, IT ISN'T all the qb's fault. It wasn't when JP was the qb and it isn't with Trent either. :up:

JPFBillsFan
11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Trent's layed 3 goose eggs in a row, single handedly cost us all 3.
I think its JP time, now more than ever. Teams won't be able to just sit
and cover the underneath pass and stop the run. They'll have JP-to-Evans Deep on there minds.....Jauron doesn't have the stones to yank TE for this week's MNF game...