PDA

View Full Version : Is it the O-line or is it Trent??

BILLSROCK1212
11-09-2008, 02:34 PM
That's what I want to know and I want to know it soon.

Novacane
11-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I think it's both. Trent has made some really stupid decisons the last 3 weeks. The line used to be able to at least pass block. Now they can't even do that.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
It's both. Trent's getting killed on every other play, and it's messing up his head. He's back at Stanford.

CLo_in_Roch
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LINE IS PUTRID TO PUT IN NICELY:poop:

yordad
11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Let's hear all the "Why Trent Sucked" excuses and see how many sound familiar.

Borosai
11-09-2008, 02:47 PM
The line flat out sucks, but before these past 3 games, Trent made good decisions with the ball, and didn't hurt the team. Now, he's hurting the team as well.

shelby
Trent has not been the same since the concussion, and the o line sucks ass.

imbondz
the O-line is a JOKE

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
it's BOTH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

don137
11-09-2008, 02:49 PM
O line. They have had zero success running the ball which makes the team one dimensional and they have baited Trent into errors. I think if you can run i would help Trent a lot...It sucks when you are always getting into 3rd and long every drive.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Let's hear all the "Why Trent Sucked" excuses and see how many sound familiar.

It's not because he's a bad QB, and that's new to this team.
If something's wrong, we know that it's an external factor more than it was for the last guy. Most of us, anyway.
Trent has earned the benefit of the doubt like no one has here in many years.

yordad
11-09-2008, 02:52 PM
It's not because he's a bad QB, and that's new to this team.
:yawn:

SABURZFAN
11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
O line. They have had zero success running the ball which makes the team one dimensional and they have baited Trent into errors. I think if you can run i would help Trent a lot...It sucks when you are always getting into 3rd and long every drive.

it would help if Edwards can put the ball close to the numbers of his receivers and not leave them out to hang. some of his poor throws led to some of those 3rd and longs too.

Crisis
11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
It's both. Trent's getting killed on every other play, and it's messing up his head. He's back at Stanford.

/thread

SeatownBillsFan21
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Both trent is making some bad throws but at the same time the line is giving him no time

SquishDaFish
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Both

Michael82
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
definitely BOTH

Night Train
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
It's both

BILLSROCK1212
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
i think we are all basically in agreement here that it is both......so then if that is true we wasted money on Dockery and Fowler and hopefully we don't do the same with Peters....Walker and Butler are good enough although we may have stretched it with the amount of money we gave Walker and Trent needs to step it up and make quicker reads

agree/disagree??

Owen DeBoard
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Its been both but today I have to put it on Trent. Just like Randy Cross said when you have 8 men in the box Trent should audible from a run to a pass play. The great qbs notice the D and audible. Hopefully in time Trent will learn to do this. Also on the 2 ints he threw he had plenty of time to throw the ball just didnt put it where it needed to be. The o-line in the last few weeks hasnt been givin him enough time to throw. The other part of the O you forget to mention is, is it Turks play calling? He is puttin too much on Trent Edwards. First drive of the game Lynch 8 yard run on 1st down then the next to plays called were passes that set up a 3 and out. How do you not get 2 yards in two downs when you get 8 yards on first down. On 3rd and 1 we didnt even try to run it. He has no confidence in Lynch for some reason. So actually the O as a whole is the problem from the o-line to the qb to the plays beein called.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Trent's not a great QB yet. He's shown flashes, and he's done it while still inexperienced. He's done good things and shown characteristics you usually don't see in young QBs. But he's not fully matured yet. Much room to grow.
That some people want to give up on him after less than 20 games when he the last guy got well over 30 is a testament to how much he's raised the bar. But in terms of his career, he's still just getting started.