X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

This team has lost its way

I hate to add to the negativity that is abroad this message board, but hey, it is what it is. First off, I don't believe for a second we are a bad or even an average football team. It seems ever since the announcement of DJ's extension, our team has played like crap. To say we have played like crap is not only an oversimplification, but it is also a discredit to this coaching staff, who have simply been outcoached the past 3 weeks. I realize we are in division, and our divisional opponents know how to stop us more effectively, but still.... Here are some observations I have seen that have changed over the last 3-4 weeks.

1. We have lost faith in our running game. I don't care who you are or what you do, if your 1-dimensional your gonna struggle.

2. Our O-line, especially our pass protection, has really taken a step back. The first 5 games of the year, our pass protection was very good, and here lately, the pocket collapses almost 1 outta every 4 passing plays.

3. Our play calling has become very "Steve Fairchild-esque." Especially today, but our run calls were almost all off guard plays, nothing outside, no misdirection, no deception, just very plain, and easy to defend. Our passing plays all look the same. Button hook here, button hook there, horribly setup screens, etc, etc... What happened to the great deep threat of Edwards to Evans??? Why haven't we ever tried to get Roscoe some touches in space???

4. What has happened to Trent's confidence? I think ever since that AW hit, he has been gun shy. More than anything else that confuses me, is his passing accuracy is greatly affected. His passes lately have been way off. I still am a believer though....

5. Marshawn needs more carries and more touches. I love Freddy Jax, but Marshawn only getting 15 carries/game is not a recipe for success. FJ is a great 3rd down back, but should not be takin away as many carries from Lynch as he is right now.

6. James Hardy has been so dissappointing. Alot of drops, not very fast, bad routes, and is struggling. I also think our offense isn't using him effectively.

7. Our d-line penetration is so pitiful. We never, ever get to the QB, and its so damn frustrating.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: This team has lost its way

the lack of faith in the run game is maddening.

i don't think TE is gun shy, but he has lost his accuracy and his ability to make the smart decsion. i don't think that's concussion based. i don't know what it is, but it's annoying.

Comment

Working...
    X