PDA

View Full Version : Has Trent Edward Single Handedly Cost Us The Past 3 Games?

raphael120
11-09-2008, 06:25 PM
I seem to think so. Fumble in Miami. Killer INT and bad decision making at the Jets game. Backbreaking INT's in this game.

Thoughts?

Philagape
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Can't score in the red zone.

Can't run the ball.

Can't stop the run.

Can't stop the pass.

We bleed yards.

No turnovers.

No pass rush.

No dominating physical play.

Flustered QB.

.... or so you say :huh:

BILLSROCK1212
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
how could anyone put all the blame on one player in the biggest game revolving around the concept of TEAM (Does anyone see the "I" in that word??)

Typ0
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
take away the turnovers and given away points I saw we win two if not all three of the last three in the division...I say yes TE is responsible...but he also was responsible for winning some games. Let's hope he gets over it and starts doing more of the later.

djjimkelly
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
my thoughts are we are seeing a repeat of losman without the big play here and there.

its skill and coaching.

and mainly coaching edwards is a nice qb but not a franchise qb he might be a starter in league but not a franchise type.

this whole team is set up to fail cover 2 joke our mickey mouse O joke alll around

tat2dmike77
11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I seem to think so. Fumble in Miami. Killer INT and bad decision making at the Jets game. Backbreaking INT's in this game.

Thoughts?

No blocking at all in any of the 3 games which lead to pressure on the QB and lead to stupid mistakes by a 2nd year QB.

The Jets game the defense took a huge dump in the second half. Mainly the 8 minute drive they gave up to the Jets. You can't win if you can't run and with out Lynch going there is no way to win

Today was more of the same. No blocking which lead to stupid mistakes on his part. The pats shut down the run game AGAIN so that made the Bills one dimensional yet again. The defense AGAIN allowed a long time killing drive in the fourth quarter.

The coaches are not motivating these players. These players should of been playing like rabid dogs. Loosing two divisional games should get you fired up and ready to smack around the king of the AFC. But no we see Jaruons team come out looking like they just wanted to hang out collect thier game check and go home. Foolwell is just that a fool. And while it is not an excuse the injury bug has hit again in Buffalo and maybe it's time for a new strength and conditioning coach as well.

So there is plenty of blame to go around.

OpIv37
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Trent has made his mistakes and deserves some of the blame- maybe most of the blame. But the entire team was terrible. Look at the Jets game. We couldn't run the ball at all and the Jets were getting to Trent by rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage. While Trent made mistakes in that situation, it's a situation that never would have existed if the OL and receivers were doing their jobs.

raphael120
11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I know where I stand but I was just curious as to what Bills fans thought. At the bar a lot of people thinks that if it wasn't for Trent turning the ball over and making bad decisions throwing the ball, we wouldve won the past few games.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I know where I stand but I was just curious as to what Bills fans thought. At the bar a lot of people thinks that if it wasn't for Trent turning the ball over and making bad decisions throwing the ball, we wouldve won the past few games.

That's true, but there are other factors the same thing can be said about.

bills_7
11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
and u guys thought JP was bad... lol JP would have this team at 6-3 at the least

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM

Can't run the ball.

Can't stop the run.

Can't stop the pass.

We bleed yards.

No turnovers.

No pass rush.

Flustered QB.

.... or so you say :huh:Philagape is making the same excuses we were making for JP. :snicker:

Mr. Pink
11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Trent isn't singlehandily doing it, but he's a MAJOR reason why we've lost 3 in a row....due to the same crap we lost games with while the other guy was in there.

Indecision. Poor throws. Bad reads. Piss poor ball security.

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Trent said he's not sure if he agrees that the qb should take all the blame. Who should he call out? Coaches? Welcome to last year.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Trent said he's not sure if he agrees that the qb should take all the blame. Who should he call out? Coaches? Welcome to last year.

Did he really say that?

That worries me.

When you're the top guy, which a QB is supposed to be, you're the one who's supposed to take the blame and make something good out of it. It's part of being a leader as a QB and what the position demands.

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Did he really say that?

That worries me.

When you're the top guy, which a QB is supposed to be, you're the one who's supposed to take the blame and make something good out of it. It's part of being a leader as a QB and what the position demands.
yep. that was on wgr this morning.

Kenny
11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
yep. that was on wgr this morning.

Wow... I've lost ALL respect for the guy now.

Just to compare, during the interview with Brady Quinn, -he flat out blamed the loss on himself.
If TE doesnt change his attitude soon, -we're in for another losing season.

bigbub2352
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Dont forget the most important thing this is Trents first full season as a starter
Yes he had playing time last year, but this is his first season
We must not throw him under the bus, what did many Qbs do there first yr as a starter STRUGGLE
i am not saying he is not making mistakes
But the Coaching Staff is a joke as well as the Front OFFICE, they continue to not address the Lines, they continue to sign guys that dont fit the schemes that we are trying to implemnet
DJ is a horrible head coach the players luv him cause he doesnt amek them work hard and never yells at them
We need to get a real HC in here someone with Emotion
Trent will struggle as long as he doesnt have the weapons or the line to succeed it is that simple he is trying to do to much and the conservative Bills dont help

Give him time and a real offensive line instead of these overpaid Jokes and u will see a differance when we can actually run the game
Dont read into the Media crap and the excusses this is a poorly coached and poorly put together team hence 8 seasons of mediocracy and trying to shuve players like Schobel and Reed down our thorughts as guys who will make a differance
I know some on here luv REED but TDs speak to me as production they help u win games not blocking a DB and catching a first down pass
i know REED plays the game hard but people he doesnt scare a Defense
Please someone anyone get us a NEW HC, New GM, New assistants

yordad
11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Did he single handedly loss the games? No. But, he could have won them and didn't.

yordad
11-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Can't run the ball.

Can't stop the run.

Can't stop the pass.

We bleed yards.

No turnovers.

No pass rush.

Flustered QB.

I think you left off "Can't pass the ball".

Philagape is making the same excuses we were making for JP. :snicker:Bingo!!!!!!!! Dang Phil, some of this sound familiar? Hmmmm. I'll add holds the ball to long, one dimensional, inaccurate, and DOESN'T LOOK POISED to the list of Trents problems.

Thing is, I understand these problems will occur naturally if the rest of your team sucks. Seems some of you are coming around.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by bigbub2352
Dont forget the most important thing this is Trents first full season as a starter
We must not throw him under the bus, what did many Qbs do there first yr as a starter STRUGGLE

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
JP was pretty good his first full year as a starter. He was arguably the Bills MVP, and nearly made the pro bowl.

madness
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM
This poll should have been public. I'd like to know who are the 10 people smoking crack so I can make sure I don't pick up any bad habits from them.

bigbub2352
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!! Dang Phil, some of this sound familiar? Hmmmm. I'll add holds the ball to long, one dimensional, inaccurate, and DOESN'T LOOK POISED to the list of Trents problems.

Thing is, I understand these problems will occur naturally if the rest of your team sucks. Seems some of you are coming around.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by bigbub2352

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
JP was pretty good his first full year as a starter. He was arguably the Bills MVP, and nearly made the pro bowl.

ummm we were 7-9 and i seem to remember him making just a few mistakes on reads as well as getting sacked just a few times cause he held on to the ball just a few secs to long

yordad
11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
ummm we were 7-9 and i seem to remember him making just a few mistakes on reads as well as getting sacked just a few times cause he held on to the ball just a few secs to longAaaaa.... yeah. Same old valid excuses too. We switched the plug, and never bothered to try and fix the leak.

Philagape
11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!! Dang Phil, some of this sound familiar? Hmmmm. I'll add holds the ball to long, one dimensional, inaccurate, and DOESN'T LOOK POISED to the list of Trents problems.

As indicated by the last line, I was quoting a list that Raphael posted in another thread, expressing confusion as to what he was thinking.

Trent played a very bad game. But we know he can do better. It was unlike him. Whereas when the other guy played bad, we knew it was very much like him.

Some people are acting as if there's some sort of obligation to apply parallel excuses and circumstances. But that's only true if the QBs didn't exist as individuals. They do. And we know one is better than the other, and that means when they both play badly, it's likely for different reasons.
There is no rule that says what's good for one is good for the other. The only rule is to talk about the reality on the field. And if that reality makes your boy look bad in comparison, well, too bad. Life isn't fair, and he earned that disadvantage.

gr8slayer
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Losman 2.0 sure hasn't helped.

acehole
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Priceless coming from the guy who tried to blame the last qb for these very things...
OMG. Thank you for for that I needed a pick me up.....

Can't run the ball.

Can't stop the run.

Can't stop the pass.

We bleed yards.

No turnovers.

No pass rush.

Flustered QB.

acehole
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM

Thoughts?

Hey Raph...post the same poll/thread with JP instead of trent and 2007 game started by him...and see what the numbers are.

Fun.

mybills
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Did he single handedly cost them the past 3 games? No.
Just this last one.

bigbub2352
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Shotty playcalling has alot to do with this as well as Trent having his worst game in a Bills uniform
Also bad Oline PLay
Bad TE play
and no creativity at all

mybills
11-10-2008, 02:45 PM
A great QB would overcome all of that and get the job done. He didn't even bother to scramble this time.

Kenny
11-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Shotty playcalling has alot to do with this as well as Trent having his worst game in a Bills uniform
Also bad Oline PLay
Bad TE play
and no creativity at all

the only thing I liked about him was his football smarts and his quick release... That seems to be gone now, and now he's nothing more than Losman minus the arm.
Im not saying we go with Losman, cause frankly, -we've already run him out of town, and I dont think he really cares about this team anymore. But TE's lack of play, and now his crappy attitude (not willing to blame himself) equals another loser for football's most important position.

gr8slayer
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
the only thing I liked about him was his football smarts and his quick release... That seems to be gone now, and now he's nothing more than Losman minus the arm.
Im not saying we go with Losman, cause frankly, -we've already run him out of town, and I dont think he really cares about this team anymore. But TE's lack of play, and now his crappy attitude (not willing to blame himself) equals another loser for football's most important position.
Add that to the fact that the guy simply does not posses the ability to score points but is great at turning the ball over and you have the dreaded Losman 2.0.

yordad
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Trent played a very bad game. But we know he can do better.But why then?

Philagape
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
But why then?

Why is he having bad games? Several possibilities
-- Lingering effects and/or tentativeness from the concussion and/or getting pounded weekly. (I never saw JP take this much abuse)
-- 3-4 defenses taking away the intermediates, which is his strength, and still getting pressure because guys like Jenkins and Seymour are owning the line.
-- Chemistry issues like missing Reed, not trusting and/or not on the same page with Hardy.
-- All of the above hurting his confidence and poise, which we know he has.
-- He's inconsistent and streaky like many young QBs
-- Maybe he's not a great QB who carry the team on his back. That would require taking the next step to what would be All-Pro level, and he's not there.

yordad
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Why is he having bad games? Several possibilities
-- Lingering effects and/or tentativeness from the concussion and/or getting pounded weekly. (I never saw JP take this much abuse) Could JP have had better pocket awareness? I mean, what happened to TE's poise?
-- 3-4 defenses taking away the intermediates, which is his strength, and still getting pressure because guys like Jenkins and Seymour are owning the line. So, the lines sucks, and our QB is one dimensional? Didn't you say the problem was JP, not the line? And wasn't you knock on JP an unfounded claim "He can only throw the long ball"?
-- Chemistry issues like missing Reed, not trusting and/or not on the same page with Hardy. Oh, how about not having hardy, and the loss of Peerless (which was of course what happened to JP last year).
-- All of the above hurting his confidence and poise, which we know he has. So he is mentally weak?
-- Maybe he's not a great QB who carry the team on his back. That would require taking the next step to what would be All-Pro level, and he's not there. Oh, now it's a team sport? So, when a weaker team fails with JP as QB, it's JPs fault. But when a better team fails with TE as QB it's back to the "it's a weak team" argument? How you do not see the parallels is beyond me.

Philagape
11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Because like many people have said many times, a QB's strengths and weaknesses are apparent by watching the QB. People who can do that can see how much of his failures he's responsible for, and how much of his weaknesses are inherent (especially when they're apparent after much more experience).
I gave JP a chance for two seasons, but when the same things kept happening after that, his grace period ran out, and the source of his failures became more apparent. If Trent is still playing like this in his third year and not overcoming obstacles, then we'll know he's a failure too.
Trent has shown more in one and a half seasons than JP EVER did.
Trent still has some growing to do. JP never grew.

Cntrygal
11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty impressed with the participation of this poll.... Great question Raphael!

djjimkelly
11-10-2008, 08:15 PM

lol he may be smarter then JP becuz he hasnt called out coaches and im now positive that JP costs himself the job by calling out people last year.

acehole
11-11-2008, 09:00 AM
joke.

i am not saying he is not making mistakes
But the Coaching Staff is a joke as well as the Front OFFICE, they continue to not address the Lines, they continue to sign guys that dont fit the schemes that we are trying to implemnet
DJ is a horrible head coach the players luv him cause he doesnt amek them work hard and never yells at them
We need to get a real HC in here someone with Emotion
Trent will struggle as long as he doesnt have the weapons or the line to succeed it is that simple he is trying to do to much and the conservative Bills dont help

Give him time and a real offensive line instead of these overpaid Jokes and u will see a differance when we can actually run the game
Dont read into the Media crap and the excusses this is a poorly coached and poorly put together team hence 8 seasons of mediocracy and trying to shuve players like Schobel and Reed down our thorughts as guys who will make a differance
I know some on here luv REED but TDs speak to me as production they help u win games not blocking a DB and catching a first down pass
i know REED plays the game hard but people he doesnt scare a Defense
Please someone anyone get us a NEW HC, New GM, New assistants

acehole
11-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Also bad Oline PLay
Bad TE play
and no creativity at all

Play calling is excuse#17.

mybills
11-11-2008, 09:04 AM
lol he may be smarter then JP becuz he hasnt called out coaches and im now positive that JP costs himself the job by calling out people last year.
He wasn't alone. Lee and others did, too.

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Also bad Oline PLay
Bad TE play
and no creativity at all

Ive heard from many people who went to the game and some analysts afterwards that showed plenty of receivers open...he's reverting to JP form...and I really hope he's not going to regress from here on out. Even JP in his best games never looked as good as Trent's best games.

justasportsfan
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Ive heard from many people who went to the game and some analysts afterwards that showed plenty of receivers open...he's reverting to JP form...and I really hope he's not going to regress from here on out. Even JP in his best games never looked as good as Trent's best games.
Yup, but it can be argued Trents had better talent than JP's ever had and on the flipside , Trents has looked worse having had practiced with the 1st unit , than JP vs the cards .

SABURZFAN
11-11-2008, 01:16 PM
JP would have this team at 3-6 at the least

i doubt it.

raphael120
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Yup, but it can be argued Trents had better talent than JP's ever had and on the flipside , Trents has looked worse having had practiced with the 1st unit , than JP vs the cards .

It's questionable what the talent level is from 3 years ago to now. we're looking like another 7-9 team so I think it's a wash

justasportsfan
11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
It's questionable what the talent level is from 3 years ago to now. we're looking like another 7-9 team so I think it's a wash
could be coaching.

Typ0
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I guess I'm a blind optimist then. I think 3 years ago we were ten players away and today we are 5 or less. We are young. The OLine is experienced and they are getting blown away. There is something missing. I'm ready to give this staff a chance to figure out what's missing given the investment we've made in this machine.

bills_7
11-12-2008, 01:48 AM
i dont know how all of u are blind to see that JP is better,, ralph just hates him i think and what ralph says goes

SABURZFAN
11-12-2008, 07:47 AM
i dont know how all of u are blind to see that JP is better

:roflmao:

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:55 AM
i dont know how all of u are blind to see that JP is better,, ralph just hates him i think and what ralph says goes
I don't know about better but equal? Sure, they both still suck and are bottom feeders when it comes to starting QB's in the NFL. Losman has no brains and Edwards lacks the ability to score touchdowns.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't know about better but equal? Sure, they both still suck and are bottom feeders when it comes to starting QB's in the NFL. Losman has no brains and Edwards lacks the ability to score touchdowns.
I bet they can do so much better with better coaches that know how to play to win instead of playing not to lose. I'd be scared of JP if he was with the Pats.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I bet they can do so much better with better coaches that know how to play to win instead of playing not to lose. I'd be horrified of JP if he was with the Pats.
I'm hoping that Losman is the #2 in Dallas next season. Can you imagine what he could do with real talent around him like T.O, Roy E. Williams, and Witten? With that freaking arm? Yikes.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm hoping that Losman is the #2 in Dallas next season. Can you imagine what he could do with real talent around him like T.O, Roy E. Williams, and Witten? With that freaking arm? Yikes.
The only way that happens if he beats up some woman or sells drugs. My prediction is that that job will go to Vick once he's released.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
The only way that happens if he beats up some woman or sells drugs. My prediction is that that job will go to Vick once he's released.
Maybe you know something I don't? I can't think of a Cowboy on the team right now that has been busted selling drugs or beating up a female?

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Can you imagine what he could do with real talent around him like T.O, Roy E. Williams, and Witten? With that freaking arm? Yikes. Or allowed to run instead of forcing him to be ONLY a pocket passer.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Maybe you know something I don't? I can't think of a Cowboy on the team right now that has been busted selling drugs or beating up a female?
that's because Pacman screwed up again.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
that's because Pacman screwed up again.
He didn't sell drugs or beat up a female, he beat up his bodyguard.

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:08 AM
He didn't sell drugs or beat up a female, he beat up his bodyguard.
pacman hasn't had a past hitting females? MY point is, do something criminal and Jones will give you a 2nd chance and glofiry your deeds.

I honestly think Travis Henry will end up in Dallas.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 10:10 AM
pacman hasn't had a past hitting females? MY point is, do something criminal and Jones will give you a 2nd chance and glofiry your deeds.

I honestly think Travis Henry will end up in Dallas.
Really, maybe you can list every single criminal on the roster for me then; I mean since there are so many. Why would Dallas want Henry when they have the Barbarian?

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Really, maybe you can list every single criminal on the roster for me then; I mean since there are so many. Why would Dallas want Henry when they have the Barbarian?
Tank Johnson was arrested (as a Bear) for having unlicensed guns and later for drunk driving and Adam Jones come to mind. Not gonna search the history for you.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Tank Johnson was arrested (as a Bear) for having unlicensed guns and later for drunk driving and Adam Jones come to mind. Not gonna search the history for you.
So two players make you think that the entire team is full of people who beat females and sell drugs? Interesting. I can name a Bill who was accused of hitting a female but I can't think of a single Cowboy.

madness
11-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh look, everybody is defending their favorite team.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh look, everybody is defending their favorite team.
I voted for the first option :up:

justasportsfan
11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
So two players make you think that the entire team is full of people who beat females and sell drugs? Interesting. I can name a Bill who was accused of hitting a female but I can't think of a single Cowboy.
Did I say entire team? Like I said, Jones will give you a 2nd chance regardless of criminal record.

gr8slayer
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Did I say entire team? Like I said, Jones will give you a 2nd chance regardless of criminal record.
Ok, so who has he given a second chance to other than Adam Jones and Tank Johnson? What woman beating, drug dealing criminals has he accepted into the franchise?