PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jaruon Haters,,,,

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Let me ask yall a question,,,

If you were a coach in the NFL would the Bills current roster be a model for success in your mind? In other words would you be excited about going into the season with the players we currently have and actually believe that you will compete with the better teams in the NFL?

I wouldnt....

I know a lot of us had high hopes before the season started but that was clearly just optimism.

We dont have even ONE consistent pass rusher. Every good team has at least 1 and most good teams have 2 or more.

We cant run block. And that has nothing to do with coaching. Run blocking is a fairly simple concept. We just dont have players who are good at it.

We dont have many cagy veterans. When you watch the Bills you just feel that they are missing something, a certain intangible element. I think that its experience and savvy football players.

We currently only have 1 receiver with any real experience. And our TEs are run blockers at best.

So what you are all expecting is for Jauron to win without a run game, a pass rush, experience at crucial positions (QB, WR) and an overall lack of playmakers. Sorry but thats not realistic.

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 08:12 PM

If you were a coach in the NFL would the Bills current roster be a model for success in your mind? In other words would you be excited about going into the season with the players we currently have and actually believe that you will compete with the better teams in the NFL?

I wouldnt....

I know a lot of us had high hopes before the season started but that was clearly just optimism.

We dont have even ONE consistent pass rusher. Every good team has at least 1 and most good teams have 2 or more.

We cant run block. And that has nothing to do with coaching. Run blocking is a fairly simple concept. We just dont have players who are good at it.

We dont have many cagy veterans. When you watch the Bills you just feel that they are missing something, a certain intangible element. I think that its experience and savvy football players.

We currently only have 1 receiver with any real experience. And our TEs are run blockers at best.

So what you are all expecting is for Jauron to win without a run game, a pass rush, experience at crucial positions (QB, WR) and an overall lack of playmakers. Sorry but thats not realistic.

Aren't head coaches supposed to make players better? What happened in Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore or even Arizona? I don't understand your point? I think you need to stop making excuses for a perennial losing coach and see what the problem really is...COACHING! He doesn't put these guys in position to win, he doesn't make good gameday decisions, he doesn't make good adjustments and his gameplans lack creativity. Need I say more?

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Aren't head coaches supposed to make players better? What happened in Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore or even Arizona? I don't understand your point? I think you need to stop making excuses for a perennial losing coach and see what the problem really is...COACHING! He doesn't put these guys in position to win, he doesn't make good gameday decisions, he doesn't make good adjustments and his gameplans lack creativity. Need I say more?
NO COACHES DONT MAKE PLAYERS BETTER.... Thats BS... Coaches game plan and put their players in position to win. Players either have talent or they dont. Coaches need something to work with then they can coach them up.

Sorry but Denney, Kelsay, Royal, Preston, Ellison, Fowler etc dont have talent. You cant make these guys better than they are.

And when those players are starters for you in critical positions you cant expect the coach to just wave a magic wand and make these guys into good players.

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
NO COACHES DONT MAKE PLAYERS BETTER.... Thats BS... Coaches game plan and put their players in position to win. Players either have talent or they dont. Coaches need something to work with then they can coach them up.

Sorry but Denney, Kelsay, Royal, Preston, Ellison, Fowler etc dont have talent. You cant make these guys better than they are.

And when those players are starters for you in critical positions you cant expect the coach to just wave a magic wand and make these guys into good players.

Nighthawk
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Ok, you're not thinking clearly so we'll agree to disagree.

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok, you're not thinking clearly so we'll agree to disagree.
Yeah yer right. Jauron should make due with what he's got... after all all the other coaches who win in the NFL are winning with similar talent.

Lets see... Bills DL--- Denney-Williams-Stroud-Kelsay

Giants- Kiwanuka-Robbins-Cofield-Tuck

Pats- Seymour-Wilfork-Warren-Thomas-Vrabel

Steelers- Smith-Hampton-Eason-Harrison-Woodley

Titans- Vanden Bosch - Haynesworth- Brown - Kearse

I bet Mike Tomlin came over from Minny and made Harrison and Woodley into sick pass rushers right.

Give Jauron a couple of these guys and were 9-0.

And I havent even gotten to the offense yet.

patmoran2006
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
This team has enough talent and playmakers to win.

They have been not only outplayed, but CLEARLY outcoached in the last three weeks.. It's soooooooo visible.

yordad
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM

And when those players are starters for you in critical positions you cant expect the coach to just wave a magic wand and make these guys into good players.Does good game planning, and being in position to win not make a player better? Does it at least make an average player play better?

tat2dmike77
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM

That quote is almost as good as FTP quote of teams are not measured by wins and losses.

And while i don't think denney kelsay and those you mentioned are hall of fame material you do have to have some talent to make a team.

SpillerThrills
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM

while I see what both of you are saying, I have to kind of agree with both of you..... the coach can game plan and prepare the team all week, I'm not with the team to see what's going on during the week so I can't say that Jauron is doing it or not. the players are the ones that have to exicute. all the coach's can do is call the plays, it's up to the players to make the most of the play.

you can have all the talent in the world, but if the coach isn't doing his job then your not gonna win. on the other hand great coaching can utilize his players to their strengths for the betterment of the team. I can't say that there is an abundance of talent on this team, and I can't say that we have the greatest coaching..... but something needs to be done to turn this team around, but I don't see Jauron going anywhere.

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
That quote is almost as good as FTP quote of teams are not measured by wins and losses.

And while i don't think denney kelsay and those you mentioned are hall of fame material you do have to have some talent to make a team.
NFL coaches cannot make a player more or less talented. When you get into the NFL you are what you are. Can a coach play to a player's strength? Sure, but when you're talking about players like Kelsay and Denney what can any coach really do to get them to produce??? Please pass on some suggestions for Coach Jauron.

Philagape
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM

That has a lot to do with coaching .... coaches decide blocking schemes.

And as for pass rushing, coaches can call blitzes

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
That has a lot to do with coaching .... coaches decide blocking schemes.

And as for pass rushing, coaches can call blitzes

Right and players execute the schemes. You can man block or zone block. We are a man blocking team and each man on our OL gets whipped at the LOS. Nothing a coach can do about that.

Coaches are calling blitzes. The blitzes dont get there. When an OL isnt worried about your DEs picking up a blitzer is fairly easy.

tat2dmike77
11-09-2008, 10:46 PM
NFL coaches cannot make a player more or less talented. When you get into the NFL you are what you are. Can a coach play to a player's strength? Sure, but when you're talking about players like Kelsay and Denney what can any coach really do to get them to produce??? Please pass on some suggestions for Coach Jauron.

You are right but a good coach will find his players strengths and use them to thier advantage. Look at Tom Brady he was a 7th round pick but Bellichik found the strengths that Brady has and he uses them. Marv Levy was anthor one that found players and while they may have not been hall of famers he found thier strengths and used them properly. Players like Beebe and Tasker come to mind.

Jauron needs to come up with better game plans and look at his players strengths and use those to his advantage. I understand what you are saying. You are frustrated and so am i believe me i am so frustrated right now. But jauron is not going to lead this team anywhere except to nowhere. How does a team that was playing so well start playing like crap so quickly? I will tell you how. AZ figured out how to beat the Bills and Jaruon still goes with the same ol game plan. You have to change it up or else and we are witnessing the or else part. Also he needs to put a foot in some players asses and motivate these players.

OpIv37
11-09-2008, 10:53 PM

I wouldnt....

First, coaches have input into personnel decisions. Granted, the GM/FO has final say, but it's ridiculous to think that Jauron bears NO responsibility for the composition of this team.

Second, talent aside, what's the excuse for the wasted timeouts and poor challenges against the Jets? The lackluster attempt at a challenge against NE? The overall horrid success rates on challenges? The lack of in-game adjustments (one example: the D parting like the Red Sea for Cassell to scramble TWICE)? The failure to override Fairchild's play-calling the previous two seasons? The failure to get the D in the right position for pass defense? Consistent failure to take advantage of our opponents' weaknesses?

Seriously, there are talent problems on this roster and our players simply aren't as good as the players that teams like NE have. But that doesn't excuse Jauron or mean he hasn't made mistakes. Jauron has failed on his own plenty of times.

Mahdi
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
You are right but a good coach will find his players strengths and use them to thier advantage. Look at Tom Brady he was a 7th round pick but Bellichik found the strengths that Brady has and he uses them. Marv Levy was anthor one that found players and while they may have not been hall of famers he found thier strengths and used them properly. Players like Beebe and Tasker come to mind.

Jauron needs to come up with better game plans and look at his players strengths and use those to his advantage. I understand what you are saying. You are frustrated and so am i believe me i am so frustrated right now. But jauron is not going to lead this team anywhere except to nowhere. How does a team that was playing so well start playing like crap so quickly? I will tell you how. AZ figured out how to beat the Bills and Jaruon still goes with the same ol game plan. You have to change it up or else and we are witnessing the or else part. Also he needs to put a foot in some players asses and motivate these players.
I respect your post. I guess I just dont feel we have enough players with strengths to play to. Kelsay cant speed rush and he cant bull rush either. He cant go inside or outside. Denney is the same. I just dont see what he can do to put them in position for success. They simply lack useful skills.

tat2dmike77
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I respect your post. I guess I just dont feel we have enough players with strengths to play to. Kelsay cant speed rush and he cant bull rush either. He cant go inside or outside. Denney is the same. I just dont see what he can do to put them in position for success. They simply lack useful skills.

Maybe this team should have switched to a 3-4 defense if schobell was that important in the first ya know. I understand what you are saying. But by the bills relying on schobel to the lone pass rusher is not only ******ed it is redonkulous. I agree you need one dominate pass rusher and one who is a decent rusher in other words you need a phil hansen to your bruce smith. Now i know Bruce is once in a lifetime talent but you catch my drift.

jimbohastle51
11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
This team has enough talent and playmakers to win.

They have been not only outplayed, but CLEARLY outcoached in the last three weeks.. It's soooooooo visible.

you hit the nail on the head. you cant put it on edwards if you know anything about football.... your asking a very young qb to put the team on his shoulders and win games without a running attack, and thats not going to happen (hes going to force things and make mistakes at his age). you can blame pass rush all you want but pass rush isnt just sacks, its hurries as well and we DO get hurries on qbs, our coach clearly is not a great game manager. perfect example for this week (i could pick obvious coaching errors from the past 3 weeks too) welker clearly out of bounds in the first quarter and we dont challenge a play that clearly puts the pats in scoring position. we squander away challenges on hopeless calls and use them in obvious loosing situations which is a real good way to tell that our coach cannot manage whats going on in front of him. sad thing is that even if we fire jauron after the year our front office wont hire a savy expirienced coach. they'll hire a guy that will take minimum wage or has never been a head coach before.

Historian
11-10-2008, 06:58 AM
If Parcells or Schottenheimer were in charge of this group, we're at least 7-2.

justasportsfan
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM

He made his bed. He should sleep in it.