• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Not sure what's happening to Trent

I just don't get it.. This kid was doing everything right.. cant blame it on the concussion because he was elite in the SD win in his first game back.

But for three straight weeks, he's been AWFUL. It's alarming how much he suddenly looks like the QB who was the starter before him. He's making terrible decisions out there. I can't explain what's happening.

His poor play isn't ALL his fault, but man, did he ever look awful today.. I defended his mistakes the past two games, but no defending him today.. It's all on him offensively. Even besides the INT's, he threw some terrible passes and looked as uncomfortable as I've ever seen him. SOmething just is not right with him, and it's such a sudden turn.

Just can't figure out what suddenly happend. Josh Reed couldn't have made THAT big a difference.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Not sure what's happening to Trent

It's the same old list of valid excuses.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I'm not making any excuses for him.. Im' just trying to figure out how the light went out and suddenly is become the EXACT OPPOSITE kind of QB that made him a keeper.

Im not trying to make this thread about Losman, but Trent suddenly is playing very much like JP Losman did when he was the starter.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

He's a good 2nd stringer, and need's all the help he can get.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

There's no excuses for today ... both picks were entirely his fault. The first was an inaccurate pass, and the second was a bad decision.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

the same thing has been eating me up honestly.. i dont know what went wrong either but the qb that i thought he was would have won all three of these games that we just lost.

the other thing i keep thinking is that the teams he beat.. well honestly, they just were not that good, maybe?

i mean i thought his performance in the san diego game was great.. then i saw tyler thigpen do the same thing. that is a bit discouraging.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I just don't get it.. This kid was doing everything right.. cant blame it on the concussion because he was elite in the SD win in his first game back.

But for three straight weeks, he's been AWFUL. It's alarming how much he suddenly looks like the QB who was the starter before him. He's making terrible decisions out there. I can't explain what's happening.

His poor play isn't ALL his fault, but man, did he ever look awful today.. I defended his mistakes the past two games, but no defending him today.. It's all on him offensively. Even besides the INT's, he threw some terrible passes and looked as uncomfortable as I've ever seen him. SOmething just is not right with him, and it's such a sudden turn.

Just can't figure out what suddenly happend. Josh Reed couldn't have made THAT big a difference.
              I can tell you what has happened to Trent.. How would you like to be hiking the ball and the only thing between you and Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork is a couple of lawn chairs? If I was Trent, I would be trying to throw some quick strikes for sure, this explains why Lee hasn't had a huge breakout game thus far.. We need way better blocking if Trent is going to be successful, Losman would look even worst out there.

Comment

• bills_7
                TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                • Mar 2004

why dont u guys run him out of town now like JP

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Teams are doing the exact same things to him.

Rushing only 3 guys and dropping everyone back in coverage.....and it's working to perfection mostly because we are so one dimensional.

Turk's got to stick with the running game. He's turning into Kevin Gilbridge(Killadrive).
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    considering he started to play poorly after josh reed went down i don't think you can discount this.

reed was money for him on 3rd down.

he was a great check down for Edwards, one he was comfortable with. it's clear he's not comfortable right now with the rest of the WR's on the team atm.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      considering he started to play poorly after josh reed went down i don't think you can discount this.

reed was money for him on 3rd down.

he was a great check down for Edwards, one he was comfortable with. it's clear he's not comfortable right now with the rest of the WR's on the team atm.
                      True.

And Royal has been no help either.

Comment

• ZEUS
                        My bedroom is covered in posters of naked men.
                        • Jul 2005

It's not all on him. The o-line sucks, teams can drop eight back and still get pressure. No recievers, Evans is doubled and no one else can get open or hold on to the ball. Play calling is terrible. We abandon the run game (in part due to the line) and throw twice on 3rd and very short?

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

There were plays where he had plenty of time to deliver the ball and flat out missed the target. He's holding onto the ball too long, missing open receivers & starring down his intended target far too often, allowing DB's to jump his passes.

Those INT's were terrible and he could have had 2-3 more. Certainly a surprise. Has he been figured out or is he just not progressing through his reads ? Hard to figure but it doesn't help that the Offense can't run the ball or the D cannot get off the field in key situations. 2006 all over again.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tinboy
                            • Aug 2004

What happen was a young team caught up in it's own hype. Trent will be good but he needs another year to mature. And a good catching TE!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

It's a combination of no run game, pass blocking, and recievers not getting open.

Comment

Working...
                              X