Forked Thread: Quarterback Controversy Restarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Forked Thread: Quarterback Controversy Restarted

Forked from: Quarterback Controversy Restarted

Originally posted by UltimateBillsFan
    Trent's horrible. He makes awful decisions when he has great protection. He's lucky he only has had two picks today. JP would do much better with this protection so put him in.
    This offense has made the same mistakes against the same basic defense 3 weeks in a row. Actually, we were more predictable this week than we were last week. How many times in a row did they run on 1st down?
    The defense is still giving up 8 or so yards on first down throws because they are playing a soft zone almost like a prevent all game long.
    We can't run the ball.
    Pass protection is getting worse every game.
    Trent is getting put in a bad situation. 2 picks on one bad throw and one bad decision.
    What disturbs me is that Schonert and co. can't seem to figure out the 3-4 defenses and all 3 division opponents employ that configuration.
    This need for a single scapegoat is superficial.
    Of course, the blame starts with lack of execution on the field, but when your best players are unable to make plays consistently on both sides of the ball and at several positions, the coaching staff needs to take the brunt of the responsibility.
    There were comments on this and I noticed it happening all through the game: When NE was in an 8 man front, we ran the ball. When they were in a 7 man front, we threw it. That screams poor preparation.
    If anyone honestly thinks that switching quarterbacks is going to suddenly change all those areas of the Bills' current ineptitude, I suspect that they are not looking with much depth of focus.
    My suspicion is that the Schonert experiment will not last long if this continues.
    We have some serious speed and talent on offense, yet Jauron is putting his conservative stamp all over this team.
    Eric Studdesville is the "Running Game Coordinator."
    Something tells me that there are too many cooks in the kitchen.
    This wouod never happen, but looking at this staff, If I was the owner, Jauron would be my defensive coordinator, I would search for a new offensive coordinator, and Bobby April would be my choice for head coach.
Working...
X