• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Terrible performance all around.

I know that this was a horrid outing, but the fact remains that things out of our control still happened that change the momentum of ball games.

Lets take the first drive for example, the 15 yard unnecessary roughness call on Simpson. Instead of being a huge play for us and setting the physical tone for the game it goes the opposite way and deflates us. On that very same opening drive, a 45 yard pass out of bound to Welker gets ruled a catch and the refs ignore our challenge flag. Are you $%^*ing kidding me, not only was the ball being bobbled, but he was never inbound in the first place. This leads to a touchdown scramble for the arrogant Brandy Jr. It is absolute BS to spot a team 60 yards on a opening drive, that should have NEVER happened and it set the tone for the game. Now we are playing from behind the whole game.

Then when we finally stop their 8 name 4th string running back after a 80 yard drive in the 4th, the refs decide they want to give the Pats another 4 shots at the end zone and call Stroud for holding and they are set up with 1st and goal and after pretending to try to get in for 2 plays they score on the 3rd.

Lastly yes the game was over but the onside kick was ours, period.

No matter how terrible we played the Pats still needed to cheat to win.
    www.blzbus.com
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Terrible performance all around.

First, both Simpson and Stroud actually committed those penalties. They were stupid, undisciplined penalties and certainly within the Bills' control. There were some terrible calls in that game, but those two were the right calls. And the game was largely over when Stroud committed his penalty anyway.

Second, Jauron was hesitant with the flag. I agree that the refs should have seen it and stopped the play, but Jauron has to make that decision faster and be more agressive. This happened to another coach (Saban maybe?) two years ago so it's not like a situation that coaches haven't been warned about in the past.

These factors most certainly were in the Bills control and are just more examples of mistakes made by this team.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      First, both Simpson and Stroud actually committed those penalties. They were stupid, undisciplined penalties and certainly within the Bills' control. There were some terrible calls in that game, but those two were the right calls. And the game was largely over when Stroud committed his penalty anyway.

Second, Jauron was hesitant with the flag. I agree that the refs should have seen it and stopped the play, but Jauron has to make that decision faster and be more agressive. This happened to another coach (Saban maybe?) two years ago so it's not like a situation that coaches haven't been warned about in the past.

These factors most certainly were in the Bills control and are just more examples of mistakes made by this team.
      I can understand the hesitation. It is a tough call for a coach, especially on the road when he most likely wont have the luxury of the big screen showing the replay. All home teams are known to not show replays that would help the other team. Right there you either have to see the play yourself, rely on the player near the play, or go by instinct. You can't tell me that is something that will result in flawless execution of throwing a red flag at the right time all the time.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
        I can understand the hesitation. It is a tough call for a coach, especially on the road when he most likely wont have the luxury of the big screen showing the replay. All home teams are known to not show replays that would help the other team. Right there you either have to see the play yourself, rely on the player near the play, or go by instinct. You can't tell me that is something that will result in flawless execution of throwing a red flag at the right time all the time.
        1 of 7 on challenges this season. The guy is simply TERRIBLE with making challenges. It's a tough call, but his job as an NFL coach is to make tough calls and to make them quickly. If you're gonna do it, do it with authority. Otherwise, don't bother.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• eee1776
          • Jul 2005

The officals this week did not help us one bit. I'sm sick of the Pats commiting penalities and not being called for them. How many of us saw Kyle willams tackled in the backfield on a potenial sack. This just doens't happen to us but most team that play the pats at home.
          still there is no excuse for the terrible game plan. I think our Offensive cordinator is way over his head in this league.

Comment

Working...
          X