• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's not Trent's fault

Don't be so quick to lay blame on Trent.

I am getting sick of all the talk about how bad Trent was in this play or that play or on this certain drive. It's getting tiresome hearing you guys bash him when he fails to drive the team to victory.

There are a few contributers to his poor play. The lack of cohesion on the O-line is in large part one of the keys. Teams watch hours of game tape preparing for the enemy and they can read the holes the Bills have in the front five and can exploit those weaknesses.

Another contributer is the lack of weapons. The Bills cannot move into the next level of being an elite team without two great wide outs. Again teams preparing to face the Bills can read the routes Evans is going to run and double up on him. Without a stud second receiver the Bills will never be a real threat.

Yeah I know you can pick apart some of the throws Trent made in pressure situations but remember there are many other factors to his poor play. It's easy to lay blame on the QB but look at the bigger picture.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: It's not Trent's fault

He played poorly yesterday but the big hits in the first drive, thank you Derrick Dockery, I think got in his head.

This is a guy that counts on his protection to be there. Unlike Losman who would get nervous in a collapsing pocket, Trent uses the pocket til the last possible second. The pocket has been breaking down very quickly and I think it's rushing his throws.

I'm not worried about Trent as much as I am Derrick Dockery and Marshawyn lynch.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      He played poorly yesterday but the big hits in the first drive, thank you Derrick Dockery, I think got in his head.

This is a guy that counts on his protection to be there. Unlike Losman who would get nervous in a collapsing pocket, Trent uses the pocket til the last possible second. The pocket has been breaking down very quickly and I think it's rushing his throws.

I'm not worried about Trent as much as I am Derrick Dockery and Marshawyn lynch.
      at least lossman could use his feet....al least lossmencan throw while he is running....al least lossmen can throw the deep ball....

excuses excuses...

We were not suppose to look at the big picture with JP.
      We blamed JP for each and every loss and now we use that measure..

We will blame Trent for the same...

We will use that measure now...sorry...your bed lay in it.

you guys get what you deserve
      Last edited by acehole; 11-10-2008, 09:44 AM.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by acehole
        at least lossman could use his feet....al least lossmencan throw while he is running....al least lossmen can throw the deep ball....

excuses excuses...

We were not suppose to look at the big picture with JP only JP.
        We blamed JP for each and every loss and now we use that measure..

We will blame Trent for the same...

We will use that measure now...sorry...your bed lay in it.

you guys get what you deserve
        Dude, compare Trent's numbers this year to Losman's numbers last year. They've played about the same number of games.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

He was worse than Losman..he was Bledwards!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• billsfanone
            Majored in Home Economics
            • Sep 2008

I'm a Trent Truster and I say it IS Trent's fault. Along with the OL, and the entire D.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Dude, compare Trent's numbers this year to Losman's numbers last year. They've played about the same number of games.

When I tried to use numbers to make my points last year they were to be disreguarded...shall I use that measure with you?

Remember it is wins and losses that not only mater (More then numbers)...but are layed at the qb's feet.

My piont above was JP had some tools to get out of bad plays...

We will look at numbers at the end of the season....
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan

I am getting sick of all the talk about how bad Trent was in this play or that play or on this certain drive. It's getting tiresome hearing you guys bash him when he fails to drive the team to victory.

There are a few contributers to his poor play. The lack of cohesion on the O-line is in large part one of the keys. Teams watch hours of game tape preparing for the enemy and they can read the holes the Bills have in the front five and can exploit those weaknesses.

Another contributer is the lack of weapons. The Bills cannot move into the next level of being an elite team without two great wide outs. Again teams preparing to face the Bills can read the routes Evans is going to run and double up on him. Without a stud second receiver the Bills will never be a real threat.

Yeah I know you can pick apart some of the throws Trent made in pressure situations but remember there are many other factors to his poor play. It's easy to lay blame on the QB but look at the bigger picture.
                You're partially right. It's not ONLY Trent's fault. The OL has been pathetic and the run game has been non-existent. But Trent missed wide open receivers at least 3 times, including one for an INT, and he made a bad decision on the second INT. Those were ALL on Trent.

Remember, Trent played behind a terrible OL in Stanford so it's not like he isn't used to the situation.

All of our losses this year have been total team losses and can't be pinned solely on Trent's shoulders, but he has to take responsibility for his play as well.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

You are right Op...Trent did have a bad oline at stanford......he also had a losing record there.....

One has to ask does the oline make the qb or the other way around....

In the past it was the other way around.....

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  You're partially right. It's not ONLY Trent's fault. The OL has been pathetic and the run game has been non-existent. But Trent missed wide open receivers at least 3 times, including one for an INT, and he made a bad decision on the second INT. Those were ALL on Trent.

Remember, Trent played behind a terrible OL in Stanford so it's not like he isn't used to the situation.

All of our losses this year have been total team losses and can't be pinned solely on Trent's shoulders, but he has to take responsibility for his play as well.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan

replace Trents name with JP and it's the same thing we said when JP was the qb. It's almost deja vu.

I heard Trent started calling his college OL and he told them he misses them.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

When the line gives Trent enough space to step into a throw and then he's throwing picks, call me. Do you know what happens when a QB can't step into a throw? The ball sails just like it did most of the NE game.

We're expecting a 2nd year QB to win games without pass protection and a running game. That's not going to happen no matter what people's expectations are.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

hilarious. People are starting to sound like lickers except it's a different qb.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by madness
                          When the line gives Trent enough space to step into a throw and then he's throwing picks, call me. Do you know what happens when a QB can't step into a throw? The ball sails just like it did most of the NE game.

We're expecting a 2nd year QB to win games without pass protection and a running game. That's not going to happen no matter what people's expectations are.
                          We expect that of a 3rd yer guy starting in his second (Injured one year) to do the same.....

The answer is yes...by using The Trend guys measure...
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            replace Trents name with JP and it's the same thing we said when JP was the qb. It's almost deja vu.

I heard Trent started calling his college OL and he told them he misses them.
                            JP would have been beaten to a pulp by now if he played behind this current line. All those big bombs to Evans? You might want bring up the tape and count how much time he had tap dance in the pocket, waiting for Evans to make his double-move.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              hilarious. People are starting to sound like lickers except it's a different qb.
                              Hilarious is you and your fan club still holding onto JP for dear life. Let it go already.

Comment

Working...
                              X